1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo: the best invention since sliced bread

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by erich37, Mar 21, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

maaa-an, how I miss the countless long nights hunting for bugs and customizing my website when still using software like BuddyPress and Wordpress :( and nearly freaked out on all that crappy stuff.

Not that I am getting more sleep now, I am awake because of excitement over XenForo.
    You guys really created a marvellous piece of software - no more hunting for bugs for me anymore (y)

Thank you XenForo, you guys rock!
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I said this from the start. Sleepless nights, a thing of the past. worrying over an upcoming upgrade? Yeah worrying if you'll beat the 2 minutes to download, upload, install and update your style record.
    laztrix and trilogy33 like this.
  3. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

Implied nod.
    Actual nod >>> [​IMG]
  4. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

To be calling Wordpress crappy is bit far-fetched, but XenForo is indeed on a promising path :)
    Rigel Kentaurus and Kier like this.
  5. DaKat

DaKat Well-Known Member

I need to update my site still running on some <cough>other</cough>software, but darned if I think I can even remember how!
    Peggy likes this.
  6. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

The only headache I've got is saving up money to get a license and then learning the ins and out of the software. I played with the demo and liked it quite a lot but as I am completely used to IPS, it's going to take some time learning XF as well. Anyhow, cheers.
    Dragonfly likes this.
  7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

well, it takes some time as with any other software out there. It does not take any longer as learning how to use WordPress, but the difference is that XenForo makes much more fun learning how to use it. It might take you more time when you use Plugins of third-party-developers, same as when using plugins (or what the heck they call it there, I forgot) of third-party-developers at WordPress.
    But I am using just XF-default with a few color-changes and a bit of custom HTML and that works just perfect.