Xenforo User Map [Deleted]

localhost8080

localhost8080 submitted a new resource:

Xenforo User Map - User map generated on Google Map from user's profile location

This extension is for free, if you request it until christmas. To refund my time and investment, I'll take 15 Euros for each domain licence that's requested after christmas.

This extensions generates a user map with all your forum users who filled out their location field in their profile.

On installation, this extension will geolocate your user settings.

IMPORTANT: due to Google Maps API limitation, the installation time depends on your user amount. It takes about 1 second to geolocate 10 users.

So if you have...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Hm...Too bad.... After hanging quite some while at the very first step, installation ends up with an error500 :( Nothing in the server's error.log)

Yes, it has been generated. My guess is that max_execution_time here might be a problem.... Does the add-on go through all the users in the database? There might be too many?

How much users do you have in your database? It iterates throug every location in users profile

Has the map site been enabled?

There are about 50 000 users.

Since no template has been checked or altered nothing seemed to have happened but the creation of the db....

Which path should the map have?

I have just stopped the time, after appr. 40 sec. there is probably a memory_limit or something similar.

okay, I tried it once again and it works without problems.

I'd need an anonymized dump of that much users to check whats wrong... could you arrange this?

now, I changed the geolocation not to use Google Maps Api, so that the limitation doesnt exist anymore.

but, there is the problem now that the script runs into a serverside timeout when geolocating much data

Code:
mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 300 seconds

so, I think I will write some code that has to be run from command line.

now, I changed the geolocation not to use Google Maps Api, so that the limitation doesnt exist anymore.

but, there is the problem now that the script runs into a serverside timeout when geolocating much data

Code:
mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 300 seconds

so, I think I will write some code that has to be run from command line.
yep ran into that last night.. up it to 300 and it worked..
Hi,

I have increased the connection timeout value to "300" in the server.
Please check it and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Awesome add-on :)(y)

But a more neutral name than mopedmap in the URL would have been nice :notworthy:
Not everybody is running a motorbike forum:barefoot: Anyway

I used little sail boats as icons :love:

Hi :) Firstly, Thanks for the add-on :)

Just installed (600 users here on my board)... Relevant correct user groups selected, however Map comes up but is completely empty :(

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom