[OzzModz] XFRM Resources Layout

[OzzModz] XFRM Resources Layout [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Hello,
I am facing this display after setup :
How to fix this ? Thanks
I category page, the layout does not display.

Using theme : UIX2

2018-08-26 14_36_42-Window.webp

Hello,
I am facing this display after setup :
How to fix this ? Thanks
I category page, the layout does not display.

Using theme : UIX2

View attachment 182382
There is templated named dadparvar_xfrmresourceslayouts_resource_list_twosidedbusinesscard.less. Inside that, there is width: (@_thumbSize) / 1.6; set for .itemList-item. If you change that 1.6 to lower, the cards will be bigger. i.e set it to 1.3 now, and you'll have 3 resources per row.

Thank you.
I set it to 1.3

2018-08-26 18_27_02-Window.webp

I set it to 0.5
now it is ok, but i have 6 ressources inline
how to set space between blocks ? (right and below) ?

Last edited:
I checked your site, it looks nice now.
Indeed when you clcik a Category on the left, the Blocks do not appear on the page (blank bacground)
Despites, links looks ok when you move mouse over blank space (seems that all css items colors turned white)
Thanks

PS on live site i reversed to original display. But find a screenshot below :

2018-08-26 19_22_38-Window.webp

Indeed when you clcik a Category on the left, the Blocks do not appear on the page (blank bacground)
Despites, links looks ok when you move mouse over blank space (seems that all css items colors turned white)
Thanks

PS on live site i reversed to original display. But find a screenshot below :

View attachment 182395
are you using the most recent update? that was in an old version but fixed.

But find a screenshot below :
btw, if you update it to the most recent version, and still have the problem (which you shouldn't have), then activate the layout on category and I'll check and will tell you how to fix it in a few seconds.

Still facing the same issue :(
may be due to my theme : UIX2 ?
Another question : i find the display ver long to come (fade effect)? Where to reduce this ?
Thanks !

may be due to my theme : UIX2 ?
well, it was normal in their XF1 version to have problem with any add-on.

But TBh, I have no info about their quality in XF2.

Can you activate debug in your site and give me admin access to login and fix it quickly? (send it via pm. after I fixed disable the debug)

i find the display ver long to come (fade effect)? Where to reduce this ?
that's because your site takes a long time to load other things. like ads and ... when they all finish, then resources come with fade. (most likely is the ads taking 2 seconds)

Ok.
I will first work on the display. (colors etc)
Then i will contact you for the bug in category if needed.
Thanks for your help Dadparvar.

Hi there, could you please (!!!) change the way you add your classes and style to EACH single resource "card" ?
It just makes no sense, to load tons and tons of inline scripts when the style itself for each resource card is the same...

If you need the ID of a resource anywhere in your code, than change the way you add it from

Code:
itemList-item dadparvar-xfrmresourceslayout-content is-prefix30  js-inlineModContainer

to maybe...

Code:
itemList-item dadparvar-xfrmresourceslayout-content is-prefix30 dadparvar-xfrmresourceslayout-resource-id-01  js-inlineModContainer

and add single classes like "dadparvar-xfrmresourceslayout-resource-id-01", which is not needed for styling.

With this solution you can add the style in just one single template... and all of us could do some extra custom styling and the page loading time would be much faster.

AND: the way you implement your jquery file is not gdpr consent... because you load it from a third party website.
I love xenforo for the way that all needed sources are selfhosted. Why don´t you follow this line? And why do you load a second jquery file? There already is one.

the way you implement your jquery file is not gdpr consent... because you load it from a third party website.
I love xenforo for the way that all needed sources are selfhosted. Why don´t you follow this line?
the page loading time would be much faster.
well, if your site has good traffic, then loading script from cdn is a lot better (there are a lot of articles comparing self hosting scripts vs. cdn or external). but just a few reasons are: faster page load (a lot), less resource usage of server, faster load by caching the file by user's browser while visiting other sites that have the same, etc...

why do you load a second jquery file?
the reason to use that version is a function that is there. Its just one line, remove it and if it worked then my bad, let me know and I'll fix it in next update. (after removing test a few things like the turning of the card, and fade effect to load the cards at the beginning)

which is not needed for styling
have you tried your solution? worked?! (I tried a few more ways as well and didn't work. that was why I came up with that solution in that time)

But all these things don't mean that I'll stop improving the add-on. Thanks for the suggestions. (after finishing 2 works in progress, I may look at this add-on for a potential update)

well, if your site has good traffic, then loading script from cdn is a lot better (there are a lot of articles comparing self hosting scripts vs. cdn or external).
In Xenforo I can choose between loading scripts from thirdparties or selfhosted.... because of the GDPR (dataprivacy act in Europe) I don´t really have a choice. I must load them selfhosted...
the reason to use that version is a function that is there. Its just one line, remove it and if it worked then my bad, let me know and I'll fix it in next update. (after removing test a few things like the turning of the card, and fade effect to load the cards at the beginning)
Hmm... I have removed both of these functions because THEY were making troubles :D (And I don´t need and want them... )
So I guess removing this file will be fine for me.... but I will let you know.

have you tried your solution? worked?! (I tried a few more ways as well and didn't work. that was why I came up with that solution in that time)
If you give a certain class to the parent div, then you can call to anything within this div. There is no need to ad the ID of each single resource to every single div, span or whatever.

Oh... and one more suggestion:
The layout does not work on the slider (on top of resource overwiew and categories, like here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/) and page for featured resources (like here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/featured).
Is there an easy way to make this happen?

In Xenforo I can choose between loading scripts from thirdparties or selfhosted.... because of the GDPR (dataprivacy act in Europe) I don´t really have a choice. I must load them selfhosted...
this is a good suggestion. I will add this in the next update.
If you post it here it would be great: https://xen-pro.com/forums/ha-xfrm-resources-layout.30/

(And I don´t need and want them... )
yup. if you don't need those 2 functions, then its fine. but some of customers like those 2 and well, they have to keep that then :D

does not work on the slider
you mean for the slider of featured resources? that's normal. because this add-on is not for that slider. (even in XF1 I had 2 add-ons one for resources and one for featured resources and the featured resources was a slider as well)

page for featured resources (like here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/featured).
alright then. this one is something I missed. post it here and I'll add support of it in the next update again: https://xen-pro.com/forums/ha-xfrm-resources-layout.30/

Top Bottom