XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. - library/XenForo/DataWrit

Kane Hart

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:392

Ever had this error? I think it might be from the following. I'm moving my site from one server to another. The times I think

old: Sat Apr 30 20:48:02 CDT 2011
new: Sat Apr 30 12:47:56 CDT 2011

What I'm doing is a shared database and linking the 2 sites while dns changes over...

Could this be what is causing it?

Is there a way around I assume changing the clock?

Seams like changing the old time to the new time has fixed the problem I think... Is there better way to so called reset this or is the only best way to remove the old forums and just make them wait for dns change?

It's worth noting that one of those server's is about 8 hours out from the actual time. The issue would naturally resolve itself after the new server reaches the old server's time.

If you're doing 2 servers connecting to the same DB server, it is very important that their times are synced. All hell would break loose otherwise (as you see).

It's worth noting that one of those server's is about 8 hours out from the actual time. The issue would naturally resolve itself after the new server reaches the old server's time.

If you're doing 2 servers connecting to the same DB server, it is very important that their times are synced. All hell would break loose otherwise (as you see).
Yup haha. Thanks I know what to do next time. I don't think I have ever had a second server from the same datacenter 8 hours off.

Top Bottom