XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Hello, is not possible to put an image on Excerpt?

Something like:

1541546480456.webp

if i put a Featured Image is not taked for excerpt:

1541548141494.webp

and inside the blog look really awful.

1541547238526.webp

the feature image should be down the title, not like a background.

So.. how can i achieve this frontpage?

1541547734392.webp

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, we'd be glad to help you further on this. Please go ahead and create a ticket so that we can help further with this, please. You are able to create a ticket on our support portal here.

I was hoping maybe someone else has done this already and could guide me....This was the reasoning for the forum post. :)

I have submitted a ticket #12330 Thanks @Dalton Prock!

I have an existing XF1.x forum for general discussion about a product/method (Site A), then I have a cruddy blah website for my particular brand of that product (Site B)

I have a plan in the works to convert from my current support ticket system (which is Zoho Desk) to Awesome Support under Wordpress. That would be on "site B" currently.

I understand you can't have the 2 tied together on separate sites because of the cookie issue. But that's not my question (just making that clear)...

It would be ideal if I could have the public discussion/support forum (currently Site A) integrated into a new Site B. Without that, Site B would be a stand-alone WP site with the Awesome Support and likely WooCommerce plugins so that all my ecommerce and technical support tickets and such would be handled under that system, and then Site A would remain the forum for public but then everyone has 2 accounts.

So the question #1 I have (sorry) is integration of an already existing setup like that. I already have users that have a forum account (site A) and a support ticket open (site B - the current zoho one). I could handle making a clean-break with zoho and starting "fresh" under Awesome Support, but if I converted my XF1.x forum to 2.x with Xpress, would this automatically create WP accounts for all existing users of the forum, or does that have to be done manually?

Question #2 - does XPress work with the Awesome Support set of plugins?

Question #3 - if I have to use the ThemeHouse wordpress theme in order to keep the best functionality, can I make modifications to it?

Question #4 - if I have a custom WP theme in the works already (which I do) what if anything needs to be taken into consideration by the guys working on that?

TIA

I have an existing XF1.x forum for general discussion about a product/method (Site A), then I have a cruddy blah website for my particular brand of that product (Site B)

I have a plan in the works to convert from my current support ticket system (which is Zoho Desk) to Awesome Support under Wordpress. That would be on "site B" currently.

I understand you can't have the 2 tied together on separate sites because of the cookie issue. But that's not my question (just making that clear)...

It would be ideal if I could have the public discussion/support forum (currently Site A) integrated into a new Site B. Without that, Site B would be a stand-alone WP site with the Awesome Support and likely WooCommerce plugins so that all my ecommerce and technical support tickets and such would be handled under that system, and then Site A would remain the forum for public but then everyone has 2 accounts.

So the question #1 I have (sorry) is integration of an already existing setup like that. I already have users that have a forum account (site A) and a support ticket open (site B - the current zoho one). I could handle making a clean-break with zoho and starting "fresh" under Awesome Support, but if I converted my XF1.x forum to 2.x with Xpress, would this automatically create WP accounts for all existing users of the forum, or does that have to be done manually?

Question #2 - does XPress work with the Awesome Support set of plugins?

Question #3 - if I have to use the ThemeHouse wordpress theme in order to keep the best functionality, can I make modifications to it?

Question #4 - if I have a custom WP theme in the works already (which I do) what if anything needs to be taken into consideration by the guys working on that?

TIA
I've started a private conversation with you on this, hope to hear back soon! :)
How can I change the name of BLOG on the nav? Want to rename it to HOME.
Can easily be changed in your administrative panel under Public Navigation. Just change the Title field to something of your choosing! :)
This sounds very interesting! Any idea of ETA?
No official ETA at this time but I'd say in a few weeks or so. We'll keep everyone updated! ;)

So Demo shows home and blog in the menu. How should we go about setup? Not sure the difference between Home and Blog as instructions seem to instruct to make home static. But if i do that when i click on blog it goes to home.

So Demo shows home and blog in the menu. How should we go about setup? Not sure the difference between Home and Blog as instructions seem to instruct to make home static. But if i do that when i click on blog it goes to home.
The home tab would just navigate to what you have set in Basic Board Information under Board URL then the blog should navigate to just your Wordpress site after you've filled out the necessary fields required for XPress to work.

I requested this back in July so don't know if anything became of it. I do know there are now more mapping options between the forum and wordpress categories. But I'd like to ask this again, is there a way to auto-promote a thread based on criteria such as threads which appear on the "Trending" page of your Trending addon:

I think that it only makes sense for this to be the case and it takes care of a good bit of content creation for the admins.

I'm a current customer, and love this addon! Is there any chance for integration with AAM groups? This would be awesome if Xenforo groups could be mapped to AAM ones, for restricting certain WordPress content to Xenforo groups.

