XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Hi,

I watched your intro video and I have two questions :

a) Does the two way comment system work only with wpdiscuz or with default commenting system as well?
b) Is a comment which isdisplayed under a blog post and on its equivalent forum topic, stored as two separate entries in the database or one?

Hi,

I watched your intro video and I have two questions :

a) Does the two way comment system work only with wpdiscuz or with default commenting system as well?

This works with the WP native comment system too. The WPDiscuz is an excellent enhancement.

b) Is a comment which isdisplayed under a blog post and on its equivalent forum topic, stored as two separate entries in the database or one?

Both databases. In fact the WP database meta table is used to hold the origin of the comments.

Thanks for your reply.

A few more:

a) In PRO is there the option not to use Xenforo to login to WordPress? Or to allow only Admins to do that?
b) Does the WordPress plugin change any settings in the core installation? For example i've seen some users mention that the user roles changed in WP and im a bit skeptical. I really want to use this addon, it seems to be doing exactly what I need but I dont want to affect in anyway the functionality of my WordPress installation either temporarily or permanently. Its already loaded with many plugins and customisations and I wouldn't want to break anything.

Thanks again, great work!

In PRO is there the option not to use Xenforo to login to WordPress?

No. The bridge operates by XenForo login only. This is absolutely important to understand. XenForo's security is far superior to WordPress. It's why WordPress sites are constantly hacked - poor security. By using XenForo then you are improving the security of your site. I've considered people using WP member login and create XenForo, however, this is FAR FAR away. It's one of those things that I've dug in my heels and said, "NO" ... It'll make the login way too confusing for visitors.

Does the WordPress plugin change any settings in the core installation?

The plugin includes redirects for login to XenForo. There is an option to write member and comment information into the WP database. These write to the meta tables.

If you deactivate then the information remains in the meta table and comments are kept.

i've seen some users mention that the user roles changed in WP and im a bit skeptical

There is a user mapping feature disabled upon activation. This is important. The administrator should go to /xenforoinstall/admin.php and setup new user groups for WordPress. These are WordPress Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber. Once these are created, go to user mapping and map the WordPress role to the Secondary User Group just created. After done, enable mapping.

This is a fantastic feature because a webmaster controls all the WP roles through XenForo's Secondary User Group. Simply move a person from one to another and when they go to WP then they'll have that new role, or removed from that role. Cool stuff.

I wouldn't want to break anything.
It doesn't matter how much this plugin is tested -- someone finds a way to break things. It's why there have been 117 releases. Server environments change, a new feature is added, etc. The feedback on 3.1.2.4 has been extremely positive - with no bug reports (strange but it'll eventually happen because all software has bugs).

Anyway, download the trial, mess with it on a local development environment, get used to settings, etc. If you are still nervous then buy the subscription (this is why I created it) and get used to using it that way. If the plugin is exactly as you'd hoped then get the PRO version.

Fair enough?

Fair enough?

Yes :) Thanks for the detailed answer.

I didn't know I could download a trial version of it. Will do now.

I disagree a bit on the security of WP. There have not been many vulnerabilities in the core of the WP but ok, maybe we can further discuss this on xenword forum!

Thanks again for your replies, it seems that you provide good support other than a good product ;) One "downside" I see is that in case custom functionality is needed you cannot be "hired" to do but ok, thats not something that will hold me back from buying it.

XenWord 3.2 comment moderation

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What do you think about this new feature? Cool, eh?

LPH updated XenWord Pro with a new update entry:

Introducing Comment Moderation

Tested with WordPress 4.7 beta 4
Bootstrap file is now a class
PHP Version Check – Plugin requires PHP 5.3+
New Comment Moderation feature
New System: Promotion. Started files. Will work through on 3.2+ [Turned Off]
Added public hook() and called from __construct in class-xenword-loader.php
Bug Fix: Extra double quote in dl for xenword-dashboard-widget.php

https://www.tuxreports.com/community/threads/xenword-3-2-0-introducing-comment-moderation.610297/

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this a one off thing that happens as users log in one by one?

Yes. They must actually go to the WordPress site to trigger being added to the database. The code is a WordPress plugin - not a XenForo addon - if that helps understand why.

