XenWord Pro [Deleted]

@LPH
I tried to register an account @ tuxreports.com in order to purachse a license for XenWord Pro.

Unfortunately I didn't get an activation email and trying to resend the actvation doesn't work either, I just get an error that the CAPTCHA was not completed.

As you explicity forbit to contact you via E-Mail and you seem to have disabled the standard contact form too I'm trying to get some support here as I can't post on your forums (yet).
Your email provider is rejecting the emails from the server. It's not allowing the server to connect properly.

They are still rejecting it, stating there is no reverse DNS for the server....... And there is. I'll try something else in the morning.

Still no luck with my primary email, so I changed it to a temporary one which at least allowed me to activate.

Thanks, i'll check later to see if it does work.

Another question though:
As posted in the description it should be possible to create thread replies when a comment is made in WordPress:
"Optional: Store WordPress comments as thread replies on XenForo"

How can this be enabled? I don't see any such setting in Comment System / Thread System.

Edit
Got it working after some digging into the code.
XenWord_WordPress_Comments::write() does look up the XenForo user by email, which does fail if the email address is not in sync between WP and XF and subsequently causes an errror when trying to save the post.
I think you should either look up the XF user by ID or document that the email address needs to be in sync too.

Last edited:
Not sure where to post general support questions, but...

My Users' groups aren't being mapped as I have them set up. Is it because they aren't visiting the WP part of the site?

Which is OK right now because my small community is just a small group right now, and the site just has a small portion of content that I added yesterday to test things out.

A few months on, this has undoubtedly become the best plugin I've ever used. It's seamless and central to my community. The support has also been top class - thank you @LPH you're a credit.

Just a follow up to this should anyone be considering purchasing.

As excellent as the plugin is, and initial support was - currently they are a little slow with support requests.

They made a thread in June saying support will be slow in July - it's great to see that transparency, they've also removed their ticket platform and the forum support doesn't seem as slick - I've had an issue unanswered since 23rd August.

So yeah, just be mindful that support queries could be a little slower than usual.

Hello @LPH an everyone willing to help

I'd like to buy xenword. Actually I've no users but admin (me) in WP and I'd like to use XW so that all the XF users can login in to the site using their forum credentials to use the WooCommerce I've on my main site.

Can someone tell me if XW fits this kind of use? I've read about aligning user ID but since I've just the admin user and I'm also the admin on the forum, what exactly do I've to do for this "alignment"?

thanks!

Should this resource not be tagged as unmaintained/unsupported?

There are plenty of threads on their support forum asking for help with no answers - the admin has effectively become Amelia Earhart and disappeared and the other moderator (Grace) that was supporting also hasn't been online there for over a month.

There are many reports (including mine) that once installed you cannot log into the WordPress Admin it continues to redirect you to the xF install.

And while there is no 'affiliation' between xenforo and the third-party addons surely by letting something like this continue - without it being marked as unsupported potentially gives new xenforo owners the impression that this addon could help enhance their websites when really it only hurts their set up as it stands.

Could lead to some disgruntled xF Customers.

I've the same sensation. I'd like to buy the addon to sync XF and WP and I left some messages on their forum. Someone replied lately but it seems that there's no one behind this addon so I'm waiting to see if something happen before buying it. I really need it but I don't want to buy something that's not supported at all.

Should this resource not be tagged as unmaintained/unsupported?

There are plenty of threads on their support forum asking for help with no answers - the admin has effectively become Amelia Earhart and disappeared and the other moderator (Grace) that was supporting also hasn't been online there for over a month.

There are many reports (including mine) that once installed you cannot log into the WordPress Admin it continues to redirect you to the xF install.

And while there is no 'affiliation' between xenforo and the third-party addons surely by letting something like this continue - without it being marked as unsupported potentially gives new xenforo owners the impression that this addon could help enhance their websites when really it only hurts their set up as it stands.

Could lead to some disgruntled xF Customers.

I share your frustration/can see your point, I had a support request just sat there for over a month and like you, could see no activity from support.

Prior to which, I found their support the best I've ever seen.

Coincidentally, LPH has started replying to support requests on their forum - they've never hid their setup, they develop/support the mod when time allows outside their day job and whilst some will take issue, I tend to want to give them the benefit of doubt.

Top Bottom