XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

@ThemeHouse ,

since with XPress the people have to play in 2 systems and the new release, introducing XLink, is a major update to the previous version, you really should provide a step-by-step upgrade instruction. For both, those installing the first time and those upgrading. Even I am struggeling with the upgrade and had to do it now 3 times. That's kinda annoying, even if it's beta software.
No worries, we already got you! ;) Here is some links to our XLink and XPress documentation which explains it all step by step.

There's detailed steps on how to upgrade in the XPress documentation under "upgrading". I don't know offhand if our video tutorial is online yet, but we have that in the works too. Otherwise, we're always glad to help out via ticket. Please keep in mind that we might be a bit slow in response at the moment, as we get a lot of inquires, but we aim to work as fast though them as possible, so please bear with us when wait times are a bit higher than usual.

Since I removed registered from my admin account and then added to the secondary group. Since this admin does not login to WP. After logging into the admin panel the user is then logged into WP on the site?

There's detailed steps on how to upgrade in the XPress documentation under "upgrading". I don't know offhand if our video tutorial is online yet, but we have that in the works too. Otherwise, we're always glad to help out via ticket. Please keep in mind that we might be a bit slow in response at the moment, as we get a lot of inquires, but we aim to work as fast though them as possible, so please bear with us when wait times are a bit higher than usual.
Lukas,

I´ve been through it, followed the steps, had tons of every imaginable server and XF error, resulting in white pages in WP without the possibility to enter the dashboard and being unable to connect the WP instance, had to create my dev-site 4 times from a backup to start all over again since I had no other option, asked others, where 2 were already fed up to the hairs and had it uninstalled and followed that path finally, so there won´t be a ticket. May be it´s just me, but - if any - I´ll stick with the prior version and won´t touch XLink again for a very long time. Sorry to say that, since I know you´ve put a lot of time and effort in this. Really appreciate that and was excited about the first announcement, but this just doesn´t work for me.

Lukas,

I´ve been through it, followed the steps, had tons of every imaginable server and XF error, resulting in white pages in WP without the possibility to enter the dashboard and being unable to connect the WP instance, had to create my dev-site 4 times from a backup to start all over again since I had no other option, asked others, where 2 were already fed up to the hairs and had it uninstalled and followed that path finally, so there won´t be a ticket. May be it´s just me, but - if any - I´ll stick with the prior version and won´t touch XLink again for a very long time. Sorry to say that, since I know you´ve put a lot of time and effort in this. Really appreciate that and was excited about the first announcement, but this just doesn´t work for me.

I had a load of issues due to CloudFlare. The other issues stemmed from the Registered primary group on my admin account. After resolving both of those things, I haven't seen any errors come up, although my testing has been limited.

How did you solve the CloudFlare-problems please, other than turning it of? I use CF too. Thanks!

Some people resolved it by whitelisting their server's public IP within cloudflare's whitelist/firewall area. That didn't work for me however and I required a specific solution, something you'll need to contact ThemeHouse about to see if it is applicable or available to you. I have a special situation with my server configuration so no promises they can make anything available to you.

Unfortunately, I had to remove this add-on after latest update. It is basically not usable under certain circumstances at the moment. I had the same problems you encountered.
The biggest downsize to this is that it is not compatible with common caching plugins apart from (apparently) LiteSpeed Cache. At least support confirmed they could reproduce my issues with caching.
I understand this a new kind of approach to connect Wordpress and Xenforo. I can however not understand how you charge an extra ten bucks for the new release when it is so buggy and untested. This add-on is 80 dollars, I can't think of any WordPress plugin that is so expensive and has caused me so many problems when setting it up.
My apologies for sounding so whiny. I am sure ThemeHouse will come up with a working solution but for the meantime this is not ready for primetime.

Let's be honest, if they intended you to have bugs they wouldn't charge you anything. You're just making rhetorical statements. There is an issue with compatibility. Also you wouldn't be so upset if you tested the update properly on a test board. Not doing so is poor system administration.

May be it´s just me, but - if any - I´ll stick with the prior version and won´t touch XLink again for a very long time.
what is the purpose of xlink? It seems unnecessary, bloat and more complication. Seems like xpress was working great and now torpedo-ing. This concerns me since I was planning on getting this once 2.1 stable is out.

