Xenforo User Map [Deleted]

what my api? this is just a stupid google api call that loads of other users have used already#

Code:
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/
If you are referring to my post (makes it kind of hard to tell when there is no associated quote) - no, I'm referring to Paul. From what I understand, all apps that utilize the Google Maps API should have a key.

Direct from their site:
Code:
All Maps API applications* should load the Maps API using an API key. Using an API key enables you to monitor your application's Maps API usage, and ensures that Google can contact you about your application if necessary. If your application's Maps API usage exceeds the Usage Limits, you must load the Maps API using an API key in order to purchase additional quota.

Last edited:
Just reinstalled after 48 hours. Still nothing :( :(

From mopedmap.log....
Code:
"error_message" : "You have exceeded your daily request quota for this API.",
   "results" : [],
   "status" : "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT"
@Paul... I found this post when doing some research. Apparently the json request ties back to the IP, and in certain conditions it will be the ISP IP.. and that can cause the an Over Query Limit problem.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6766222/google-maps-v3-api-over-query-limit-but-just-1-request

Wow - Thanks guys :)

Thanks for the kind offer Localhost, however doesn't that mean that it will be good as of now, and because of these issues it'll never update with new users etc??

Isnt there just some kind of way I can add my Google Maps API v3 into the code (or maybe the option to add the key in the Admin Gui), and then this problem would be gone once and for all??? Just a thought to make it more usable for all... I mean the API is free for up to 25K access per day - that's plenty!!!

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key

Tracy - you are probably right. I'm on Shared (Cloud) hosting, and suspect someone on the same IP is hammering the API server.... or multiples of course!

cheers for all your pointers guys :)

Paul

Very nice plugin. I am actually trying it on my local dev server. So far, so good.
A question though, could it be also possible to hide the button in the menu bar to the usergroups that are not allowed to see the map?

localhost8080 updated Xenforo User Map with a new update entry:

Clustered map & importer for vossi vbuletin user map

Version 1.0.5, 2013-12-20

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just wanted to add that after the problems above, a manual command line update mentioned in the readme, all seems to be working ok :)

Many thanks for your assistance :)

Paul

Just noticed - The map still includes people that have been Banned. Any way of removing these people from the Map at all (if they are banned they shouldn't appear really...)

cheers

Hello.
Thanks for update. Have an issue alike Paul did. User Map doesn't show users. Version 1.0.6. I assume that it may be caused by my firewall, but not sure. ACP configuration is correct.

Last edited:
Top Bottom