An era comes to an end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

au lait

In this thread there are occasional actions for my add-ons

BLACKFRIDAY2017 - 30% OFF -> Includes Renewals -> valid from November 24, 2017 - 30 November 2017

Last edited:
@au lait

Will you be creating an XF2 version of Link Directory? I’m really interested in your addon the Link Directory, but I’m planning on upgrading to XF2.

Thank you.

I don't know yet!
LD is a very complex add-on. Developing an XF2 add-on is a lot more complicated.

If I create it, it will come last.

I am on holiday from 15.12.2017 - 29.12.2017 :) During this time I can't give any support!
But also have a "gift" for you -> Promo Code: CHRISTMASDEALS for xenmade.com :) 35% off

Last edited:
I am on holiday from 15.12.2017 - 29.12.2017 :) During this time I can't give any support!
But also have a "gift" for you -> Promo Code: CHRISTMASDEALS for xenmade.com :) 35% off

I get the following error when I try to use the above promo code.

"The entered coupon code is not valid."

Thank you.

I wish you all a happy Easter.

The coupon code is "EASTER2018" it is available until 02 April 2018

Last edited:
I am deeply shocked! today 3 complaints fluttered into my house about PayPal. There a user for 3 Add-Ons (bought in September 2018 and since then downloaded several times in different versions), demands the money back. Reason. Page closed! It's not like he didn't get anything:

I can understand brogan very well right now. with what he wrote here!
It's just not fun anymore!

Attachments

• Screen_20190225043257.webp
    Screen_20190225043257.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen_20190225043328.webp
    Screen_20190225043328.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 103
when you run a business don't except compassion from customers,

most customers don't care about you or your family, they only care about getting the product they paid for with the money they earned from their job

im surprised you are surprised some customers are claiming back their money

from the way you disappeared, by the way you completely closed your website, it does look like you are trying to run away by claiming you are "sick"

i remember you also said things in the past about getting tired of xenforo so it wouldn't surprise me

also, running a business is not supposed to be "fun"
it's hard work, stressful and you always have many customers who what more and more without wanting to pay more money

can you imagine if xenforo developers got sick and closed their website the way you did? they would never do that, because xenforo is a professional business and understands they are not here to have fun and make friends,
they are here to give customers a product so they can get paid to feed they family and make money and pay their mortgages

im not one of them who made a paypal claim but i support those people because of they way you acted(unprofessional)

be careful who you buy from, they might just disappear too

To be fair to both parties, customers with active licenses should be refunded fully or partially or on pro-rata basis...

@au lait wish you a speedy recovery to full health... and once you are back in full action maybe offer cool discounts to win back your customers! :love::cool:

Last edited:
I don't think it makes sense to doubt or criticise the time-out in any way.

Yes, @au lait's sudden absence was surprising and I just wanted to order more addons from him, but that's the way it is.

He was very active until the end, both in updating the XF2 addons and in support. I think it's unfair to accuse him of his initial aversion to XF2.

I hope that @au lait will soon recover and then find the fun again. I think some of his addons are the most useful on the market and he is one of the most reliable Xenforo addon developers...

I am deeply shocked! today 3 complaints fluttered into my house about PayPal. There a user for 3 Add-Ons (bought in September 2018 and since then downloaded several times in different versions), demands the money back. Reason. Page closed! It's not like he didn't get anything:

I can understand brogan very well right now. with what he wrote here!
It's just not fun anymore!

This can be handled easily with Paypal. It is just annoying.

If you write a good statement to Paypal, they won't grant those cases to the buyer.

If you write a good statement to Paypal, they won't grant those cases to the buyer.

They probably will, but in these cases they will often give the buyer their money but without taking it off the seller. But yes, the seller needs to make their case to Paypal.

Unfortunately if the Paypal user is claiming because he/she has paid for licences including support for 12 months and that support has since been withdrawn, I can see where he/she might have a legitimate claim.

However, the correct/civil way to go about it would be to contact au lait first under the circumstances rather than go about it like a bull in a china shop.

Au lait could always 'cease trading' and tell Paypal that he has done so due to ill health, and request that the Paypal account be closed. There will be no winners in this.

As the saying goes... Illegitimi non carborundum

@au lait I paid/renewed on Jan 19th and did not even download the latest versions. Can you provide me that? If not, would you consider it unfair if I ask for refund? Interested in knowing your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom