xF-Wordpress Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

faeronsayn

faeronsayn submitted a new resource:

xF-Wordpress Bridge - Seamlessly integrating the two platforms

6d5ghKM.png

This addon integrates the the users of xenForo with WordPress. The current WordPress bridges do not create an account on WordPress which means that a lot of the plugins that utilize the members part of WordPress become obsolete. Furthermore, when the bridge is removed your WordPress site is left with no members on it's own.

This bridge solves these issues and adds onto the previous bridge functionality. It creates a user in...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for this add-on, am excited to try it out, but have a question:

For this reason, the plugin will assign the user-email as the password for the WordPress account.

Since Single Sign-On will do the work when the bridge is enabled, you will not come across this issue.

Isn't this a security issue? Can a person not go to the wp-login.php and just put the email as password to enter an account?

Also, is it Ok to have my Wordpress in a directory, i.e. /wordpress , I might place a copied index in my root though.

Thank you for this add-on, am excited to try it out, but have a question:

Isn't this a security issue? Can a person not go to the wp-login.php and just put the email as password to enter an account?

Also, is it Ok to have my Wordpress in a directory, i.e. /wordpress , I might place a copied index in my root though.

You cannot sign in through WordPress when the bridge is enabled.

It redirects all login links to their xenForo equivalents. It's the same thing with WordPress registrations, it'll redirect those links to xenForo equivalents as well.

You cannot sign in through WordPress when the bridge is enabled.

It redirects all login links to their xenForo equivalents. It's the same thing with WordPress registrations, it'll redirect those links to xenForo equivalents as well.

If the bridge for some reason breaks, then it is a potential security issue?

If the bridge for some reason breaks, then it is a potential security issue?
If the bridge is disabled, then WordPress users can login with their user-names and their respective emails.

It seems like the best option where users don't have to disturb the admin of the site and ask them their new password. If you'd like, once you disable the plugin you can disable login and then reset all their passwords, and send password reset links to all the users.

Does the plugin manage sync in case of email changing on XF side ? Is the new email replicated on WP account ?
What happens on WP when user requests a password reset on XF ?
If XF admin deletes an XF user, is deletion replicated on WP ? In the opposite case (WP admin deletes wp user) what happens ?

If it posted in threads, then why have a blog?
but a block would be useful to show recent blog posts....
maybe another block for blog user comments....

So how about members that are already registered when this is installed?

Looks good, are there any plans to include a feature to automatically create a forum thread whenever a new article is posted to wordpress ?

If it posted in threads, then why have a blog?

A lot of people only regularly check the what's new page on the forum so a new thread would be necessary for them to discover the blog post, the whole thing wouldn't have to there, just the first paragraph and a link to the blog would do, also I'd rather keep the article comments primarily on the forum.

thats why i suggested a blog feed in a block, similar to what twitter feed does on http://forums.digitalpoint.com

A lot of people only regularly check the what's new page on the forum so a new thread would be necessary for them to discover the blog post, the whole thing wouldn't have to there, just the first paragraph and a link to the blog would do, also I'd rather keep the article comments primarily on the forum.

If a user account is created in Wordpress, will one be created in Xenforo? There are wordpress registration plugins and membership plugins that won't work unless Wordpress can handle the registration.

Does the plugin manage sync in case of email changing on XF side ? Is the new email replicated on WP account ?
What happens on WP when user requests a password reset on XF ?
If XF admin deletes an XF user, is deletion replicated on WP ? In the opposite case (WP admin deletes wp user) what happens ?

User Emails are synced to Wordpress. Meaning, an email change in xenForo will change the email in wordpress.

Nothing happens on WP when a user requests a password reset on XF. Passwords are not synced.

If admin deletes a user in XF it is not replicated on WP, however, now that you speak of it. I will add that in. The opposite is not the case, you cannot delete users from WP when the plugin is enabled, unless you modify the database. Users are handled by XF.

To add to this:

I'd also like the wp comments to be synced with the XF posts in that thread. This way you can take advantage of the alerts system.

Top Bottom