XenForo LiteSpeed Cache [Deleted]

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
A new version is now available, considerably more stable, and with all the issues worked out as far as we can tell!

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/litespeed-cache-community.5047/

Slavik submitted a new resource:

XenForo LiteSpeed Cache - Massively reduce your database queries when running LiteSpeed Web Server.

Even on the busiest of forums, the majority of queries and server load often come from guest users browsing the forum. This can be even more evident if you have sudden flash visits to your site following some sort of promotion or event.

This addon works in conjunction with LiteSpeed's Enterprise Web Server to leverage the caching mechanism in LiteSpeed to create a 60 second rolling window of all pages accessed on your site for guest users.

This includes most notably:

The Forum Homepage...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Wolla Wolla! Is this add-on idiot proof that someone who's running LiteSpeed in its default configuration (through WHM plugin) can install and have no issues?

Wolla Wolla! Is this add-on idiot proof that someone who's running LiteSpeed in its default configuration (through WHM plugin) can install and have no issues?

Nope, read the install instructions.

Is this compatible/can cache with Multisite plugin used sites with different domains and sub domains?

No idea how the multisite addon works or functions technically, so can't comment. Give it a try, I guess.

No idea how the multisite addon works or functions technically, so can't comment. Give it a try, I guess.

If you want i can give the licensed plugin to test. I am still not using it in a live site.
I can test it my self but don't have enough knowledge about litespeed cache to give conclusions or debug issues.

I would love to know this as well. If you try it, please post the results. I'm currently in import & development phase, so cant try it out yet.
same here bro. Still not on a live site and have no expert skills on litespeed cache to identify problems with the plugin.

It doesn't works for me :
  • Addon installed (members haven't been disconnected during the installation process).
  • Litespeed configured.
  • .htaccess lines added.

It doesn't works for me :
  • Addon installed (members haven't been disconnected during the installation process).
  • Litespeed configured.
  • .htaccess lines added.
Do you use a cache for the sessions or are they stored in the db?

Here is my actual config.php file (I don't think I'm caching the sessions) :
PHP:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;

$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions']['hashed_directory_level'] = '2';

/*$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions']['hashed_directory_level'] = '1';/

/*$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;*/

It's really strange, I manually truncated the xf_session table, but it doesn't log out anyone.

So the addon looks working, the only problem is that since I can't log out my members, none have the "skipCache" cookie.

No, since my members are not logged out, none have the skipPageCache cookie (so anyone can see a random member or guest's view ^^).

If your not caching the sessions, you must have something altering them in some way or something, considering the install code truncates the xf session table.

If your not caching the sessions, you must have something altering them in some way or something, considering the install code truncates the xf session table.

That's really strange since I trucated the xf_session table (it was empty), and none have been disconnected.

Top Bottom