• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
XenForo Forum with Nginx fastcgi_cache full page guest caching

XenForo Forum with Nginx fastcgi_cache full page guest caching

RoldanLT

RoldanLT submitted a new resource:

XenForo Forum with Nginx fastcgi_cache full page guest caching - Capture returned data and persist it to a disk based cache store for a configurable amount of time.

View attachment 145348
Nginx includes a FastCGI module which has directives for caching dynamic content that are served from the PHP backend. Setting this up removes the need for additional page caching solutions like reverse proxies (think Varnish) or application specific plugins. Content can also be excluded from caching based on the request method, URL, cookies, or any other server variable.
First credits to @eva2000...
Read more about this resource...

RoldanLT

Amin Sabet

I don't have this exact line in my (uncustomized) helper_login_form and login_bar_form templates:

Code:
<label class="rememberPassword"><input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_pageLogin_remember" tabindex="3" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>

RoldanLT

I don't have this exact line in my (uncustomized) helper_login_form and login_bar_form templates:

Code:
<label class="rememberPassword"><input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_pageLogin_remember" tabindex="3" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>
Maybe that is child from premium/custom theme?
Default XF style has it.

Just find this:
<label class="rememberPassword">

vanucci

Maybe that is child from premium/custom theme?
Default XF style has it.

Just find this:
I also dont have this line in the login_bar_form but i did in helper_login_form
I'm using a custom theme. Shoul di still make the changes for default ?

Amin Sabet

This is the one I have (PixelExit FA+ style)

helper_login_form:

Code:
<label for="ctrl_remember" class="rememberPassword" style="visibility: visible;"><input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_pageLogin_remember" tabindex="3" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>
login_bar_form:

Code:
<label for="ctrl_remember" class="rememberPassword"><input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_remember" tabindex="103" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>
xb_alt_login:

Code:
            <input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_pageLogin_remember" tabindex="4" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>
xb_sidebar_login

Code:
<label for="ctrl_remember" class="rememberPassword"><input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_rememberSide" tabindex="203" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>
I will try replacing all those.

RoldanLT

Server was setup plain and basic :D.
Just hosted on single medium spec Dedicated Server.

With:
  • PHP 7.1.0 / Zend Opcache
  • MariaDB 10.1.20, no MyIsam table
  • Nginx 1.11.7, Minimal install
  • Redis Caching
  • Massive Caching on Cloudflare + WEBP and Polish
That can speedup with Brotli and Pagespeed, but still a little bit buggy.

Amin Sabet

Two suggestions for the resource:

1) Consider mentioning that one may want to disable pagespeed module and [bd] cache page for guests before doing this.

2) Consider explaining how one can verify that fastcgi cache is working properly after following your instructions.

Amin Sabet

Any major downside to setting all of these to 1h:

Code:
fastcgi_cache_valid     200 202 302 404 403 5m;
fastcgi_cache_valid     301 1h;
fastcgi_cache_valid     any 1m;
I don't need my guests to see new posts more often than hourly, do I?