[OzzModz] XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload [Deleted]

Nulumia updated XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload with a new update entry:

Server error fixes, Limit preconnect domains

Changelog
  • Fixed a bug which could cause server error logs related to "Cannot access property message on non-object" in certain situations
  • Fixed a bug which could cause miscellaneous "Cannot read property of null" errors
  • Fixed a bug which could cause server error logs for threads in some older versions of Xenforo
  • Added much more exit points where asset processor scripts will silently abort if there is no content to process (avoids server error logs)
  • Added a new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just as a heads up, this patch did not include everything I wanted to have in, but it does include the important errors which have been reported by numerous users. So I felt those should get addressed without delaying additional days for other fixes.

I will try to rollout a bit more frequent but smaller patches occassionally to speed things when possible. As that might be annoying at times, you can always review the changelog to see if a certain patch is required for you :-)

Just as a heads up, this patch did not include everything I wanted to have in, but it does include the important errors which have been reported by numerous users. So I felt those should get addressed without delaying additional days for other fixes.

I will try to rollout a bit more frequent but smaller patches occassionally to speed things when possible. As that might be annoying at times, you can always review the changelog to see if a certain patch is required for you :)
Appreciated very much.

Just purchased it... after 10 min. playing, here we go:
Before the plugin
1640075123019.png

And now - BIG SURPRISE - AFTER install

1640075142242.png

I would love to get the Large contentful Paint down more - any hint OP ?

If I rerun the test again, it makes things bad again, are there any issues with the tool or what is the problem if you re-test a few times right after each other?

Last edited:
Just purchased it... after 10 min. playing, here we go:
Before the plugin
View attachment 262244

And now - BIG SURPRISE - AFTER install

View attachment 262245

I would love to get the Large contentful Paint down more - any hint OP ?

If I rerun the test again, it makes things bad again, are there any issues with the tool or what is the problem if you re-test a few times right after each other?
That's terrific, thanks for sharing! So getting fluctuations with GTMetrix isn't uncommon at all, I often get some swings after immediately retesting pages.

If you'd really like to check, choose three pages from your site.. ie home, forum list, and thread view. Rescan each one three times and get an average score. It also helps to be logged in to GTMetrix so you can keep a historical log.

Some features of the addon will affect certain pages more than others - for example the preconnect can heavily reduce blocking on pages with lots of external references. Also, whether your using recommended settings, such as Automatic preconnect, Priority preload, etc.

Also, test using Lighthouse in your browser as well, or Page Speed Insights.

Don't forget to check out my GA-Lite addon if you're using Analytics, and Read More Buttons if you experience high LCP/CLS on mobile for things like threads or resources 😀

Please tell me if these problems have been resolved, adding preloads to the end of the link?

Error in version 1.0.1 Beta 7
Code:
An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "host" in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/AssetHandler.php on line 331

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/AssetHandler.php at line 331
Nulumia\XFOptimize\AssetHandler::getAssetUrls() in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/AssetHandler.php at line 131
Nulumia\XFOptimize\AssetHandler::processAssets() in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/Listener.php at line 60
Nulumia\XFOptimize\Listener::appComplete() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 69
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2853
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2117
XF\App->complete() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 455
XF\Pub\App->complete() in src/XF/App.php at line 2354
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

What urls do you put in there
View attachment 262252

I have no clue about it, any help ?
If you have automatic detection, then you do not need to register anything else. Since it is still not recommended to use more than 2 links, otherwise pagespeed will issue a warning

Found more than two <link rel = preconnect> links. They should be used in moderation and only for the most significant sources.