I migrated an entire WordPress installation into an MU installation when I heard a single license would work with this. I realized I never asked, will it matter if the two blogs on my MU install do not share a common domain name?

I migrated an entire WordPress installation into an MU installation when I heard a single license would work with this. I realized I never asked, will it matter if the two blogs on my MU install do not share a common domain name?

Hi

XenWord relies on cookies, therefore, the domain names must match. This includes www and http/https.

is that possible XF to WP ???? i create thread in XF and auto post to WP (front) ....

Hi

Not at this time. This could potentially end up with a circle. This avoids the issue of a WordPress post creating a thread, in which the thread creates a post ...

Instead, I've opted to use a WordPress widget which shows a featured thread. Version 3.3 featured thread widget is much cleaner than in 3.2.

@LPH
We have a strange problem: if I write a comment on xenforo, wordpress will show it underneath the post, and that's allright.
If you refresh the WP post, the comment will be duplicated in a new comment, on WP only. And so on, every time you refresh the page.
If I write the comment on WP, there is no problem.
Example (it's a development site, feel free to try it out):
Forum post: http://new.mtb-mag.com/forum/threads/nuovo-post.5/
WP post: http://new.mtb-mag.com/nuovo-post/

We have tried deactivating all plugins, but there is no difference: the bug persists.

Thank you for your help

Good morning @diretur

I'm sorry you are having this issue and I'll end up asking you tons of questions. The fastest to get this resolved will be to add the information into a ticket (tuxreports.com) with access information. Otherwise ... here are the most important questions:

1. XenWord version
2. XenWord settings for comments
3. XenWord settings for posts, pages, custom posts
4. Type of caching on server

The fastest check is to look at the comment meta table and see if the origin is set properly for the comments. If the origin doesn't set then the comments will keep writing over and over again because the origin is never understood.

The fastest fix will be to delete out the comments from the WP table using WP backend. Once the comment causing the issue is out of the WP table then it should write properly.

I've noticed you've changed the defaults for XenWord. You might also consider deactivating the plugin, go into the WP database and remove the XenWord options. Reactivate and it should be at the defaults.

Good morning @diretur

I'm sorry you are having this issue and I'll end up asking you tons of questions. The fastest to get this resolved will be to add the information into a ticket (tuxreports.com) with access information. Otherwise ... here are the most important questions:

1. XenWord version
2. XenWord settings for comments
3. XenWord settings for posts, pages, custom posts
4. Type of caching on server

The fastest check is to look at the comment meta table and see if the origin is set properly for the comments. If the origin doesn't set then the comments will keep writing over and over again because the origin is never understood.

The fastest fix will be to delete out the comments from the WP table using WP backend. Once the comment causing the issue is out of the WP table then it should write properly.

I've noticed you've changed the defaults for XenWord. You might also consider deactivating the plugin, go into the WP database and remove the XenWord options. Reactivate and it should be at the defaults.

I tried what you said, but it didn't work. I opened a ticket @tuxreports

Thanks

I tried what you said, but it didn't work. I opened a ticket @tuxreports

Thank you. I've looked. The xenword_options are set to an absolute path that you should check. We'll keep using the ticket to go through things to make sure everything is working properly for you. There is also a domain name challenge (it vs com).

Thank you. I've looked. The xenword_options are set to an absolute path that you should check. We'll keep using the ticket to go through things to make sure everything is working properly for you. There is also a domain name challenge (it vs com).

I was running WP 4.3. Updated to 4.7 and everything works fine now.
Thank you for your time!

Reactions: LPH
LPH updated XenWord Pro with a new update entry:

Widget System Work; New Wide View Widget

Announcement Post

( 120 ) 3.3.0.1 - December 28, 2016
Tested with WordPress 4.7
New widget: Show Latest Community Threads - wide view
Added support for Icewind Total Forum Thread View
Added conditional if $forum_id is empty. Use forum default.
Rewrote online, top-poster, staff online widgets
Rewrote xenword-dashboard-widget.php and xenword-board-totals-widget.php
Rewrote...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello @LPH,

Maybe I am too early with this question, however I do like to know when the second version of XenForo will be released, your app will be updated as well?

Top Bottom