I'm a current customer, and love this addon! Is there any chance for integration with AAM groups? This would be awesome if Xenforo groups could be mapped to AAM ones, for restricting certain WordPress content to Xenforo groups.
Could you maybe create a ticket and send us a zip of this product? I think we can make that work! :)

Hi all, I've just installed Xpress on a test installation and most of it works perfectly fine but I do have a few issues that I'm not able to iron out:

• featured images do not show up next to posts on the blog pages (apart from the "Featured" section)
  • when using SSO and registering a new user, Xenforo works but I do get a "502 Bad Gateway Error" when accessing the blog. I've tried to add the additional nginx directives to Plesk as detailed in the documentation but did not find an option to do so. Would this solve it and do I need to get in touch with my server admin?
  • I'm not able to promote threads to Wordpress posts despite the fact that I've adjusted all User Group Permissions and I'm using a Superadmin account. What am I doing wrong? What I do is add a tag "featured" to the thread in question - is there more to it?

I also do get an error that I use outdated templates - I'm running the latest versions of Xenforo (Child theme), UI.X and Xpress, no further plugins. When I try to merge, I do get the following error message: "No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible."
The outdated templates are:

thxpress.less
thxpress_article_wrapper_macros
thxpress_page_nav
thxpress_sidebar.less
thxpress_subnav

Any ideas what I need to do here?

That's about it, otherwise it's working great!

Also since I'm running Xpress on a staging server how would you recommend to employ it on a live server without too much downtime for my forum?

Hi all, I've just installed Xpress on a test installation and most of it works perfectly fine but I do have a few issues that I'm not able to iron out:

• featured images do not show up next to posts on the blog pages (apart from the "Featured" section)
  • when using SSO and registering a new user, Xenforo works but I do get a "502 Bad Gateway Error" when accessing the blog. I've tried to add the additional nginx directives to Plesk as detailed in the documentation but did not find an option to do so. Would this solve it and do I need to get in touch with my server admin?
  • I'm not able to promote threads to Wordpress posts despite the fact that I've adjusted all User Group Permissions and I'm using a Superadmin account. What am I doing wrong? What I do is add a tag "featured" to the thread in question - is there more to it?
I also do get an error that I use outdated templates - I'm running the latest versions of Xenforo (Child theme), UI.X and Xpress, no further plugins. When I try to merge, I do get the following error message: "No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible."
The outdated templates are:

thxpress.less
thxpress_article_wrapper_macros
thxpress_page_nav
thxpress_sidebar.less
thxpress_subnav

Any ideas what I need to do here?

That's about it, otherwise it's working great!

Also since I'm running Xpress on a staging server how would you recommend to employ it on a live server without too much downtime for my forum?
Hello mmirlach, too better assist you with some of these questions go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal as one of our experienced staff members will be able to help you further.

I'm not able to promote threads to Wordpress posts despite the fact that I've adjusted all User Group Permissions and I'm using a Superadmin account. What am I doing wrong? What I do is add a tag "featured" to the thread in question - is there more to it?
Are you positive that your forum account is also connected to a Wordpress account as well? Be sure you've followed all of the instructions as shown in the featured section of our documentation.

Also, the outdated templates are going to happen occasionally because you updated your theme before you updated all your major add-ons. Be sure to update all of your add-ons before you upgrade your theme, you can read how to do this by reading our FAQ's here. Look for the FAQ marked, "What to do about outdated templates?" for more.

Thanks for your reply. I'm positive the forum is connected as I can post from WP to Xenforo without any problems and comment with my Xenforo login on WP. I still have the other issues, especially with SSO. I've send a ticket as you had suggested.

Thanks for your reply. I'm positive the forum is connected as I can post from WP to Xenforo without any problems and comment with my Xenforo login on WP. I still have the other issues, especially with SSO. I've send a ticket as you had suggested.
Understood, not sure why you would be having issues with promoting the threads then as long as you can see the option in the three dot menu drop-down, you should be able to promote that thread.

Well... that was an easy solution then.
Based on the documentation I assumed that you also need to add a "Featured" tag within a Xenforo thread. I didn't even look into the three dot menu.
I've also managed to get SSO working by asking my server admin to add the nginx commands (which he did very reluctantly and complained about RAM usage...).

So all I need to figure out now is how featured images would show up on the blog (similar issue to the first post on this page)

Well... that was an easy solution then.
Based on the documentation I assumed that you also need to add a "Featured" tag within a Xenforo thread. I didn't even look into the three dot menu.
I've also managed to get SSO working by asking my server admin to add the nginx commands (which he did very reluctantly and complained about RAM usage...).

So all I need to figure out now is how featured images would show up on the blog (similar issue to the first post on this page)
Wow, good news all around! :) Yes, I believe that is something that is doable within Wordpress. As when you are first creating a blog post in the Wordpress dashboard, you are able to set a Featured Image. Try that out? I've also provided some documentation on that here as hopefully it helps.

Yes I am - actually all my posts do have featured images already. I've tried to add new posts with featured images as I assumed it's maybe not working for old content but that did not change anything.

My settings in Style Properties for XPress are:
  • Article List Layout style: List
  • Article thumbnail size (for list style only): Medium

I've attached a screenshot of one article in Wordpress (it's the most recent version 4.9.8).
The featured image also does show up in the header of the article as well as on Wordpress as a featured post, just not in the list.
As mentioned, I'm only using the Xpress addon and UI.X.

Attachments

• Featured Image.webp
    Featured Image.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom