[OzzModz] Tours and Hints

[OzzModz] Tours and Hints [Paid] 2.1.7 Patch Level 2

No permission to buy ($50.00)
Seems as if the add on does not work correctly. I setup the permissions and copied the selector the way that you said to, and when i click to start the tour, it just refreshes the page.
Not sure if you still have this addon, but the post above, I tell you how to fix this.

Ah, ok. Just a quick synopsis for others who were having issues as well, seems my biggest issue was when you clicked tours, it would reload the page and not give the tour or even an error. The js files were 404'ing which is what prompts the page reload since the js "isn't there". What I had to do was change the files to [filename].min.js. Not sure how others got it working without having to do that, maybe their server automatically min's the js files, but mine doesn't. Once I changed that, the page no longer reloaded.

The other issue was where you paste the selector. Based on the video, I just copy and pasted the selector. Well...my stuff was too long for the character limit in the input field and it was being cut off when I went to save it. To fix it, I just kept the last few "classes" (or selectors? not sure on the terminology here) and saved it, and that worked for me. For example:

I had:
#top > div.xb-page-wrapper.xb-canvas.xb-canvas-menuActive > div.canvas-wrapper > div.canvas-right > div.xb-content-wrapper > div.p-body > div > div.p-body-main.p-body-main--withSidebar > div.p-body-content > div > div.block.game-list > div > div:nth-child(1)

Trimmed it to:
div.p-body-main.p-body-main--withSidebar > div.p-body-content > div > div.block.game-list > div > div:nth-child(1)

To make things easier on you (@Ozzy47) since I did post a lot prior to me figuring it out:
Bug
: Can't use hyperlinks in hints or tours (even though the description says you can use html - what it does is reloads the page like the js is missing; like my original problem)

Bug: the custom css templates don't seem to get pulled. I had to edit the non-custom (original) css templates to make the proper changes.

Feature request: Have a way for the tours and/or hints to start automatically (with maybe a time limit?). Or perhaps based on certain actions (clicking into a subforum, into a thread, clicking back to the forums, just registered/confirmed email address; just some random ideas).

With that being said, I'm actually looking into using the Modal popup addon to see if I can integrate the tours in with it to make it look a bit more professional, like what you would see when you install Malwarebytes.

Ok. I’ll look into this as soon as I can.

I'd like to offer another suggestion, sorry I keep coming back. Could we either get a drag and drop for sorting or have the sorting numbers on the tours page?
brave_DAuDburv2Z.png

Also, another bug. When you click on any of the tours that are added and you click the breadcrumb for tours and hints, it gives a 404. The url it sends you to is:
admin.php?tours
needs to be
admin.php?xptours

edit:
And is there a way to target a tour for a submenu item? I have a sidebar vertical nav and I'd like the tour to point out some of the submenu items and I can't seem to figure that out.

Last edited:
@OzzModz - I've gone back and ran the js files through a minify app. Would you be fine if I posted them here for people or would you want them sent to you to include in an update? Prior, I just renamed the files and that's what made the script work. This time, I have both sets, non-min and min js in the js folder.

The addon does not work for me, I have console errors (/js/xp/th/inithint.min.js?_v=7f05700e):

View attachment 254874
I posted the solution:
Ah, ok. Just a quick synopsis for others who were having issues as well, seems my biggest issue was when you clicked tours, it would reload the page and not give the tour or even an error. The js files were 404'ing which is what prompts the page reload since the js "isn't there". What I had to do was change the files to [filename].min.js. Not sure how others got it working without having to do that, maybe their server automatically min's the js files, but mine doesn't. Once I changed that, the page no longer reloaded.
What you could also do is run the files through this site and save them as the .min.js with the same file name.

The other issue was where you paste the selector. Based on the video, I just copy and pasted the selector. Well...my stuff was too long for the character limit in the input field and it was being cut off when I went to save it. To fix it, I just kept the last few "classes" (or selectors? not sure on the terminology here) and saved it, and that worked for me. For example:

I had:
#top > div.xb-page-wrapper.xb-canvas.xb-canvas-menuActive > div.canvas-wrapper > div.canvas-right > div.xb-content-wrapper > div.p-body > div > div.p-body-main.p-body-main--withSidebar > div.p-body-content > div > div.block.game-list > div > div:nth-child(1)

Trimmed it to:
div.p-body-main.p-body-main--withSidebar > div.p-body-content > div > div.block.game-list > div > div:nth-child(1)

To make things easier on you (@Ozzy47) since I did post a lot prior to me figuring it out:
Bug
: Can't use hyperlinks in hints or tours (even though the description says you can use html - what it does is reloads the page like the js is missing; like my original problem)

Bug: the custom css templates don't seem to get pulled. I had to edit the non-custom (original) css templates to make the proper changes.

Feature request: Have a way for the tours and/or hints to start automatically (with maybe a time limit?). Or perhaps based on certain actions (clicking into a subforum, into a thread, clicking back to the forums, just registered/confirmed email address; just some random ideas).

With that being said, I'm actually looking into using the Modal popup addon to see if I can integrate the tours in with it to make it look a bit more professional, like what you would see when you install Malwarebytes.
@Ozzy47 - I know it's been about 5 months so I posted this. Wanted to know if you had plans on fixing some of these bugs and possibly the feature request I made.

Sorry for the bother, any chance you will be looking at fixing the errors I found or adding additional features I've mentioned? Also, your 1 star review mentions mobile issues, any chance those will be looked at in the near future? Or give us the ability to select whether something is for mobile, desktop, or both as to not run into certain responsive issues?

I'd really like to buy this add-on, it has so much potential, but it needs quite a bit of work. I think @AzzidReign is in the same boat. I'm sure both of us would be more than willing to assist in working out the bugs (y)

I'd really like to buy this add-on, it has so much potential, but it needs quite a bit of work. I think @AzzidReign is in the same boat. I'm sure both of us would be more than willing to assist in working out the bugs (y)
I'd definitely re-up my subscription but as it sits, without updates (already did the min files myself) there is no reason to.

Top Bottom