Error in version 1.0.1 Beta 7
Code:
An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "host" in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/AssetHandler.php on line 331

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/AssetHandler.php at line 331
Nulumia\XFOptimize\AssetHandler::getAssetUrls() in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/AssetHandler.php at line 131
Nulumia\XFOptimize\AssetHandler::processAssets() in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/Listener.php at line 60
Nulumia\XFOptimize\Listener::appComplete() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 69
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2853
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2117
XF\App->complete() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 455
XF\Pub\App->complete() in src/XF/App.php at line 2354
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
Thanks for reporting that, that specific line stems from an iframe detection. Are you getting it on many pages or just in one instance? Please feel free to PM me the link to the thread or page in question and I could take a look.

If you have automatic detection, then you do not need to register anything else. Since it is still not recommended to use more than 2 links, otherwise pagespeed will issue a warning
That's right, automatic is the way to go unless you're running a highly honed & customized site and you know exactly what few assets you want to preconnect. The new option allows you to limit if report warnings are a concern. Upping the limit however could be useful for sites where blocking is an issue due to so many external locations. I've seen it go from a few hundred milliseconds down to practically 0 but this is not for everyone.

Thanks for reporting that, that specific line stems from an iframe detection. Are you getting it on many pages or just in one instance? Please feel free to PM me the link to the thread or page in question and I could take a look.
I still had a node with the name /pages/arcade that I no longer used. After I have delete this page, the error has not happened anymore. If I see something like that again, I will send you a PM.
Thank you.

I should preface this by saying I use Cloudflare and have many of their enhancements already turned on.

Google PageSpeed before was typically 55-60 mobile and 95-98 desktop. After was a disappointing and consistent 40-47 mobile and 97-98 desktop (basically unchanged). Edit: Mobile has climbed back into the 50s after a few more tests.

GTmetrix before and after:

1640928421669.png
1640928702589.png

I basically have all options checked minus combine inline tags. I will say, despite the scores being the same, desktop does feel substantially snappier...but mobile does feel a tad slower. Not sure whats happening. Maybe I should be disabling things in Cloudflare? Open to comments.

Last edited:
Get this error during testing. used the recommended settings and then tested a bunch of combos of settings to see if it would get about a D rating on gtmetrix, no luck.

Here's the error:

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type bool src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/Listener.php:86

Generated by: Unknown account Dec 31, 2021 at 2:27 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/Listener.php(86): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/httpd/htm...', 86, Array)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(69): Nulumia\XFOptimize\Listener::appComplete(Object(XF\Pub\App), Object(XF\Http\Response))
#2 src/XF/App.php(2853): XF\Extension->fire('app_complete', Array, NULL)
#3 src/XF/App.php(2117): XF\App->fire('app_complete', Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(455): XF\App->complete(Object(XF\Http\Response))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2354): XF\Pub\App->complete(Object(XF\Http\Response))
#6 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(21) "/index.php?sw/offline"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["sw/offline"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

M
I should preface this by saying I use Cloudflare and have many of their enhancements already turned on.

Google PageSpeed before was typically 55-60 mobile and 95-98 desktop. After was a disappointing and consistent 40-47 mobile and 97-98 desktop (basically unchanged). Edit: Mobile has climbed back into the 50s after a few more tests.

GTmetrix before and after:

View attachment 262694
View attachment 262696

I basically have all options checked minus combine inline tags. I will say, despite the scores being the same, desktop does feel substantially snappier...but mobile does feel a tad slower. Not sure whats happening. Maybe I should be disabling things in Cloudflare? Open to comments.
Made a tweak or two on CF. The TBT fluctuates a lot, but happy with things.

1641073114447.png

PageSpeed continues to frustrate. 55 mobile and 98 desktop. Ill figure it out eventually.

Been tweaking the settings for a bit and managed to get the scores better, I may have to do some tweaking in CF.

Latest Performance Report.webp

which tweaks you make on CF?
Created a new page rule based on a post I found on the site.

Whether the score increase is because of that, I can't say 100% but the score increased after that change was turned on.

Created a new page rule based on a post I found on the site.

Whether the score increase is because of that, I can't say 100% but the score increased after that change was turned on.
I'm going to try it, thank you for the info 👍🏻

Top Bottom