[OzzModz] XenPorta Improvements

[OzzModz] XenPorta Improvements 2.0.1 Beta 1

No permission to download
I am really looking to add several more Wordpress-like blog layouts for the listing pages, to open up design choices for XenPorta. For example, a traditional blog list with large featured images above the snippets in single rows, or alternating/flipped horizontal rows.

However.. the issue is that XenPorta only ships with one single layout option - Turn On/Off the masonry grid. This affects XenPorta-wide whether to render regular listings or grids. I can't edit an existing option type into, say, a select menu with more layouts - and it would be confusing to have multiple overriding checkboxes. (My custom "Horizontal list" checkbox already overrides it.. which I hate.)

I could give a shot seeing if Jaxel would be interested in expanding his addon with my ideas.

Or, another possible solution:

I would change the way XenPorta behaves upon the default On/Off Masonry toggle. I'd add a dropdown menu to select the overall layout FIRST (so even more layouts can be added over time):

Layout:
  • Grid
  • Default list
  • Horizontal list
  • Alternating rows
  • etc
Only if the grid layout is selected, Jaxel's On/Off Masonry option would turn it from a fixed grid into a masonry grid. But his setting would no longer be the definitive layout chooser.

Sounds tricky at first, but I would of course not integrate this unless it's 100% seamless and rock solid.

Last edited:
With this would I be able to make maybe a whole image an article? For example something like this?
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 5.13.04 PM.webp

Layout:
  • Grid
  • Default list
  • Horizontal list
  • Alternating rows
  • etc
Currently it is limited to use only one masonry grid layout for whole list of articles on index and category pages. Think about having multiple layouts on index page or anywhere we use the widgets. For example: Set masonry grid for Category A widget, then on same index page set another widget of articles with Horizontal list layout for Category B. That shows just below the masonry grid. This way we can make more WordPress like look on article index page, that would be more appealing IMO. :)

I am really looking to add several more Wordpress-like blog layouts for the listing pages, to open up design choices for XenPorta. For example, a traditional blog list with large featured images above the snippets in single rows, or alternating/flipped horizontal rows.

However.. the issue is that XenPorta only ships with one single layout option - Turn On/Off the masonry grid. This affects XenPorta-wide whether to render regular listings or grids. I can't edit an existing option type into, say, a select menu with more layouts - and it would be confusing to have multiple overriding checkboxes. (My custom "Horizontal list" checkbox already overrides it.. which I hate.)

I could give a shot seeing if Jaxel would be interested in expanding his addon with my ideas.

Or, another possible solution:

I would change the way XenPorta behaves upon the default On/Off Masonry toggle. I'd add a dropdown menu to select the overall layout FIRST (so even more layouts can be added over time):

Layout:
  • Grid
  • Default list
  • Horizontal list
  • Alternating rows
  • etc
Only if the grid layout is selected, Jaxel's On/Off Masonry option would turn it from a fixed grid into a masonry grid. But his setting would no longer be the definitive layout chooser.

Sounds tricky at first, but I would of course not integrate this unless it's 100% seamless and rock solid.

See I would use xenporta, but I'm using xpress (wordpress from theme house) to achieve this look. I wish @Jaxel would improve xenporta because it has a ton of potential - https://plexguide.com

1589602953039.png

1589602986161.png

If you use the features widget, the slider doesn't use font awesome icons or custom colors. Any ideas?

Now you've got me wondering as there doesn't appear to be many options as before...

1601821776257.png

Edit: I found the remaining options within style properties.

It appears to be working with no errors

I found that this no longer works...

1601822691024.webp

Last edited:
I don't use the categories and article lists so can't comment further.
However it doesn't cause any errors so I would assume that you could install it and test it against your needs

Top Bottom