[Xenmods] Same Thread Feed [Paid] [Deleted]

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

[XenMods] SameThreadFeed - Confine rss feeds to one thread (optional)

Tired of rss feeds crowding a board of your forums. This add on gives you the option to select for feeds to post in the same thread each time instead of creating a new one for each entry.

This add on creates two phrases (for use in the admin panel when registering a feed), one -admin- template modification (to add the checkbox on the admin panel page), and a few code listeners. This has only been tested on XenForo 1.2.0 and up.

If you choose to have a feed post in the same thread, you...

Read more about this resource...

It's just come to my attention that deleting the thread will cause this not to work, posts will be inserted into a deleted thread and you will get some "NOTICE: " errors in your error log (the post datawriter tries updating the node of the thread but the thread doesn't exist).

Daniel, any thoughts on this error during installation?

Server Error
Non-static method XenMods_SameThreadFeed_Install::_getDb() should not be called statically

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenMods/SameThreadFeed/Install.php at line 30
  2. XenMods_SameThreadFeed_Install::_getDb() in XenMods/SameThreadFeed/Install.php at line 30
  3. XenMods_SameThreadFeed_Install::Install()
  4. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cinvin/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Instead of threads, how about a different route? For instance, forums have threads, blogs have entries and gallery have albums. I propose a new route so that instead of threads, the 'subforum' would be called news and the 'threads' would be called feeds. I've asked for this before http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rss-feeds-section-with-own-thread-ids.36996/ because I noticed that when you use RSS and you end up getting a lot of useless threads, it feels like a waste of the thread ids.

With this you only "waste" one id. You could use a route filter to customize the path to that one thread. I can do the other thing but that's an entirely different type of add on lol

With this you only "waste" one id. You could use a route filter to customize the path to that one thread. I can do the other thing but that's an entirely different type of add on lol
I'm not sure what you mean? I was referring to the feeds being it's own content type instead of threads/posts. But they would sorta look like threads/posts.

Yeah I know what you're suggesting That's just a little more complex than this.

What I was referring to with route filters is, I think you can point /news/{title}.{id}/ to /threads/{title}.{id}/. I know that was only half the concept though and you want it to actually be it's own route though.

Got a small conflict with this mod: [vFcoders] Ajax First (or Last) Post Collapsable 1.0
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vfcoders-ajax-first-or-last-post-collapsable.47843/
Code:
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::preparePost() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/beta/public_html/library/vFcodersAFPCH/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 57 and defined
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Post.php at line 997
XenForo_Model_Post->preparePost() in vFcodersAFPCH/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 57
vFcodersAFPCH_ControllerPublic_Index->actionAjaxFirstPost() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fikushon/public_html/index.php at line 13
Is this fixable or do I need to uninstall [vFcoders] Ajax First (or Last) Post Collapsable 1.0? I'm getting this error when I click on the plus button. It works with other threads but not with "same feed threads"

Last edited:
I'm not really sure why my addon would conflict with that one. I don't even see my files in the stack trace. Can you tell me how you know it's my addon that's conflicting?

I'm not sure. But in a thread that has let's say 5 replies and I click on the + button of the vfcoders addon I'm not getting the error. But in a "same feed thread i'm receiving the error.

Last edited:
Cool thanks. I want to add that I'm not receiving the error when I use last post or first unread post. It only happens when First post is enabled.

Display First/Last Post
  • First Post
  • Last Post
  • First Unread Post

Just bought and installed this on my test kit. Seems to work really well, and gets over the headache of SPAMming certain forums.

Any one else using this effectively on their site, or have issues with it before I roll it out to my live site?

Top Bottom