XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo - Seamless XenForo and WordPress integration

title-xpress.png

hero-xpress.png

XPress
An integration to bring the best blogging/content management system to XenForo and the best forum software to WordPress...

Read more about this resource...

the blog page is pulling from wordpress .. how about if you wanted your members to be able to publish articles just like with do with xenforo... do they have to be in wordpress admin panel ?

the blog page is pulling from wordpress .. how about if you wanted your members to be able to publish articles just like with do with xenforo... do they have to be in wordpress admin panel ?
No, as it stands the permission is a moderator permission, similar to how in WordPress you have to "define" that user as an "author" or "editor" etc. So if you make someone a moderator of the category you want them to be able to post to, they can create a thread and then promote it. Ideally though you do just do this from WP as it will have more tools that XenForo simply doesn't have. If its a formal article, its best done at WP. If its quick and simple, XenForo can do.

I can not see and confirm at demo site. If there are more then 5 featured article, is there any slider of this section to see the rest of it at blog main page ?

There is a slider setting actually. Can maybe do a video or screen on this. Yeah it shows up on the index page template. So you choose a page (Call it Home or whatever) then set page template. Then mark a post with the 'featured' tag. Actually we can update documentation on this as not sure if we have anything.

Another question. I am using UIX.2. I guess after the installation of Xpress, there will be fully integrated thema including my custom header section. Is it correct ?

There is a theme packaged in that will make it so your WordPress uses your theme on XenForo, so yes you'd get your customer header section. Its all single code, so you don't need to update two systems, theme just "works" thats the magic of this product. Not an easy thing to do performantly.

If we can see some real users’ real web site that is integrated with Xpress, it will be very great.
Agreed, Id love to see demos as well!

Is it able to show both left and right sidebars? And we can use the XF2 widgets throughout?
There is a page template to move sidebar from left to right (or you can do it globally like you do in UI.X in style properties). Itll default to whatever XenForo setting is.

so it means you can edit users threads and turn them into articles right?
Yes, if you have the moderator permission to do so, thats correct. You can "perfect" them in WP. But promoting will sync the thread with the article as well, if you have that setting on.

There is a slider setting actually. Can maybe do a video or screen on this. Yeah it shows up on the index page template. So you choose a page (Call it Home or whatever) then set page template. Then mark a post with the 'featured' tag. Actually we can update documentation on this as not sure if we have anything.
That will be greated. If I don’t miss, there is nothing related with it at documentation.

thanks... but is it easy for modifications ... and compitable with other addons?
Indeed, another magical quality. Works with every one of our add-ons officially, and some WordPress add-ons as well. Hoping to hear back from third-party developers soon on compatibility with their products.
That will be greated. If I don’t miss, there is nothing related with it at documentation.
On it!

okey thanks.... so i will purchase it... but you missed the installation part ... do you have to create two database or you have to use the same db on both installations... or let say i have a forum and i get the theme and i want to add worldpress... ... little help on that

Just curious as I know your showcasing your Wordpress addon was wondering about how "Reactions" addon would play out? I would really like to be able to give people the ability to react to the thread/ story headline if they don't really want to read the entire story... Some peeps are that smart!

do you have to create two database or you have to use the same db on both installations...

You can install WordPress into the same database as XenForo, but I wouldn't recommend it.

or let say i have a forum and i get the theme and i want to add worldpress...

Could you elaborate on what you mean exactly?

Just curious as I know your showcasing your Wordpress addon was wondering about how "Reactions" addon would play out? I would really like to be able to give people the ability to react to the thread/ story headline if they don't really want to read the entire story... Some peeps are that smart!

Unfortunately this likely wouldn't be possible as Reactions is pretty specific to XenForo, not sure there'd be an easy way to get a XenForo product to work within WordPress

so they should have two different db right ?
is that what you recommend ?
Yep just ask your host or use cpanel/phpmyadmin/a database wizard to create a new db and user, there are tutorials for installing wordpress in various ways here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Well curious, I wonder if there is a way to add the bar IF a thread is associated. Because the reactions could just be stored on the first post @Jake B. but displayed on the article? This is mostly a view thing I wonder. So maybe it is possible.

Top Bottom