XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Well crap. I updated the JETPACK plugin after installing the level 5 patch and it seems that JETPACK was the problem. Deactivated it, and all is fine. Well, except that I have the PAID version of JETPACK. Gonna have to contact their CS about this.

First Problem ~
after installing & setting,I was testing publish new post on wordpress, and i got the message below.​
Code:
An exception occurred: [LogicException] Cannot save with validation errors. Use validate() to ensure there are no errors. (First error: The minimum number of prefixes requirement for this forum (1) has not been met.) in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php on line 34[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/Service/WordPress/CreateThread.php at line 60[/INDENT]
[INDENT]ThemeHouse\XPress\Service\WordPress\CreateThread->save() in blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress.php at line 450[/INDENT]
[INDENT]XPress::{closure}() in blog/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php at line 288[/INDENT]
[INDENT]WP_Hook->apply_filters() in blog/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php at line 310[/INDENT]
[INDENT]WP_Hook->do_action() in blog/wp-includes/plugin.php at line 453[/INDENT]
[INDENT]do_action() in blog/wp-includes/post.php at line 3673[/INDENT]
[INDENT]wp_insert_post() in blog/wp-includes/post.php at line 3746[/INDENT]
[INDENT]wp_update_post() in blog/wp-admin/includes/post.php at line 377[/INDENT]
[INDENT]edit_post() in blog/wp-admin/post.php at line 194
how to fix this problem ?​
Second Problem~
Trying to delete(empty trash can) post in wordpress, i got error message below.​
Code:
An exception occurred: [Error] Call to a member function fastUpdate() on null in blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress.php on line 348[/INDENT]
[INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]XPress::{closure}() in blog/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php at line 286[/INDENT]
[INDENT]WP_Hook->apply_filters() in blog/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php at line 310[/INDENT]
[INDENT]WP_Hook->do_action() in blog/wp-includes/plugin.php at line 453[/INDENT]
[INDENT]do_action() in blog/wp-includes/post.php at line 2590[/INDENT]
[INDENT]wp_delete_post() in blog/wp-admin/edit.php at line 146
how to fix this problem ?​
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Can I still use my wordpress theme? I don't want to replace that. From what I can tell this pulls everything into the XF theme?

Can I still use my wordpress theme? I don't want to replace that. From what I can tell this pulls everything into the XF theme?
As @ozzy47 said indeed so, mainly like the integrated head/header/footer/wrapper wouldn't work, so notifications won't come across. But single sign on and other things. Usergroup mappings is planned to be released soon.

Looking at your theme, it will work well with your blog if you were to use the wordpress theme. I recommend giving it a try on a staging site and see if you like it, widgets and stuff should still work as you have them now.

Look like featured image doesn’t appear as thumbnail when combine with the latest UI.X 2 (the one that out with the material style)

Hello,

this is a fresh install (Wordpress and Xenforo), so, i want to know, what is the propper way to make this installation.

on www.site.com/ should i install wordpress, and then on www.site.com/forum install xenforo?

or in www.site.com/ intall xenforo and then in www.site.com/wp install wordpress?

I'm a little bit confused because i dont understand how this exactly works, once a user go to my site "www.site.com" i want he read first the news, and the if want, go to to the forum (but not as diferent sites)

But, i see Xenforo takes the news/blogs inside a "blog" nav, so this replace wordpress? in this case, i use wordpress only for create the blog content?

I want to create a exact copy of the https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/xpress/demo, asuming that demo is www.site.com/, front page blog/news and and nav for forum, and the finall links something like:

- www.site.com/ (All blogs/news with same theme than Xenforo)
- www.site.com/games/new-games-2018 (this is a blog from wordpress)
- www.site.com/forum/threads/new-games-2018.1/ (this is a theme from xenforo)

--

Apart from this, i purchase the $24 month subscription and not receive any discount for Xpress (Is advertised as 20%), any idea?

--

thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Hello,

this is a fresh install (Wordpress and Xenforo), so, i want to know, what is the propper way to make this installation.

on www.site.com/ should i install wordpress, and then on www.site.com/forum install xenforo?

or in www.site.com/ intall xenforo and then in www.site.com/wp install wordpress?

I'm a little bit confused because i dont understand how this exactly works, once a user go to my site "www.site.com" i want he read first the news, and the if want, go to to the forum (but not as diferent sites)

But, i see Xenforo takes the news/blogs inside a "blog" nav, so this replace wordpress? in this case, i use wordpress only for create the blog content?

I want to create a exact copy of the https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/xpress/demo, asuming that demo is www.site.com/, front page blog/news and and nav for forum, and the finall links something like:

- www.site.com/ (All blogs/news with same theme than Xenforo)
- www.site.com/games/new-games-2018 (this is a blog from wordpress)
- www.site.com/forum/threads/new-games-2018.1/ (this is a theme from xenforo)

--

Apart from this, i purchase the $24 month subscription and not receive any discount for Xpress (Is advertised as 20%), any idea?

--

thanks for your time.
It would be best that you place Wordpress at www.site.com/wp or so before placing the forum on a subdomain like www.site.com/forum. This is mentioned in our documentation here. Doing this would match the same way our demo is set up too. But if you have any issues with setting it up please do let us know.

Also, regarding your purchase go ahead and create a ticket so that we can help you with the discount issue, please.

What I did was put the forum as the root, with the WP installed in /blog (although you can obviously put the forum in /forum if you like). Then I redirected www.site.com to www.site.com/blog on my web host.

As it was one of the main requested features, Usergroup Mappings is coming in the next release:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello @ThemeHouse ,

Just a quick question: can i ask if this add-on compatible and displaying well with plugins that added on Wordpress as well?

Thank you!
Hi there,

Indeed so, we are testing with the top ten addons regularly. We are currently working on a rather large official support for woocommerce and will add some more for larger systems but so far most work well. If you have questions on specific ones I can maybe guess as to what issues if any will need to be manually tweaked.

Last edited:
Can someone give me a hand with setting up multi domains using nginx.

Currently have wordpress at www.example.com and xenforo at community.example.com

I'm getting CORS errers for web fonts and js when browsing a wordpress pages.

I tried adding the code from ( https://enable-cors.org/server_nginx.html ) to my nginx server block for xenforo and reloaded nginx but it's still not working.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone give me a hand with setting up multi domains using nginx.

Currently have wordpress at www.example.com and xenforo at community.example.com

I'm getting CORS errers for web fonts and js when browsing a wordpress pages.

I tried adding the code from ( https://enable-cors.org/server_nginx.html ) to my nginx server block for xenforo and reloaded nginx but it's still not working.

Am I doing something wrong?
Hello, we'd be glad to help you further on this. Please go ahead and create a ticket so that we can help further with this, please. You are able to create a ticket on our support portal here.

Top Bottom