1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF Tapatalk app

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DBA, Jan 2, 2012.

1. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

Anybody have Tapatalk installed on their XF forum? I'd like to try it out. Test user login info would also be nice. PM me if you don't want to post it out in the open.
  2. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

3. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

I get a failed to connect message. Anybody else have a link?
    ChemicalKicks likes this.
  4. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

5. ChemicalKicks

Eek, didn't realise it was broken.

I changed my url yesterday from www to non but hadn't updated the url settings in the tapatalk control panel.
  6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

7. rollthebones

rollthebones Active Member

I don't see what the big deal with Tapatalk is. I tried it out the other day and the interface is junk.
  8. ChemicalKicks

I wasn't fussed on it until I realised how locked down and restricted iOS is, would you believe me if I told you that uploading directly from browser is not at all possible when you're on an iPod/iPad/iPhone. That means you must offer another solution for users who're suffering a crippled internet experience with iOS.
  9. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

I rather like it, it's fast and it just simply works. Plus like CK said, you need something for the iPod/iPad/iPhone users.

Also it's kind of funny (sad) that Tapatalk has multi-quote while the actual forum doesn't.
    Dinh Thanh likes this.
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I have it on both my forums, it works great for users and moderators.

ChemicalKicks and DBA like this.
  11. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I was one of those where before I used Tapatalk or ForumRunner I didn't understand or really had no interest in it. Since starting to use a mobile device(mainly my smartphone) and setting up Tapatalk and ForumRunner it makes an amazing difference in accessing the site and finding information, reading threads, moderating and pm'ing that would take forever even with the latest browser tech on the new smartphones.

If you want to fumble around with the phones built in browser go right ahead. I can make 10 posts and attachments on half of those posts in the time it would take me to do it with the phone browser. I would imagine a tablet would make it a little easier but I don't have one of those and don't know if I will ever get one. Although after having Android ICS on my Nexus I think a tablet with it would be sweet.
    optrex and ChemicalKicks like this.
  12. optrex

optrex Active Member

my members love the mobile side of it. Its really helped generate interest in the site.