XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Does anyone here have experience with xenword and HTTPS? I'm having some issues setting this up.

Edit: Issue was with redux framework.

Last edited:
Reactions: LPH
I want to know it as well... would you please tell me if it is compatible with the latest version of XF ?
Same here.

I purchased the Lifetime License about 6 months ago and was finally about to rollout my site (not a small one).
I read that there are issues with support which is sad to hear. My questions are:

1. I'd like to be able to add a new development subdomain (it is robots.txt of course and only for dev). Is it ok?
2. What version of Xenword should I use for WordPress 4.3.1 and Xenforo 1.5.2?

Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks

One last thing: if no support or fixes will be provided, then can someone point out to another bridge? (or I can shoot myself in the head right now :D)

One last thing: if no support or fixes will be provided, then can someone point out to another bridge? (or I can shoot myself in the head right now :D)

Why are you stating this about fixes? Here is the latest roadmap.

I am not able to provide support and halted sales. I didn't even come to this site for months due to health.

People kept contacting me stating they didn't need support and so I allowed some sales through. The majority still wanted support. My health does not allow me to spend hours supporting other sites. This bridge was always meant for people with technical knowledge - and quickly expanded to people who cannot install a WordPress plugin. It's time consuming.

Luckily someone else has stepped forward and is looking over code to help move this plugin forward -- no public announcements will be made until the individual is comfortable. Together we hope to clean up the code. We have lots of work to complete behind the scenes so that development is smooth because this plugin has gone past my early days of cowboy coding.

XenWord 3.0.0.06 is in alpha and not released until the get_avatar code is fixed. WordPress 4.4 is in release candidate and their developers changed the way avatars are grabbed. That is enough pressure to have to consider rather coming here and seeing disinformation.

With that -- I'm a little upset. Can you tell? Come on. I've been really upfront with everything. I'm not interested in returning to the hospital.

A new alpha version is available for testing on a development environment. Please do not use this version on a live production site. Only licensed members will be able to download this version.

Code:
( 84 ) Alpha Release 3.0.0.01 - branched from 2.5.1.05
This is the first release of Jefferson
Wrap Xenword_Activator in conditional to avoid loading on front-end of WP site.
Wrap $fileDir in conditional
Added custom excerpt size to class-xenword-thread-creation.php
Added comments_per_page option in XenWord panel.
Added getVisitor and getBoardUrl to class XenWord

( 85 ) Alpha Release 3.0.0.02
New directory structure
New metabox extension loaded
Thread creation switch metabox - not functioning yet
PHP and WP Version Checks - PHP 5.3 Required
Bug Fix: loading xenword.css

( 86 ) Alpha Release 3.0.0.03 
Installed PHPUnit, created tests directory
Login widget code changed after logged in

( 87 ) Alpha Release 3.0.0.04
Tested with WordPress 4.3.1 and XenForo 1.5.1
Upgraded Redux Framework v3.5.7
Disabled metaboxes extension

( 88 ) Alpha Release 3.0.0.05
Upgraded Redux Framework to v3.5.8.1
Added background color to widgets for easier identification
Fixed missing div tag in login widget, added CSS classes

( 89 ) Alpha Release 3.0.0.06
Bug Fix: Fixed activate() error, new mysql code, class-xenword-activator.php
Bug Fix: Fixed constructor in class-xenword-deactivator.php
Changed class-xenword-thread-creation.php: cleaned up repeated statements in the switch statements .
Changed class-xenword-activator.php: added WP_Session_Tokens::destroy_all()
Changed class-xenword-avatars.php: added class Avatars, added switch for WordPress version
Changed class-xenword-admin-notices.php: public function changed to public static functions
Changed class-xenword-action-links.php: added XenWord_Action_Links class, fixed $basename path to main file, added protected $plugin_slug
Changed /XenForo/index.php: added methods get_plugin_slug() and get_instance()
Changed class-xenword-login-xfusers.php: wrapped conditional to check $user_id is not zero
New XenWord Panel built with arguments from Redux Framework
New XenWord option: Multisite Settings
New files: class-xenword-stylesheets.php, xenword-public.css, xenword-admin.css
Removed xenword.css
Renamed files: class-xenword-users-data.php, class-xenword-users-roles.php, class-xenword-users-admin.php

More details are available on the XenWord support site:
http://www.tuxreports.com/community/threads/xenword-3-0-0-06-alpha-release.608221/

@dougdirac -- just double checking that your question was answered yesterday on the support site. Please let me know there if you still have questions.

Why are you stating this about fixes? Here is the latest roadmap.

I am not able to provide support and halted sales. I didn't even come to this site for months due to health.

People kept contacting me stating they didn't need support and so I allowed some sales through. The majority still wanted support. My health does not allow me to spend hours supporting other sites. This bridge was always meant for people with technical knowledge - and quickly expanded to people who cannot install a WordPress plugin. It's time consuming.

Luckily someone else has stepped forward and is looking over code to help move this plugin forward -- no public announcements will be made until the individual is comfortable. Together we hope to clean up the code. We have lots of work to complete behind the scenes so that development is smooth because this plugin has gone past my early days of cowboy coding.

XenWord 3.0.0.06 is in alpha and not released until the get_avatar code is fixed. WordPress 4.4 is in release candidate and their developers changed the way avatars are grabbed. That is enough pressure to have to consider rather coming here and seeing disinformation.

With that -- I'm a little upset. Can you tell? Come on. I've been really upfront with everything. I'm not interested in returning to the hospital.
I can tell but I certainly didn't intend to be mean or anything. Maybe my post could have been formulated more appropriately, it was just a question that I was asking, not a statement at all,
Furthermore I didn't know that you were sick. I read everything about it now and yes you've been totally transparent, you didn't abandon your stuff which most would have done. Kudos to you, hope you will be well and again, I did not intend to be upsetting at all, I'll be more careful with the way I write things.

Last edited:
@LPH - Does this bridge work with xF installed in the root and WordPress in subdomain; with multisite enabled?

I haven't tested it in that configuration for quite some time. If you'd like, and haven't already, create an account on Tux Reports and ask me via PM. I can send you a copy and you can test it on a local dev environment you have set with that configuration. Of course, you can hold off until I'm back from the holiday break.

A look at the new settings panel.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Jeremy P helped me tonight get the code working for copying WordPress tags into the XenForo thread. Here is the screenshot of a sample of WordPress tags copied into the XenForo thread.

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 9.08.50 PM.webp

Top Bottom