[OzzModz] XenPorta Improvements

[OzzModz] XenPorta Improvements 2.0.1 Beta 1

No permission to download
The error fixed in the new update stemmed from some deactivated (WIP) features which are really quite bonkers, and I've decided to remove some of them.

The real edition of Xenporta Improvements will include an entirely new article icon system. So far, XenPorta uses the full attachment image assigned to the article, and displays it everywhere articles are shown - whether in the grid, in widgets, etc. This can potentially mean you're loading a dozen or so large images (depending on your attachment allowances, 1600px images at over 1mb a piece?) just to fill a thumbnail grid.

The edition being worked on generates L/M/S/XS versions of the attachment upon assigning to the article, so there's always an appropriate sized version to fit in grids or widgets, and doesn't suck up bandwidth.

I coded in a lightweight images compression function where you can set quality (0-100) to lessen the image load of your articles, without needing a true optimizer. Further, you can also sharpen the article thumbnails :)

Because of the new system, it will require doing a batch rebuild of ALL articles/icons after install to generate the new sizes.

The part I went overboard is a front-end stats graph that shows the previous and current filesize of each article icon so you could compare after rebuilds using your compression & sharpness settings. That part is now being stripped out as it's just overkill..

Page Speed is complaining about a linked article image not having explicit width and height, and another not having properly sized images, huring my mobile score. Both those are fixed in the new version coming soonTM? =)

"Avoid large layout shifts" also has some entries, which seem to be connected to the XP articles on the front page. What about those? =)

Any way to improve the way css EWRporta.less and js jquery files are loaded?

Last edited:
Page Speed is complaining about a linked article image not having explicit width and height, and another not having properly sized images, hurting my mobile score. Both those are fixed in the new version coming soonTM? =)

"Avoid large layout shifts" also has some entries, which seem to be connected to the XP articles on the front page. What about those? =)

Any way to improve the way css EWRporta.less and js jquery files are loaded?

@Nulumia ? :)

Also, do you have any ETA on next update? (this month or after new year?)

Hot patching this addon with minified files since my XFOptimize can't reach physical files. I'll also check XenMedio for the same issue and update my addon for that too if needed.

Nulumia updated XenPorta Improvements with a new update entry:

Minified JS, CLS and article thumbnail tweaks

• XenPorta will now run minified JS files when in production move (live site with development mode disabled)
  • Added width, height and alt text attributes to article icons when using attachments for the icon. This will help with page speed scoring related to CLS issues
This update enables the minified JS files which are already bundled in XenPorta, but aren't loaded by default. You should now benefit from loading the smaller files.

Also, article featured images (such as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible to see more demos? Does somebody use this plugin on the production sites, if yes, please let me know.

That is already fixed in the present build. I'm finishing the new patch right after I update XFOptimize over today and tomorrow, so I do intend to have the update ready before Christmas (this contains the new article icon system).

So this week? :D

That is already fixed in the present build. I'm finishing the new patch right after I update XFOptimize over today and tomorrow, so I do intend to have the update ready before Christmas (this contains the new article icon system).

Hoping for this month... :)

I was wondering if you could fix the mobile view of the grid posts in a future update? When viewing on mobile the posts aren't centered because of the date that sits off to the side.

Hopefully this isn't forgotten :)

Top Bottom