Since you apparently like my rhetorical skills, how about some extra rhetorical questions?
Please tell me how I can test prior to buying this and check for potential incompatibilities? How can potential buyer know about issues if not by reading what other people with "poor system administration" skills experienced with a product that is apparently so poor in terms of code quality?
I have everything up and running (I had backups of everything) so for the moment I am quite okay. I am absolutely not upset at all. This is your interpretation.
Ah, and before you hit the keyboard: keep in mind that rhetorical questions are not meant to be answered...:);)

Ask for your money back? You're just whining as you stated. Bugs suck. It's just the nature of things. Not to mention the reason it isn't working is most likely related to your specific setup, they can't account for every combination of software. Revert back to the vanilla install and let us know if it works or not. If it doesn't then I think people would care about your two cents. I'll ask the mods to add a "someone cares" reaction.

Give them a chance to release an update, and as I said before stop updating your production board without testing like a noob. Personally, it is really tiring to hear people complain about bugs when they don't even test it or report it. They just come straight here and whine. Use their ticket system for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Ask for your money back? You're just whining as you stated. Bugs suck. It's just the nature of things. Not to mention the reason it isn't working is most likely related to your specific setup, they can't account for every combination of software. Revert back to the vanilla install and let us know if it works or not. If it doesn't then I think people would care about your two cents. I'll ask the mods to add a "someone cares" reaction.
If you intend to continue to demonstrate personal offensiveness, I'ld like to remind you of the PC function included in XF.

what is the purpose of xlink? It seems unnecessary, bloat and more complication. Seems like xpress was working great and now torpedo-ing. This concerns me since I was planning on getting this once 2.1 stable is out.
Torpedoing?

The purpose is that people wanted to do multiple WordPress instances. It has full feature parity with 1.0 version. It adds no more or less queries than before, so not sure why you think it is bloat. Also, we are adding other software like Joomla, Wiki, etc. for integrations so this will make our maintenance much easier as we can scope things like user mappings, theme management, etc. in a streamlined way. For us, its easier to manage. For our customers, it allows a few extra features like multiple WordPress, multiple Wiki, etc.

Apologies if some are experiencing some upgrade issues, as I know it we've not had many issues reported that were not small or user-error, but we're here for any fixes as usual. As an aside, 2.1 caused our timeline great issue. But we're just about done with all the things we needed to do with 2.1. Stability across all add-ons we had gained over a year of development on 2.0 will require some more time, but any issue reported is getting fixed as it always has. Feel free to watch issues here: https://github.com/Audentio/xlink-issues/issues

Last edited:
@Mike Creuzer
The purpose is that people wanted to do multiple WordPress instances. It has feature parity as I know it. Also, we are adding other software like Joomla, Wiki, etc. for integrations.
Will this update support WP Multisite? Perhaps that would allow a Xen/Xpress site run with another section using WP plugins not compatible with Xen/Xpress?

@Mike Creuzer Will this update support WP Multisite? Perhaps that would allow a Xen/Xpress site run with another section using WP plugins not compatible with Xen/Xpress?
I personally am not sure if it works with WP multisite. Im assuming that it could easily if it doesn't already, but tagging @Lukas W. to clear that up.

At least now we have separate nonmultisite support right now but I know multisite will merge the wp-admin at least, not sure what else it does.

If you intend to continue to demonstrate personal offensiveness, I'ld like to remind you of the PC function included in XF.

Hey, you guys want to complain in peace that is fine. I just feel sorry for the devs sometimes, on one hand they need customers and on the other hand their customers are lousy.

Just so we're clear, all of us should be aware this is a bridge (bridging two complex, intricate platforms) and there are like a million things that could cause a non-perfect union. Try it, if it doesn't work, money back (wow, much wow). I appreciate that many people do not quite understand the complexity of this add-on and I urge you to pass on it if you don't feel comfortable, we don't want anyone making a purchase they will regret and cannot be liable for the time you spend on it.

All that said, I think what 200 people have had success with it so far. It should be a very very nice product for most people :)

fyi, in your demo link the last two content boxes bleed into the footer

the portal could be complete if there were a way to manually feature threads along with the articles on the homepage.

fyi, in your demo link the last two content boxes bleed into the footer

the portal could be complete if there were a way to manually feature threads along with the articles on the homepage.
We have a bug reported on that, its the masonry javascript library we need to rerun. Meanwhile you can disable masonry layout until that gets pushed out, I agree its unsightly.

And you should be able to promote to article from a thread

maybe a dumb question but if I do choose to use my forum theme, does that change the wordpress URLs? what happens to my wordpress plugins? my concern is how this all changes my wordpress setup which has been set for years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom