XenWord Pro 2018 [Deleted]

Can the option be implement so that a category can have an assigned forum to post to ? i have some automated posts and i have to manually select each forum every post.

Maybe I can have it set so that if a category is chosen then the default forum is used. I'll have to tinker with it.

Hi @LPH

Can i ask if this one is working well with any templates purchased from Wordpress. What i mean is the post styles from whatever Wordpress template which can be redirected to Xenforo community using the setting of this addon? Also, can displaying well on the homepage which using wordpress ?

Thank you!

Hi @LPH

Can i ask if this one is working well with any templates purchased from Wordpress. What i mean is the post styles from whatever Wordpress template which can be redirected to Xenforo community using the setting of this addon? Also, can displaying well on the homepage which using wordpress ?

Thank you!

Hi

A simple site structure is usually not an issue. The challenge is when people try to add subdomains, multisite, etc. the latest beta has an option to use wither wp_guess_url or get_site_url. I’m not sure if that answers your main question.

A major challenge remains with this plugin. Some servers require an increase in buffer size to stop redirects leading to a bad gateway message (blank page). The redirects file is being changed in the next release but needs heavy testing. Please contact Gracie on Tux Reports if you’d like to try the plugin with the new redirect file.

Having an issue with version 3.0 where comments on Wordpress 4.9.1 are not showing up.

Showing up as "-1 Comments".

Comment system and thread system are both disabled as I don't want Xenforo to be integrated for posts or comments, just for users.

Any known fixes?
May I get some help with this?

@Rusty1237 --Sorry I didn't see your message earlier. Are you really using XenWord 3.0? There have been many upgrades since 3.0. Feel free to send me a PM.

@LPH, quick question - does Xenword display TablePress tables from WordPress posts in Xenforo? Does it display them as HTML or images if so?

Also, does ZenWord create a copy of the content or import it in real time (implication being are changes to content in WordPress reflected in XF or do you have a dual maintenance problem)?

Thanks,
Russ

Purchased the lifetime and branding removal...went to install it on a new build and gives an error. It's a brand new install of Xen 2.x and WordPress...one user on each...the usernames and ID's match...not sure what the problem is. Is there a support option?

Last edited:
Purchased the lifetime and branding removal...went to install it on a new build and it breaks WordPress. It's a brand new install of Xen 2.x and WordPress...one user on each...the usernames and ID's match...not sure what the problem is. Is there a support option?

They have a support forum, but support is pretty limited in terms of response times. I do suggest reading all the little fine prints, they expect that you've read every detail in every thread in every sticky and that information is lost in the abyss of the rest of that site they are trying to promote. Sometimes activating certain features at the wrong time during setup can break this thing. But for anyone to help you, 'break' is a pretty vague explanation of the problem. You're going to have to be more detailed.

They have a support forum, but support is pretty limited in terms of response times. I do suggest reading all the little fine prints, they expect that you've read every detail in every thread in every sticky and that information is lost in the abyss of the rest of that site they are trying to promote. Sometimes activating certain features at the wrong time during setup can break this thing. But for anyone to help you, 'break' is a pretty vague explanation of the problem. You're going to have to be more detailed.

Tried again on a fresh install for both and plugin won't install. I get this error in WordPress:

Fatal error: Class 'XF' not found in /home/xxxxx/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/xenword-2018.02.04/framework/xenword-init.php on line 1918

When I set the absolute path, then save - nothing happens. I refresh and I'm greeted with this:
1521371955894.webp
Nothing....

I set the path exactly as it is for Xenforo:
/home/mydomain/public_html/community

Yet nothing - what am I doing wrong? I can't get into WordPress at all, unless I delete the addon.

Anyone had similar issues before?

Cheers,

The lack of support here and on the XenWord forum (can't find a support forum unless it's hidden for just customers) is a great advertisement for this add-on.

When I set the absolute path, then save - nothing happens. I refresh and I'm greeted with this:
View attachment 171290
Nothing....

I set the path exactly as it is for Xenforo:
/home/mydomain/public_html/community

Yet nothing - what am I doing wrong? I can't get into WordPress at all, unless I delete the addon.

Anyone had similar issues before?

Cheers,

Yeah i had this problem, itr was down to the wrong path. are you using a vps ? using cpanel ?

Is there an ETA for a stable version for XF2 XenWord, @LPH?

Not at this time. It appears to be stable but there are about 100 installations and I'm uncomfortable with those trying a new installation.

I'm adding a database reset action link. One developer suggested using AJAX but I'm thinking a simple link to a file since it would be removing the xenword_options.

Top Bottom