1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo user authentication

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by aman, Dec 31, 2010.

1. aman

aman Member

I am thinking of using Xenforo forum user credentials as a form of authentication for an Android application. Are there any sort of login hooks? I do have access to database, but I do not know how the passwords are encrypted.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you associate your forum account with your customer account and then I can move this thread to the relevant forum.

3. aman

aman Member

I am an admin to my friend's forum. He bought the license but he doesn't do the backend stuff. If you want I could try to ask him to let me login through his account.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your friend can add up to 4 forum accounts to his customer account.
    This is specifically for instances such as this so site staff can access the customer forums :)

5. aman

aman Member

Ah great. Thank you. I will let him know but i'll probably have to do it myself since he is quite noobish at these things, :p

6. aman

aman Member

I've been looking through the authenticate class. I still don't understand how the "remember key" column in the database is generated from the password.