[OzzModz] XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload [Deleted]

Is this a bug or intended feature?
With Preload core Xenforo JS enabled, "/js/xf/preamble.min.js"> shows twice on page source (<head> and bottom), thanks.
There should be a <link> tag for "/js/xf/preamble.min.js" in the head, yes. If you're seeing it in the form of a <script> tag, please let me know as that would be a bug. Though I have never seen that occur before.

Reactions: rdn
Purchased to show support. You seem to have put a bit of work into this and seem to care about extending it further and providing good support and answering questions. Best wishes.

I make use of almost all Caching and optimization that Cloudflare has to offer: Image resizing, Image Polish, Auto-minify, Brotli compression, Early Hints, Enhanced HTTP/2 Prioritation, TCP Turbo, Mirage improved image load time, Railgun, Automatic Signed Exchanges, CF Caching, Crawler Hints.

Are there things that may conflict with this addon? Obviously Auto-minify will conflict with minify in this addon.

It would be a nice idea to have CF integration with this addon. For example to purge CF cache on upgrade of XF and addons. Or a purge cache function. WP-Rocket has those functions. Are there other things you could add to leverage CloudFlare functionality?

Last edited:
So I thought I'd give this add-on a go and unfortunately in my case, since my theme is custom, it didn't work that well. But the support from the developer has been amazing. He answered any questions in detail and continued to offer support till the end. This is the kind of attitude and professionalism I expect from great developers. Thank you.

UI.X is a bit tough and I've been working with a few users to improve their usage. The sheer amount of JS is the main culprit. However, I've also heard Bolt works amazingly well with the addon :)

I've actually begun work on a snazzy fast but Material-inspired style to compliment this addon, since ThemeHouse is no longer in the space.
1-) I have just ordered this great addon and started to test. Many thanks for creating it 👏

I am using UI.X2 theme. You are right, most of Themehouse's themes are free now. But they are still supported and updated by ThemeHouse. So I am sure like me, many users will continue use these themes until Themehouse stop its support.

I hope you can make this great addon work better with UI.X themes. 😉

2-) At "Preload FAQ section it is mentioned

Q: But... what about more complex things, like background images from inline styles?
A: Yup! XFOptimize will find those too, such as from style="background-image: url('image1.jpg');"

I am also using "[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icon" addon. Here is some details how this addon create use background images.

According to these details, I have added the following templates and here is my Preload setting.

Screenshot_1.jpg

But I am not sure if my settings are correct. Because according to page speed test results, there is not any big changes. ??

Any advice for Preload settings and how can I measure if it gets better ?

3-) When I check and try to find "XFOptimize style property group" setting at style pages, I could not find it. Did I miss or it does not existed ? Could you please check it ?

Screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a lot of advertising scripts
Does this plugin help it?
Have a look ay my site please

What do you guys do with Adsense code using this addon?
  • Disable "Move all <script> tags to footer"?
  • Add data-preload="true" to <script async src="..pagead2.." crossorigin="anonymous"></script>?

But I am not sure if my settings are correct. Because according to page speed te
Those background styles should be automatically picked up. I will verify this and let you know.
I have a lot of advertising scripts
Does this plugin help it?
Have a look ay my site please
I'll PM you after I look 🙂
What do you guys do with Adsense code using this addon?
Can be a bit hit or miss from what I've gotten from feedback, but moving to footer can cause the issue. This is being patched right now.

The price for this addon is supercheap considering the amount of support that people need. Thanks for providing this! I bought more licenses than I need.

Could you please advise about the advised settings for users using the various CloudFlare optimizations? Or possibly expand the settings information with this where needed?

@eva2000 have you tried this addon yet? What are your thoughts? I'm using Centminmod on several of my sites.
@Michael A. Do you see any issues with using this addon on LiteSpeed Web Server with LSMCD?

Last edited:
The price for this addon is supercheap considering the amount of support that people need. Thanks for providing this! I bought more licenses than I need.

Could you please advise about the advised settings for users using the various CloudFlare optimizations? Or possibly expand the settings information with this where needed?

