1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[XFA] Thread Footer Blocks [Paid] 1.0.1

A new powerful widget-like customization level brought to your forum threads.

1. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Thread Footer Blocks - A new powerful widget-like customization level brought to your forum threads.

Read more about this resource...
    orange7 likes this.
  2. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

You might not know but BD Widget Framework does all that, and far far far more and is actually free.
  3. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Of course I know what [bd] Widget Framework does, already developped some widgets for it for my add-ons :)

However, I am not sure you got a close look to the features and the screenshots.

[BD] Widget Framework is aimed for sidebar blocks and only customizable by the admin itself.

This add-on is aimed for footer blocks, below the thread and is either customizable at a forum(s) level by the admin through the admincp or by the thread's author through the thread tools.

So it's two totally different things :)
  4. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Not true. People use it to place things ANYWHERE.

BD Widget Framework certainly covers below the thread, and can be customised at forum(c) levels through the ACP. It can place ANYTHING, ANYWHERE there is a hook or by adding a hook in the template and not limited to just below the thread or anything like that. It can restrict by usergroup, forum levels and quite a number of other things. Its a very popular and used addon for a reason.

Good luck to anyone who wants to buy this instead though.
  5. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Well I never said [bd] widget wasn't bad, it sure is, no doubt about that !

I have put this add-on for sale as I had it funded by a customer that needed this and that couldn't be fullfilled by [bd] widget.

Hence, as I said, it's not providing the same exact functionalities as you still haven't catched the fact that it allows thread author to customized the thread footer blocks for their own thread, visible to all users when browsing that thread. It can be interesting to add SEO data on a thread basis (this was the purpose for my customer).

In any case, you are criticizing but you haven't tried to demo to see how it works, which would certainly have led you to understand the differences.

Anyways, you are not interested by the product so no need to discuss further about the differences, and pollute this support thread :)
    oO5 Dynasty likes this.
  6. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

no sidebars?
  7. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

No currently it's only footer blocks (this is what my customer wanted).

Would sidebar be of any interest really ?

8. ŽivaAkcija

sidebar option would be interesting for RSS
  9. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

You see use case where one particular user would want to put sidebar data in particular threads ?
  10. ŽivaAkcija

no i mean only on index page, but widget framework can do this so..
  11. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Ah ok then your remark was out of the scope ;)
    It's not what this add-on is meant to.
  12. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

13. oO5 Dynasty

oO5 Dynasty Active Member

I like the fact users are able to customize their own footers. I think i might buy this
    MtoR likes this.
  14. Donny

Donny Active Member

This is awesome. Saved for future use. Busy with other thing at the moment, but will come back to this!
    MtoR likes this.