[OzzModz] XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload [Deleted]

Is the Support Tickets on your site being monitored or ignored?
My support tickets created on November 25 (19 days ago) and 27 isn't viewed or answered.
This shouldn't have happened, there were two tickets that didn't get replied.

As I replied to yours, there's currently two Server Errors which are being reported:
  • Cannot read property message on null
  • Cannot read property due to bdattachment store
Both of these share the same root cause and are being fixed for the next patch. It seems that most occur on older versions of Xenforo so at the very least, if the fixes can't work on very old XFs, the scripts will fail gracefully and not impact the frontend.

I'm using the latest XF 2.2.8.
PHP 8.1.0 also.
Thanks for that info. The most useful bit right now for me, is if things like these appear in error logs, is it only for a single thread or repeated many times and for different content.

@Nulumia Also this addon not compatible with @Siropu Ads Manager 2 addon.
Thanks for reporting. Can you explain or provide any details, server logs, etc. Feel free to PM if it contains any sensitive information.

I haven't seen any reports on this yet and it has been running on a large client site with Siropu Ad Manager for a long time, so I'm very curious to discover any issues.

First before I go into a few things, I look forward to seeing this addon develop and I'd love to hear success people have had with UI.X themes. I'm happy to help support further development and wish the developer the best of luck!

However, I've read almost ten pages of UI.X bashing by this developer. And just to weigh in: yes the point of UI.X is to add features. It's a feature adding framework. If you want a lightening fast theme, disable those features in UI.X or use a theme that doesn't use those features. Removing these features in UI.X by toggling them off will get you back to the default style + material styling css. :P

I could argue, or bash, the nulumina themes or other theme designers (as theme designers in general seem to be a bit more dramatic than most) for their questionable tactics also. But things change over time. In fact, the AC.UI theme we are waiting to rebuild for the next major release for XenForo won't utilize features like JS based node grids, dozens of different one-click ways to move your header, breadcrumb, canvas styles, hundreds of style properties, etc. Anything that made life easier for admins that liked tinkering, if it's even remotely superfluous it's getting the axe!

These days, speed is far more important than giving admins the ability to customize every little thing and add all kinds of modern features the default theme didn't offer. For it to be knocked for that is simply a lack of understanding of what the goal was when it was built. It accomplished what it set out to do with flying colors.

That said I don't disagree that there is a time to focus on what is needed for the modern web in the present day. My opinion has changed strongly since I built UI.X almost ten years ago. I do plan to release UI.X 3 in the near future and will be focusing on performance and intuitive modern UX primarily. Add-ons like this one we will fully support!

Best of luck on this, thank you for supporting UI.X, and I'll be giving it a try myself!

First before I go into a few things, I look forward to seeing this addon develop and I'd love to hear success people have had with UI.X themes. I'm happy to help support further development and wish the developer the best of luck!

However, I've read almost ten pages of UI.X bashing by this developer. And just to weigh in: yes the point of UI.X is to add features. It's a feature adding framework. If you want a lightening fast theme, disable those features in UI.X or use a theme that doesn't use those features. Removing these features in UI.X by toggling them off will get you back to the default style + material styling css. :p

I could argue, or bash, the nulumina themes or other theme designers (as theme designers in general seem to be a bit more dramatic than most) for their questionable tactics also. But things change over time. In fact, the AC.UI theme we are waiting to rebuild for the next major release for XenForo won't utilize features like JS based node grids, dozens of different one-click ways to move your header, breadcrumb, canvas styles, hundreds of style properties, etc. Anything that made life easier for admins that liked tinkering, if it's even remotely superfluous it's getting the axe!

These days, speed is far more important than giving admins the ability to customize every little thing and add all kinds of modern features the default theme didn't offer. For it to be knocked for that is simply a lack of understanding of what the goal was when it was built. It accomplished what it set out to do with flying colors.

That said I don't disagree that there is a time to focus on what is needed for the modern web in the present day. My opinion has changed strongly since I built UI.X almost ten years ago. I do plan to release UI.X 3 in the near future and will be focusing on performance and intuitive modern UX primarily. Add-ons like this one we will fully support!

Best of luck on this, thank you for supporting UI.X, and I'll be giving it a try myself!
Hey Mike,
Thanks for sharing your candid opinion, and I apologize it made you feel that way. I know what it's like hearing criticism over work you're proud of, and of course it's never my intent to diminish the quality or work sank I to UI.X, being arguably the most popular style on Xenforo.