@eva2000 have you tried this addon yet? What are your thoughts? I'm using Centminmod on several of my sites.
@Michael A. Do you see any issues with using this addon on LiteSpeed Web Server with LSMCD?
This info is coming though I just don't want to officially give recommendations here yet until I make sure the answers are correct. In the meantime I will mention that this addon has been running on a major website with Cloudflare Business with no special settings made, and runs perfectly.

The price for this addon is supercheap considering the amount of support that people need.
It will be going up a bit over time 😯

Ok this addon now automatically fixes some ThemeHouse Jquery and makes it perfectly compatible with max minifier settings. I'll try to see if ThemeHouse will implement my changes on their end.

Patch should be available asap with this and some other suggestions.

Just a fyi.

Combine inline <script> tags results in broken post timestamps when logged out on my forum at least. It does come with high risk label so there's that. Posting here in case others end up noticing this issue on their installs. Or it could be just related to one of my addons. I do wonder why this setting only affects guests and not logged in members considering the XF code for date/time should be same for both!

Just a fyi.

Combine inline <script> tags results in broken post timestamps when logged out on my forum at least. It does come with high risk label so there's that. Posting here in case others end up noticing this issue on their installs. Or it could be just related to one of my addons. I do wonder why this setting only affects guests and not logged in members considering the XF code for date/time should be same for both!
That is really interesting, thanks for reporting. I'll try to replicate this on a clean installation to rule out other addons.

Just a fyi.

Found a situation where this can occur! Last item to test/patch, sorry everyone for the wait, should be this afternoon to get all the new fixes.

Nulumia updated XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload with a new update entry:

ThemeHouse UI.X Fixes, Rellect Favicons, Jquery bugs

• Fixed numerous Jquery issues in UI.X theme
  • The reference link for HTMLMinifier in the Admin settings page now correctly points to the right page
  • Fixed a bug where using the [rellect] Favicons for Links addon would show a default favicon when using the Minify script tags option
  • Addressed a bug which could cause the Last Post timestamp to become broken when viewing threads
  • Fixed numerous "Unknown identifier" and "Unexpected var" errors in the browser console when using...

Read the rest of this update entry...

As a followup to the new patch, many Jquery bugs with UI.X have now been fixed. You can now enable all those fancy shmancy features in UI.X and should work like a breeze with max minifications options (even minify/combine/move script tags enabled).

There may be other residual issues with UI.X or addons, but these will get patched.

As an explanation, any theme or addon that uses Javascript "shorthand" (where the author doesn't fully enclose their statements or doesn't terminate lines with semi-colons) may throw off the minifier. This is because Jquery knows how to parse shorthand by using end-of-lines to separate statements. When the minifier removes those line breaks with Minify script tags, it can no longer distinguish the shorthand.

The solutions are 1) authors implement more traditional syntax 2) Choose between the Remove all whitespace and newlines and Minify script tags, but not both if you encounter issues, or 3) The addon will patch these occurrances as they're reported.

Feel free to post here (or PM) a list of your theme/addons if you encounter issues. I'd like to establish a list of them which are confirmed to work 100% with XFOptimize. A few hundred of the most popular ones from here would be great :-)

Thanks! [rellect] Favicons for Links is fixed for me. But the timestamp issue for guests breaks with Combine inline <script> tags. Though it also seems to break embeds and a few other things for guests (rellect stops working somehow, ads also stop loading.). I am pretty happy with this update though. Combine inline <script> tags seems like a lot of pain. Still amused that the behavior is so different between guests and logged in members. Thanks again!

Thanks! [rellect] Favicons for Links is fixed for me. But the timestamp issue for guests breaks with Combine inline <script> tags. Though it also seems to break embeds and a few other things for guests (rellect stops working somehow, ads also stop loading.). I am pretty happy with this update though. Combine inline <script> tags seems like a lot of pain. Still amused that the behavior is so different between guests and logged in members. Thanks again!
Not stopping with this update, I will keep testing with different addon configurations until the issues are locked down. All it takes is one addon injecting some messy JS before the core XF stuff to hit that part.

In the meantime yea disabling combine tags is the workaround.

Top Bottom