XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

I'm hoping you can help with a couple of pointers. I would like to achieve a layout similar to your demo Xpress layout. I would like to have a couple of larger featured images for articles. While I can utilize the grid layout I do not know how to adjust the theme to achieve this. Could you provide some guidance on how to do this. I assume they are added blocks? Unfortunately my Wordpress skills are lacking.

Thanks, Brian

Hi, I'm using the Xpress theme with my site and its giving me the layout I want. I'm just curious if there's a way to disable the preview image from showing in the post, as well as how I can remove the Large first letter of the article?

Attachments

• ff20ca0f15c74f36c1a2eb9449bc4dd7.webp
    ff20ca0f15c74f36c1a2eb9449bc4dd7.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 539c8eea74588171458e10d4baa453d1.webp
    539c8eea74588171458e10d4baa453d1.webp
    98.6 KB · Views: 27
I'm hoping you can help with a couple of pointers. I would like to achieve a layout similar to your demo Xpress layout. I would like to have a couple of larger featured images for articles. While I can utilize the grid layout I do not know how to adjust the theme to achieve this. Could you provide some guidance on how to do this. I assume they are added blocks? Unfortunately my Wordpress skills are lacking.
Got it figured. I needed to change the page to homepage to static and front page and then set articles to be featured using the "featured" tag. Results in a featured article section above the rest of the articles.

@Sperber Here are some screenshots for the featured posts.

You must set the homepage for static page

Then that static page needs to be set for front page.

Then you feature individual posts by tagging them featured in the post section you are making pot.

These other settings control what your are doing with excerpts

Besides the demo page, I would like to see some live implementations of this amazing looking add-on!

https://www.gaming-universe.de - one of the many gaming websites using this ;) - implementation using WP, XF 2.0, Xpress 1.0.0 Patch Level 5 and the most recent UI.X 2 version.

I have a staging version with XF 2.1 beta running without any issues as well but I'm waiting for XF 2.1 RC and Xpress 1.1 before I will roll it out on the live server.

Is their a way (i know i should fix it) to stop this wp errors showing up in my server error logs in xenforo?

Yzb4T8p.png

Is their a way (i know i should fix it) to stop this wp errors showing up in my server error logs in xenforo?

Yzb4T8p.png

We're suppressing notices from WordPress plugins in the 1.1 update. I'd recommend contacting the developer of whatever that plugin is and let them know though, not sure why it's so common for notices like this in WordPress plugins when they're so easy to prevent.

We're suppressing notices from WordPress plugins in the 1.1 update. I'd recommend contacting the developer of whatever that plugin is and let them know though, not sure why it's so common for notices like this in WordPress plugins when they're so easy to prevent.
Thanks for the quick answer! Do you know (approximately) when 1.1 will be released, can't wait :P

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Released

Enhancements:
  • Introduced XLink as new platform management tool
    • XLink is now available for download in your ThemeHouse client area, if you’re an owner of XPress. Please be advised, that moving forward, XLink will be a requirement to run XPress.
    • Find more information on XLink in our documentation.
  • Introduced user group mapping
    • You can now set up 1 to 1 relations for user groups from within your XLink platform manager.
    • User groups are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you! The notices have been killing me.

Key thing I wanted to let everyone know on with respect to XLink is that we built it to support our new WikiMedia integration. But it also will be a wrapper to support any software integration with XenForo and easily handle things like matching themes, user SSO, usergroup mapping, user criteria, etc.

If anyone has ideas for new software integration, Id be curious to know.

Top Bottom