XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
@kolakube Thank you for your great patience. I am more clear than ever about it now. If a user can comment directly under the article rather than redirect to the forum, then it would be even better.

I learned from the overview that you have many years of experience with xenforo and wordpress. I think you may be a great and reliable dev.
Now shut up and take my money! Can you help me install it now? And I can pay for it now. I heard from the 19 pages that I may suffer some problems with configuration API permissions.

Can you help me install it now? And I can pay for it now. I heard from the 19 pages that I may suffer some problems with configuration API permissions.
The plugin is built as a do-it-yourself install with a simple admin interface.

Any theme with a comments section and widget areas can benefit immensely from this plugin. Plus connecting to the API is actually pretty smooth has proven to be reliable over time.

You can also read tutorials and documentation here: https://xftowp.com/docs/

I learned from the overview that you have many years of experience with xenforo and wordpress.
I found XF at version 2.1 and was happy to apply my years of WP development to making this plugin... which i had always needed for my businesses. The ideas posted here help make it better.

Reactions: RDR
Hi, how does this plugin deal with duplicate H1 ? If I create a wp post "post ABC", my assumption is that it will create a thread name "post ABC" with H1 title. Would not that create a duplicate title?

Also, is there a way to bulk create xenforo threads for wp posts ?

Hi, how does this plugin deal with duplicate H1 ? If I create a wp post "post ABC", my assumption is that it will create a thread name "post ABC" with H1
You can set the canonical tag in the Xenforo thread that links back to the original article so you don't have to worry about duplicate rankings. There is a tutorial for this in our docs.

Also, is there a way to bulk create xenforo threads for wp posts ?
That is possible now with the bulk actions feature that just came into XFtoWP 1.5 and this is the next action I want to add to the plugin.

What about comments from that thread? How does SEO work with comments from XF?

Is there a plan to map WP categories to XF forums? That would eliminate some manual processes.

What about comments from that thread? How does SEO work with comments from XF?
In what ways? I don't think comments have much to do with anything SEO wise apart from potentially keeping people on page longer.

The comments from XF are rendered on to the page directly (no iFrames or JS hacks) using semantic markup, so they feel native to your WP site.

Is there a plan to map WP categories to XF forums? That would eliminate some manual processes.
If you are asking about posting a new thread to a specific forum based on the WP category, yes, that already exists from the post editor settings before you publish each article.

Would it be possible to get a widget added to XenForo that would pull product information from Woocommerce to display on XenForo? I can look at funding this as well if needed.

Would it be possible to get a widget added to XenForo that would pull product information from Woocommerce to display on XenForo? I can look at funding this as well if needed.
I highly recommend contacting @gigipmc for something like that. :) I'd be happy to brainstorm and possibly fund it with you.

kolakube updated XFtoWP - Integrate XenForo to WordPress with a new update entry:

Extended beta testing period and minor new features

1. Adds support for syncing email addresses when changed from the Memberium plugin by ActiveCampaign
  2. New: Remove the Original Post (OP) from connected threads with new option in WP admin > XFtoWP > Thread connect
  3. Improved code readability in template files
During this extended beta testing period for version 1.5 the plugin is still being actively maintained according to user feedback and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes, I was referring to posting to a new thread in a specific forum.

Another thing, I know it's a long shot, but I will ask anyway.

I am using translate press in WordPress for bi-lingual. Is it possible for the created thread in XF to be in the translated language?

Thanks for your reply,

Does the app recognize multiple WP User roles?
Can multiple user roles enable multiple XF secondary groups for XF user?
Apologies for overlooking your message here.

You can send WP user rules via custom user fields from the plugin, but there is no core functionality that interacts with WP use roles at this time. I am curious what you are trying to achieve, though.

I am using translate press in WordPress for bi-lingual. Is it possible for the created thread in XF to be in the translated language?
I haven't uses the plugin so I can't speak for how it works but any time a post is published XFtoWP detects the post type and publishes on its behalf.

You can send WP user rules via custom user fields from the plugin, but there is no core functionality that interacts with WP use roles at this time. I am curious what you are trying to achieve, though.
At the moment, I am part of a WP beta group for a new and unreleased e-commerce software. It's looking very promising. At the same time, I'm looking into the possibility of reducing my WP plugin stack, including the removal of a popular membership plugin, as they tend to be pricey and heavy-going.

The new e-commerce software will have the ability that when someone is signing up for a product (digital), it can change/edit/modify what WP User Roles the person has in their WP profile.
I can manually add many user roles and allocate a user role depending on a product purchase.

There are 5 WP user roles by default and a new user is by default assigned to be a "subscriber."
But that can be changed and it's possible for a WP user to have multiple roles, not just one.
As an example, let's say that I have 2 separate products, Product A and B. Product A is a one-off purchase (lifetime) and Product B is a subscription product that has monthly payments. I also add manually to the available list of user roles, "User Role A" and "User Role B."

I set Product A in a way that when Person X buys Product A, the software will give Person X's WP profile an extra User Role, called User Role A leaving their default user role as a "subscriber" unchanged. This person would have this User Role for life as it's a one-off (lifetime) purchase.

I set Product B in a way that when Person Y buys Product B, the software will give Person X's WP profile an extra User Role, called User Role B leaving their default user role as a "subscriber" unchanged. Person Y would have this User Role for as long as the person is currently subscribed to this product. Once a person stops this subscription, Person Y's WP Profile would no longer have User Role B enabled, reflecting that this person is no longer part of that subscription.

In short:
Person X purchase Product A, Person X's WP profile has "Subscriber" and "User Role A" enabled.
Person Y purchase Product B, Person Y's WP Profile has "Subscriber" and User Role B" enabled.
Person X then also buys Product B, Person X's WP Profile has "Subscriber", "User Role A" and "User Role B" enabled (having already purchase Product A).
Person Y then cancels the subscription to Product B, Person Y's WP Profile has "Subscriber" user role only, having "User Role B" revoked from the account.

What I'm wondering is what can happen if I set XF groups to the WP user roles that a person has.
In short:
XF Forum A is for those who have WP User Role A enabled.
XF Forum B is for those who have WP User Role B enabled.

So,
If Person X has WP User Role A, grant permission to this user to access XF Forum A.
If Person X has WP User Role B, grant permission to this user to access XF Forum B.
If Person X has WP User Role A AND WP User Role B, grant permission to this user to access XF Forum A and XF Forum B.

Hopefully the above goes some way to assist you in what I'm trying to achieve. Which leads to the question, Could XFtoWP automatically recognize multiple WP user roles and do its marvelous magic with XF as explained above?
(especially when user roles are part of every WordPress website and not reliant on a plugin).

If you got this far reading, hopefully it wasn't too boring!

Could you make like a lite version or a few smaller addons? I only need threads to show on WordPress, everything else in this addon is overkill for me.
Try this addon. Keep an eye out for some other new WP addon releases soon.

how to import xf users to wordpress site?
syncing progress is always on 0
Did you read the instructions on the admin page? In WP admin > XF > Bulk actions > Import XF users to WP.

Also check your browser's inspector tools (Right click > Inspect) for any red "X" error messages. It is possible something is blocking the connection.

Top Bottom