XF 2.0 XenForo has any cron job system?

KhanTastic

Hi friends,

I am new to this beautiful software, loving it just installed verison 2 and works perfect.
I did search here before posting about cron job, but got some random posts and really can not understand if I have to setup a cron job for my board or no need its built in etc?

Appreciate your information, as I do not want to end up with problems later when I put my forum live for public :)

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers

What is your particular interest in a Cron job, though? We have a system which runs necessary jobs periodically but that's essentially supposed to be transparent to most users so I'm just wondering if you have a particular reason for asking.

What is your particular interest in a Cron job, though? We have a system which runs necessary jobs periodically but that's essentially supposed to be transparent to most users so I'm just wondering if you have a particular reason for asking.
Because I used many other scripts for various websites, most of them using cron job because it keeps sending emails, alerts, reminders to the site users per cron job run.
That's why I thought XF might has the same, as I want my users to receive alerts from my forum, it keeps the board alive and bring the traffic back :)

Top Bottom