XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
Talking about user syncing, I am building the feature based on WordPress being the master site which I think is the main use case. So when users register or change their login details later, it must be from WordPress and up to the site owner to disable these functions on the XenForo side. I believe it also possible to log users in from WP using the XF API and I will attempt to make that possible, but I consider that more of a nice to have. Does that all sound reasonable? Did I miss anything?
Other way round for me - definitely want to keep XF as the primary user DB. Although I don't actually need user sync at all since WP is literally only used as a CMS for displaying articles.

Other way round for me - definitely want to keep XF as the primary user DB. Although I don't actually need user sync at all since WP is literally only used as a CMS for displaying articles.
Good to know. Is there any value you would get out of having WordPress data accessible on your XF site? While I am not an XF developer I'd love to help fund one get made if it is valuable. I see a million and one uses for XF data in WP so that is where my focus and skillset is going, so any feedback you have there could be interesting.

I also don't need user sync, only my editors are using Wordpress. So if it will be integrated, it would be great if it's Xenforo first or optional.

+1 to this.

XenForo will always be our primary user DB.

99% of our database is XenForo. 1% is Wordpress - Editors and customers signed up due to WooCommerce.

With that in mind, I also don't need a user sync. If it's brought in, and WP is the primary user DB - it would be great to have a toggle to disable.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. User syncing is being developed gracefully into the plugin and won't be activated or load any resources unless used. I'd be curious, if after seeing the features, you come to think of a use for them to further help monetize your forums or add some kind of premium features across sites.

An obvious example would be a closed off section on your WP site with premium articles, and when people purchase a subscription their WP account will get auto registered and logged in to your forums as well to any usergroup you'd set those members to. This model isn't that original and many don't succeed in selling memberships to premium articles but I think having this WP-to-forum capability will make that kind of an offer at least a little more enticing...

It's also worth mentioning that the approach to user syncing in XFtoWP does not involve actually copying users from one database to another on a mass scale, but on an as needed basis. Not all forum members may need to be connected to your WP site and with XF's superior user management you probably don't want to do all that much user management from WP anyway. But connecting important actions from WP, especially when eCommerce is involved can be very valuable and that is where the focus will go.

Just like with Thread comments I won't bring anything too complicated or database heavy, just a solution that does exactly what it needs to and no less. I'm tracking feature requests and suggestions on the official XFtoWP forums and there's arguably even more exciting stuff still to come than user syncing if anyone is interested in throwing their suggestions in the more official venue:

Last edited:
Potential idea for you, enable the composition of pages in wordpress, which can then be embedded in XenForo pages. That way an admin could create a wordpress page using their favourite wordpress page builder or Gutenburg, then embed that in an XF page for a fully native XF permission controlled content experience.

Some XF users complain about having to code XF pages from scratch. This way they could use the rich WP page builder ecosystem.

Last edited:
Potential idea for you, enable the composition of pages in wordpress, which can then be embedded in XenForo pages. That way an admin could create a wordpress page using their favourite wordpress page builder or Gutenburg, then embed that in an XF page for a fully native XF permission controlled content experience.

Some XF users complain about having to code XF pages from scratch. This way they could use the rich WP page builder ecosystem.
Pretty cool idea. There will have to be a few development related items over on the XF side but it is crazy enough to work. :D The only thing unclear is getting matching stylesheets over to the XF side, and that's where a lot of CSS bloat could come in unfortunately.

Indeed, I thought about that too after I posted it. Although I think the kind of admin who just wants to create content in an easy page builder style way, isn't a developer, and doesn't have the funds to pay someone to write optimised pages from scratch, it would make adding admin generate content to xf pages a lot easier.

Or an admin who isn't worried about SEO. I'm doing a site for someone at the moment and previously they had all their membership content on wordpress generated pages which he put together himself. He's got a good eye, so he made them look great using a page builder, but he doesn't know anything about coding them up from scratch, so I've had to rewrite them all to look good in XF pages. I'm sure in the long run someone like that would be prefer to be able to jump in and out of a page builder to make edits rather than pay someone to alter the code.

Could be tricky to implement, but potentially add a lot of power to XF pages.

Indeed, I thought about that too after I posted it. Although I think the kind of admin who just wants to create content in an easy page builder style way, isn't a developer, and doesn't have the funds to pay someone to write optimised pages from scratch, it would make adding admin generate content to xf pages a lot easier.
That is definitely worth it, especially if the CSS can be isolated to the page only and we don't import the entire theme style.css.

Could be tricky to implement, but potentially add a lot of power to XF pages.
The real winning move is to integrate Gutenberg into XF itself, but talk about tricky... however this idea does have me intrigued and it will be something I will play around with one of these weekends when I have time.

From a quick exploration I already see how I'd start with the existing tools in XFtoWP. It would be easy to create a new Page node and link it to a page in WordPress, then access the post_content meta value to send it to XF's template field. The below request would create the node, and we'd still need to do a couple of other basic things to save the node data to the WP page.

PHP:
xf_request( 'POST', 'nodes', array(
    'body' => array(
        'node_type_id' => 'Page',
        'node' => array(
            'title' => 'My new page name',
            'node_name' => 'my-custom-permalink',
            'parent_node_id' => 0, // make parent node
        ),
        'type_data' => array(
            'template' => '<b>Custom HTML content</b>'
        )
    )
) );

...and we could write a similar request to ensure WP sends the updated template each time it is updated.

Very possible @RobinHood.

Last edited:
Good luck! 😄

shia labeouf s GIF

Feature Suggestion: A "start after X post" for article comments.

Our forum has a lot of huge threads so the ability for comments beneath a news article to start at a set point would be fantastic.

Thanks

I am building a multisite ecommerce website using WordPress and I want to have a forum where users discuss what they want to buy or offer. Does this plugin work as a bridge where WordPress registered users can participate on the forum without the need to register again?

I am building a multisite ecommerce website using WordPress and I want to have a forum where users discuss what they want to buy or offer. Does this plugin work as a bridge where WordPress registered users can participate on the forum without the need to register again?
I am putting the finishing touches on the beta functionality for user syncing which will register users from WP onto XenForo.

This plugin has not yet been tested on Multisite however so I will have to get back to you on that.

I am interested

i neeed a wordpress with followings
1. admin controls ads. I know a plugin called AdSanity
2. and two or more bloggers who will so post like news paper on sub pages
3. xenforo , happy to have it on another server with sub domain but have link from main domain
What will be charges ?

I am interested

i neeed a wordpress with followings
1. admin controls ads. I know a plugin called AdSanity
2. and two or more bloggers who will so post like news paper on sub pages
3. xenforo , happy to have it on another server with sub domain but have link from main domain
What will be charges ?
Thanks for your post but this is a thread for the XFtoWP plugin, not custom development work.

Feature Suggestion: Embed XenForo polls within Wordpress Posts.

Thanks
Great suggestion, this seems to be supported by the XenForo API. It will be easier to track (and vote) ideas as an official suggestion thread here:

Is there a way with short code or something to drop in a widget on a page or post outside of the normal widget areas?

Is there a way with short code or something to drop in a widget on a page or post outside of the normal widget areas?
There are currently no shortcodes in the plugin but that sounds useful to explore. Are you looking for a shortcode that replicates the widget settings exactly or something more specific?

@Mangini I just want to get this straight before purchase. I am looking to put a front end on my site that would have blog posts that we would like forum comments on... but also aggregate content that we most likely do not want comments on. I would not want tons of threads auto created for the aggregate content... but only a thread here and there for the actual blog posts from my site. Is this possible?

Top Bottom