XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Yes I am - actually all my posts do have featured images already. I've tried to add new posts with featured images as I assumed it's maybe not working for old content but that did not change anything.

My settings in Style Properties for XPress are:
  • Article List Layout style: List
  • Article thumbnail size (for list style only): Medium
I've attached a screenshot of one article in Wordpress (it's the most recent version 4.9.8).
The featured image also does show up in the header of the article as well as on Wordpress as a featured post, just not in the list.
As mentioned, I'm only using the Xpress addon and UI.X.
I see, that is very weird indeed. Alright, well one of our developers might be able to help. Just be sure to mention it in the ticket itself ;)

Can someone explain the login settings to me. Which one should I use?

I have about 15 user accounts on WP. All of them already had XF accounts prior. (emails on both accounts will match)

After I install XPress, I only want current users and new users to login and register via XF.
I also want to link the current 15 WP users to their XF account.

Thanks!

I also want to link the current 15 WP users to their XF account.
First, the rest of what you want will work except for this bit right here, its something we have but haven't added to core yet. Its to be released soon though in I think the next release.

Also my WP site is not used for posts and articles. Basically just need XF to handle all logins and registrations and have WP use my XF theme.

I'm trying to do away with a lot of the other Xpress integration options/features. I managed to do away with most of if by disabling many of the template mods from the addon as shown here:

Just can't seem to removed this....

Just a quick update for everyone: The next release version will be 1.1.0, so a major update. It'll ship with the ability to synchronize user groups, and also the ability to link multiple WordPress installations to a single XenForo installation. We're also working on a few more features, and something we'll tell you more about in the near future. 1.1.0 is also meant to streamline the handling of things, moving them to a centralized space and making it easier to enable/disable features as needed.

Just a quick update for everyone: The next release version will be 1.1.0, so a major update. It'll ship with the ability to synchronize user groups, and also the ability to link multiple WordPress installations to a single XenForo installation. We're also working on a few more features, and something we'll tell you more about in the near future. 1.1.0 is also meant to streamline the handling of things, moving them to a centralized space and making it easier to enable/disable features as needed.

Sounds good Lukas, will the woocommerce styling also be released with this version? Are we looking at pre/post xmas for this update?

Has anyone tested this with 2.1 yet?

I'll test it as soon as 2.1 is out of beta and feed any issues back to TH through slack/github

Has anyone tested this with 2.1 yet?
I recommend not upgrading with this yet as its not even tested by us yet. Its a super close relationship.
Sounds good Lukas, will the woocommerce styling also be released with this version? Are we looking at pre/post xmas for this update?
This is a major thing we're hoping to have done. Tagging @Ian Hitt to clarify some details on when we can have this.

making it easier to enable/disable features as needed.

Awesome! 👍 I'm looking for a stripped down basic version. :)
  • WP to use XF style
  • XF to handle all logins and registrations
  • XF accounts link to current WP accounts (same emails)
  • New XF accounts create a WP account with same username, pw, and email. (This should keep the ability to un-link the software and remove the bridge down the road if necessary.)
Thanks!

One more question as it's difficult for me to replicate / test:

I have a full XF installation and a WP installation with only a few members that are also registered on Xenforo. I would like to bridge both with Xpress.
I do understand and have tested that users that have accounts with the same email adress will be connected via Xpress SSO. I've also tested that anyone who registeres for XF will automatically get a connected WP account.

My question is: What about existing XF users that are not in the WP user database yet? Will Xpress still generate a connected WP account when they log in?

Does this plugin work with custom post types? I have a add-on catlog on my wordpress site and want to show them on my forum.

I have two feature suggestions for Xpress that would make navigation much better:

• enable to sort the menu manually (right now it's sorted automatically by alphabet based on the category names)
  • enable to showcase subcategories as a dropdown or even hide them or only show them on category page) (right now all categories and subcategories are displayed in the menu which is really confusing because if you have many categories, it's a ton of menu items and they are all just sorted alphabetically)

Does this plugin work with custom post types? I have a add-on catlog on my wordpress site and want to show them on my forum.
It should, but no guarantee. If you run into an incompatibility, you can report it to our issue tracker and we'll tackle it with a future update.

I have two feature suggestions for Xpress that would make navigation much better:

• enable to sort the menu manually (right now it's sorted automatically by alphabet based on the category names)
  • enable to showcase subcategories as a dropdown or even hide them or only show them on category page) (right now all categories and subcategories are displayed in the menu which is really confusing because if you have many categories, it's a ton of menu items and they are all just sorted alphabetically)
We always recommend setting up your subnavigation manually in the XenForo navigation manager. The automated category list is really just a placeholder for convenience.

What about existing XF users that are not in the WP user database yet? Will Xpress still generate a connected WP account when they log in?

Yes. If it can't link an existing account by email, it'll generate a new one.

Thanks for the swift response, this did resolve a big issue :)

I also noticed one very small bug:
The author URL on the article header is not working if I'm using a different display name for Wordpress instead of the Xenforo username. In this case, it tries to link to a page using the display name instead of the username - which results in a 404 error. It does properly work on the list view and the "View all articles" link on the bottom of an article is working as well so I assume it's an easy fix.

It should, but no guarantee. If you run into an incompatibility, you can report it to our issue tracker and we'll tackle it with a future update.
Okay, tested it on my dev server, works great. But how can i fix that custom post types also get their own topic so you can comment with your own xenforo username?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit;
Fixed that with changing the code a little from the wp plugin.

Last edited:
The home tab would just navigate to what you have set in Basic Board Information under Board URL then the blog should navigate to just your Wordpress site after you've filled out the necessary fields required for XPress to work.

Thanks, but how would we go about making the blog Home and not have the blog menu.. I've managed but the category submenu doesn't move under home when i set home as the static page within wordpress.
The documentation gives you enough information to get up and running, but is lacking how you manage pages and menu setups.
There are a number of addons that i'm thinking of using that need a page and menu entry, I'm guessing i have to add the menu mittems within Pulic Navigation with admin of XF.

Top Bottom