XenForo Forum with Nginx fastcgi_cache full page guest caching

XenForo Forum with Nginx fastcgi_cache full page guest caching

Azaly

This do not work if I want to use default contact form, so I just edited footer template to disable overlay. Alas. I hoped form is loaded via ajax. Anyway thank you.

maxicep

Haven't explore that yet, not sure how to do it also.
So that cache method is bad choice for caching the files to guests.
Because, homepage should be more dynamic than thread pages.

If i set the cache time as like 5min, it is nothing the effect to performance.

SpecialK

So we've been using this method of caching for several years with great success, but now are running into an issue. What's happening is that if a banned IP visits the site while logged out, and receives the banned IP message, then that message is cached for future visitors. It caused quite a bit of confusion before I was able to figure out that's what was going on.

What would be the recommended fix for this? Set a "banned_ip" cookie if the IP is banned, and then configure nginx to check for that? Maybe just send a nocache header from PHP so that nginx can catch that? Something else?

SpecialK

Or much better ban those ip on Nginx level, not within xenforo (much easier).
Yes, and that's the backup plan. But the forum moderators/administrators don't have access to modify the nginx configuration, so doing that removes their ability to ban IPs, and I'll need to figure out if it's a suitable solution.

rdn

I guess there's no other way to exclude banned IP request, unless they have special cookie also.