XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.0 Patch Level 5 Released

Enhancements:
  • Added an option to automatically limit articles on front pages to an excerpt of user-defined length or stick with the full article (until a <-more-> link is encountered).
  • Added an advanced "JavaScript Wrapper mode", to help with JavaScript/jQuery incompatibilities. Please check out the documentation for further reading.
  • Added an advanced "Cross-Origin mode", to help out with subdomain setups. Please check out the documentation for further reading.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this great upgrade. Seems to be lots of bugs are fixed.

While upgrading Xenforo addon, I see that two templates (thxpress_sidebar.less and thxpress_subnav) are outdated.

I pressed merge button and merged "thxpress_sidebar.less" templates without any problem.

Screenshot_2.webp

But I have a question for merging thxpress_subnav. Which option do I have to select during merge ? "Resolve using parent version" or "Resolve using custom version" ?

Screenshot_1.webp

a- If I select "Resolve using parent version", it deletes all necessary codes and create following error.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Line 7: Template tags are not well formed. Tag foreach was found when expecting macro.

b- If I select “Resolve using custom version”, then I will miss the necessary changes at line {$nav.title|raw}

c- I guess I have to select “resolve using custom version” and then edit the code {$nav.title|raw} manually. But I don’t understand why merge function does not work properly ?

Last edited:

While upgrading Xenforo addon, I see that two templates (thxpress_sidebar.less and thxpress_subnav) are outdated.

I pressed merge button and merged "thxpress_sidebar.less" templates without any problem.

View attachment 183837

But I have a question for merging thxpress_subnav. Which option do I have to select during merge ? "Resolve using parent version" or "Resolve using custom version" ?

View attachment 183839

a- If I select "Resolve using parent version", it deletes all necessary codes and create following error.

Line 7: Template tags are not well formed. Tag foreach was found when expecting macro.

b- If I select “Resolve using custom version”, then I will miss the necessary changes at line

I had that as well...

After I updated the notification for the update won't stop haunting me! Halloween is near...
Screen Shot 09-19-18 at 07.26 PM.webp

Using only SSO and third party WP theme
On Upgrading WP plugin, the entire layout broke with respect to css/menu etc. So reverted the WP plugin to Patch level 4.
XF side is Patch level 5 and can't down grade that.
Tried this twice, clearing cache etc and both the times it is same. The WP side CSS and even one slider js breaks.
So, is there any new setting to take care of to make sure that WP side the site layout doesn't break?

Setting js wrapper mode did not help.

Last edited:
Since this new update, I am now receiving this error. This error happens when I try to go to my profile page. Also clicking on other members profiles does not redirect.

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _wp_privacy_requests_screen_options

View attachment 183837

View attachment 183839

b- If I select “Resolve using custom version”, then I will miss the necessary changes at line {$nav.title|raw}

c- I guess I have to select “resolve using custom version” and then edit the code {$nav.title|raw} manually. But I don’t understand why merge function does not work properly ?
Any comment or idea @Lukas W. , @Jake B. ?

Does the message go away when you manually execute the cron task? (ACP > Tools > Cron entries > [TH] XPress: Check for updates)
WP plugin breaks CSS and JS on WP theme so had to revert to patch 4.
Entire CSS gets messed up. Clearing cache doesn't help.

Waiting documentation update.

Code:
Added an advanced "JavaScript Wrapper mode", to help with JavaScript/jQuery incompatibilities. Please check out the documentation for further reading.

Added an advanced "Cross-Origin mode", to help out with subdomain setups. Please check out the documentation for further reading.

Hey @Jake B. , Is there a way to use the theme to login/logout to WP using a wordpess theme. I want to use a classifieds script that uses WP but must use it's own theme. I am really needing to login sync and need to use another wp theme.

Thanks,Brian

Since this new update, I am now receiving this error. This error happens when I try to go to my profile page. Also clicking on other members profiles does not redirect.

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _wp_privacy_requests_screen_options

I'm getting that error when I try to view any user profile or and thread associated with a WordPress post on xenforo.

I'm getting that error when I try to view any user profile or and thread associated with a WordPress post on xenforo.
I fixed this by @Lukas W. suggestion. "incompatibility with one of your wordpress plugins " I found out it was one of my wordpress plugins. WP Bakery page builder. I double checked by disabling all of them until I located which plugin was causing this error. Since I disabled the wp plugin, my site is now working correctly. Try that and see if this helps you

I fixed this by @Lukas W. suggestion. "incompatibility with one of your wordpress plugins " I found out it was one of my wordpress plugins. WP Bakery page builder. I double checked by disabling all of them until I located which plugin was causing this error. Since I disabled the wp plugin, my site is now working correctly. Try that and see if this helps you

That was it, thanks!

Top Bottom