XenZine Articles [Deleted]

It's almost completely independent. The only reason it threw a wobbly on installing with the last version of xenforo was because the changes made to xenforo installation (validating serialised option parameters)

But should things change, I'll make the modifications.

I'm updating everything I want to keep going forward into xenforo 2.0, if I update them now, that will mean less work for me later

So yes, definitely looking to make sure this moves over to xenforo 2.0

It's going to make it, I've just bought an upgrade anticipating the release of xf2.0, I have a feeling it will work as is, unless they vastly change the plugins/install. Just waiting for the release now.... and upgrading all plugins

It won't work as is. They've already stated that v1 addons won't work for v2 because of the code changes. xF2 is basically a rewrite.

hmm... okay, guess I'm going to have to do a bit of work when they release the beta version.
Hopefully I wont have to change the core too much, but I've not seen how they've changed it yet.

Although the controllers/models /views don't depend on the core, they still depend on the core architecture, so if that changes I'll need to brace myself for a bit of work

I wish I could get my hands on a pre-release version of 2.0 just to start making the changes to the backend that I need to. That is kind of what the beta versions are for, but quite a few people just upgrade and expect plugins to work / be updated immediately.

If there is a lot of change to the core, there going to be a lot of work to do.

I pitty those with hundreds of add-ons, there's no way they will be able to keep up. But xenzine alone it fairly in depth with a lot of functionality

How would you have it downloaded, do you mean a conversion to PDF link / full text?

It's not something I've thought of adding

Yes, I'm interested in downloading articles as PDF. Perhaps there's an add-on out there that I can use... off to search!
Thanks tenants for your reply and confirmation. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the settings.
M

FWIW, I came across an add-on by @AndyB that does what I need. "Export Thread" - Thanks all!

Last edited:
Okay, cool.. glad a solution was there

I'm not sure how many people would want export as PDF, there are quite a lot of options in Xenzine, I dont want to add things that aren't populars, since the options just get confussing

Just been testing some animated gifs at Xenzine:

Xenzine Articles, article manager addon / cms addon
http://xenzine.com/

- CHOCOHOLICS WARNING, not for the weak harted

also added the animated tag to all animated tests
http://xenzine.com/?tag=animated
http://xenzine.com/?tag=choc

Last edited:
Hi, I'm looking at XenZine as a possible solution to a new project I may have in the pipeline..

Just wondered if your add-on had the possibility of custom defined fields (eg. imdb score for a film article)? I've had a quick look over and couldn't see any obvious mention.

It was built with customisation in mind, so yes it's very customisation, and easy to select the areas you want to customise.

see the how to guides

in particular: How To Create Custom Fields
and also: how to style custom fields

You can see that I've used the custom fields to create the step by step guides
You can do this for a particular article categories, or just a group of articles, or all the articles

I can create an article category with the field type that you want, if you want to test it (You can also do the same things for all articles, but I wont do that on xenzine.com since I dont want all articles to have this test field). You can see a list of the various different types of custom feilds available in the admin area in one of the screen shots below

I've added some extra types not included in xenforo custom fields, for instance tables are pretty handy when you want custom data to appear in rows

I think all you want is a single drop down option, or a text box, both are available:

1.webp 3.webp 3 (1).webp 4.webp 5.webp 6.webp

Types of custom fields available in the ACP:

3 (1).webp

Last edited:
tenants updated XenZine Articles with a new update entry:

fixed an issue with upload of custom types

custom field uploads were not working (I was just made aware of this last weekend).

An xf build updated the json response for uploads to only allow core parameters to be returned from the upload json response.

This prevented xenzine custom field uploads (since I could no longer inject the field_id into the params)

This should fix that issue and allow custom field uploads again (have been testing on xenzine.com)

Sorry to anyone who this was an issue for, it was only brought to my...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@tenants Is there a way to enable the use of the WYSIWYG editor within a custom multi-line text box?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There was somebody that change the wysiwyg editor in Xenzine for another editor using a Xenforo plugin, it was a long while ago. But this isn't something xenzine does by default, it just uses the core editor. So, that would require some one to customise xenzine / a separate plugin

Top Bottom