1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenForo's in other directories in the same domain with 1 licence

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by rafass, Dec 29, 2014.

1. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You cannot. You will need separate licenses.

3. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Oki. it's reasonable.
    Sorry, I misunderstood this part in the area of frequently asked questions:
    Thanks for your quick reply! @Jeremy (y)

4. Jeremy

You are able to install separate languages to your forum so it can be viewed (- content) in different languages.

rafass likes this.
  5. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

I see, Thanks.
    So, according with this:
    It's ok if I have: http://my-domain.com/tests
    How can I protect it with password and made that limitations? (I'll use it only for tests)

6. Jeremy

If you are on Apache, .htaccess is required.

rafass likes this.
  7. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

8. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

If he means the same forum but /english for English and /french for French that's fine right? Might need some custom development but that'd just be some kind of language setting route.

rafass likes this.
  9. Jeremy

Yes, if those are custom developed routes to set languages, it should be fine. It may be extremely difficult to prefix all routes with the language so that you can have it /french/forums/1/, etc.

Robust likes this.
  10. BobbyWibowo

BobbyWibowo Well-Known Member

Uhm, just wondering, but can't we just put the test board inactive from the Admin CP? Besides administrators can access inactive installation anyway.

rafass likes this.
  11. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

https://xenforo.com/license-agreement/
    It is still web-accessible when you put the board as inactive.

Robust likes this.
  12. Jeremy

This is not enough to satisfy the requirements set forth by the license agreement.

13. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Curious why not? (Just wondering no conspiracies)

14. Jeremy

See the post before mine. The license agreement requires further protection.

15. BobbyWibowo

BobbyWibowo Well-Known Member

Yeah well, I do notice that. I was just simply wondering because if the intention is to prevent license holder from using it as live installation, then putting it inactive should have been enough. No need to mark those parts with big font size really, it's like you're throwing the agreement on my face, lol.

16. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

No, it's to emphasize the portion that you had questions about. WHY they specify that was a decision they made - but they DID decide that putting it in an inactive state was not enough. By purchasing a license you agree to it.

17. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that when a board is inactive, then it is not accessible. If I am going to do work or n upgrade, I close down my forum from the ACP, does this still mean it is accessible?

18. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The license agreement specifically states that it should be password protected.

19. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Do you mean it needs a password that is not the same as the admin password which (I presume) protects a closed forum?

20. TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS Member

Yes, you would basically be protecting the whole forum by putting a password on the directory it's in. That way, only the person with the password could see any parts of the test forum.