My comments here in this thread, and perhaps this is a good time to clear the air on this, are not in any way shape or form:
  • A means to bash UI.X for being a bad product. The engineering behind UI.X is clearly years worth of complicated development and is probably the pinnacle of all-in-one theme solutions
  • A method of bias towards UI.X (or ThemeHouse) being that I also design styles
  • A way of saying that thought was not put into the methodology behind UI.X's features
  • Any and all possible means of "designer contest" quibble
My comments regarding UI.X have been solely contained to this thread, in response to the large amount of public and private inquiries regarding speed issues using UI.X, regardless of whether my addon is involved or not.

I do personally believe and can easily imagine, that feature load over time has come to a point where there would be a need to revisit some things for a modern fast web (in reference to what you explained @Mike Creuzer).

I will be the first to admit that many of my complex styles suffer the same issue and are in need of reworking for speed and efficiency, given that they were built on a much earlier web and platforms all the way back to vBulletin 3. So some of my own work is far more guilty than UI.X at its more feature heavy state (and thus these themes are being addressed).

So in no way to I intend to diminish UI.X. Being the developer of this addon though, and having received some rather harsh and at times demanding attitude regarding the results of my addon, there is a point where I have to be candid to those expecting top efficiency for their sites. I cannot lie or ignore the fact that some themes other than UI.X perform much better (at times extremely high upticks) after switching. And I cannot ignore that many users report to me that they still struggle to gain speed while using the theme, even with some heavy features disabled. As ignoring these things (which are sometimes many) also brings me under fire for why my addon is not producing results.

This had unfortunately led me into a sort of educational position where I've had to explain (sometimes here in this thread) and many times privately, what exactly under the hood is causing the issues and how to address these.

I've several times come under very sharp attack and that my addon is useless or a scam. And so I had not honestly predicted having to go into this "educational" mode, which has left me in a very awkward state of having to point out issues in the work of numerous authors.

Regardless, I will absolutely keep this feedback in mind when addressing UI.X and references to it during this addon's progress, and especially considering I also make styles which I'm proud of. I apologize again if anything had come across as a slight. I'd like to state again as I did earlier, that I do consider UI.X to be the highest form of XF style development, and have even personally recommended it to countless clients when the use case fit their goals and needs. So there's definitely no I'll intent on my part towards the phenomenal effort that had gone into the product, or to its author (@Mike Creuzer) who is one of our valuable members at this community.

Regards
-Robert

Thanks for reporting. Can you explain or provide any details, server logs, etc. Feel free to PM if it contains any sensitive information.

I haven't seen any reports on this yet and it has been running on a large client site with Siropu Ad Manager for a long time, so I'm very curious to discover any issues.

No server logs. Only banner type image ads are not showing. Also issue with @AddonFlare Advanced Forum Stats addon that AJAX Auto-refresh are not working.

I will share my experience of using the utility and the errors I found.
When you enable "code optimization" using TinyMinify (the "Remove HTML comments" checkbox is disabled), the forum crashes with an error. If you activate the checkbox, then the error does not occur.

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/Listener.php on line 86

1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Nulumia/XFOptimize/Listener.php at line 86
  2. Nulumia\XFOptimize\Listener::appComplete() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 69
  3. XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2853
  4. XF\App->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2117
  5. XF\App->complete() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 455
  6. XF\Pub\App->complete() in src/XF/App.php at line 2354
  7. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517
  8. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

2. I observe strange behavior in Yandex webmaster. After installing the plugin, "strange" pages appeared in a workaround with a 404 error. The page consists of a link to add a domain from the preload created by the plugin

I can confirm that I have seen the preloaded domains appended at end of forum urls at my end as well. i can only imagine that some crawlers do not handle preload meta tags properly.

1639746419642.webp

Hey everyone, the new patch is nearly ready and should be out within 48 hours. Included is the fix for the issue many were having regarding Server errors "Cannot read property message on null" when viewing certain threads or other content.

There are several much less frequent errors on older versions of Xenforo that could stem from this same issue, so those errors will be fixed as well.

Other fixes for reports users have brought up in this thread, so please stay tuned for the full changelog.

I will share my experience of using the utility and the errors I found.
When you enable "code optimization" using TinyMinify (the "Remove HTML comments" checkbox is disabled), the forum crashes with an error. If you activate the checkbox, then the error does not occur.

2. I observe strange behavior in Yandex webmaster. After installing the plugin, "strange" pages appeared in a workaround with a 404 error. The page consists of a link to add a domain from the preload created by the plugin
Located this, fix coming in patch after incoming patch. Thanks for reporting.

Top Bottom