XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Is there an official roadmap of features that have been confirmed will be implemented in future versions?

I'm waiting for an option to sync all user groups from xen to wp.

This way I can allow some xen groups to submit articles/podcasts without wp admin access.

Also how would I go about setting up prettylinks in WP using nginx with this add-on?

I'm trying to setup routes in xen but don't think it's possible without prettylinks enabled with wp.

I currently have WP installed to /podcasts but I also have WooCommerce and would like to route that to /store instead of /podcasts/store

Is there an official roadmap of features that have been confirmed will be implemented in future versions?

See here for the latest: https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues

I'm waiting for an option to sync all user groups from xen to wp.

Was suggested and is on the roadmap already.

This way I can allow some xen groups to submit articles/podcasts without wp admin access.

No. You have to promote these manually. Or give individuals WP access via WP promotion to Editor or other WP standard groups.

Also how would I go about setting up prettylinks in WP using nginx with this add-on?

Pretty links should work just fine as long as you add the appropriate nginx block for /blog or wherever your WP install is.

I'm not convinced! I'm not going to spend that kind of money on the chance it might work with other Wordpress plugins and XenForo Addons.

Mark

I'm running it with a few plugins without issues. There are issues with some but I suspect it's mostly styling related. TH seem to be addressing reported plugin issues so risk shouldn't be that great. Again, depends entirely on the plugins, some WP stuff is extremely pervasive and buggy and doesn't work with WPs own plugin library let alone XF.

Hello,

i installed this bridge and themes. Bridge is seems ok, but i have a problem with wordpress theme "Xpress", after activation WP is in error 500 (i have to rename this theme in wp directory to access to wp). What do I wrong?

WP is 4.9.8, XPRESS 1, patch 4

Thanks for your help

Hello,

i installed this bridge and themes. Bridge is seems ok, but i have a problem with wordpress theme "Xpress", after activation WP is in error 500 (i have to rename this theme in wp directory to access to wp). What do I wrong?

WP is 4.9.8, XPRESS 1, patch 4

Thanks for your help

Did you configure the XF addon FIRST then WP plugin then theme? There's a sequence that needs to be followed.

As soon as some time gets freed up (we have a new developer joining us Sept 1st to help specifically with XenForo for awhile) we'll be setting up a demo with the top 10 WP plugins at least, just to make sure we have a demo, as that does seem to be the main point. And to be clear, as @ichpen pointed out, there is not perfection in third-party plugins working. We aim to get that fine tuned for top plugins, but its impossible to control how third-party plugins build their systems, so we can never claim anything will work perfectly.

We've used this plugin on over a dozen clients websites and is working well. Sometimes it requires a lot of work for existing sites to get everything moved over perfectly, nothing will ever just install and be off and running. For new sites or sites that are replacing a simple blog or simple news front like XenPorta, this will work well out of the box.

All in all, once we are off the current project that has taken up a lot of our time, we'll be ready to go on finishing up the 1.0.1 milestone (which afaik contains quite literally everything people have posted feature-wise, at least that I am aware of)

XPress seems to be a fantastic solution - thank you very much for this masterpiece!

I already asked for different AWS instances / servers between WordPress and Xenforo. Unfortunately this seems to be impossible, although I would like to have Xenforo and WordPress separated on the server side for security reasons.

But can I run WordPress with XPress on one domain, e.g. xy-homepage.net and the Xenforo forum on another domain, e.g. xy-forum.de? Both guide to the same instance / server!

For example, the structure on the server could be

/var/www/ for WordPress
/var/www/forums/ for Xenforo

Is this possible with nginx / redirects?
If custom development was necessary, would this be a one-time thing and could I always update WordPress and Xenforo and XPress normally afterwards?

Background: I own two long-standing websites with different domains - both belong together but should continue to exist for SEO reasons.

XPress seems to be a fantastic solution - thank you very much for this masterpiece!

I already asked for different AWS instances / servers between WordPress and Xenforo. Unfortunately this seems to be impossible, although I would like to have Xenforo and WordPress separated on the server side for security reasons.

But can I run WordPress with XPress on one domain, e.g. xy-homepage.net and the Xenforo forum on another domain, e.g. xy-forum.de? Both guide to the same instance / server!

For example, the structure on the server could be

/var/www/ for WordPress
/var/www/forums/ for Xenforo

Is this possible with nginx / redirects?
If custom development was necessary, would this be a one-time thing and could I always update WordPress and Xenforo and XPress normally afterwards?

Background: I own two long-standing websites with different domains - both belong together but should continue to exist for SEO reasons.

I guess it won't be possible.
I had my setup as

forums.domain.tld as XF
domain.tld as WP

Didn't work and was told it will not work though both of them were under
/home/user/public_html

So, had to change to

/home/user/public_html -- for WP
/home/user/public_html/forums -- For XF

For a setup with xpress it's very needed imho that you'r have your wp in your root and xf in /forums. I got it working by disable the blog tab. Thanks for the effort.

Will it be possible to use XF routes that point to wp pages?

Currently I have the following setup...

/ = XF (XenPorta)
/podcasts = WP (PowerPress Articles)
/podcasts/shop = WP (WooCommerce)

I would like the WooCommerce to be located at /shop

I prefer XenPorta for my home page because it looks better.

Is this something that can be done with nginx redirects? Can I see an example? Or any other way to make this work?

I need to disable loading jquery on XF end but only on xpress WP pages.

WP already includes jquery and when xf loads it's jquery on top of it it messes up rev-slider and possibly other WP plugin.

How would I do that?

Hi, is there a way to hide the user's signature in blog comments?
The comments are based on normal thread view so if you are able to hide it in normal threads on XenForo they would be able to be hidden on blog comments. We don't exactly offer such functionality through XPress at this time though but I'll go ahead and submit it as a feature suggestion.

Top Bottom