Integrate Pepipost with XENFORO Community and start sending emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you offer multi domain support included with the 1 million free? I currently use Mailgun and they pool my monthly free allowed over any domain I add. Do you offer forwarding too where I can set your server as my POP3 and it forwards to where I set? Do you offer mailing lists? These are all features I currently use with Mailgun.

Been using pepipost for a while now, definitely the best transactional email service I have used.
The dashboard is so nice too, and actually what won me over. Love the live feed.
Sending nearly 20,000 emails a month.

Edit: I have previously used.. Mandrill, SendGrid, Mailgun, sendinblue, Postmark, SparkPost and elasticemail.

I must say.. Pepipost is awesome stuff! Set it up tonight for a new upcoming coming project and Jenny helped me every step of the way via live chat. Very friendly and helpful. Having to deal in the past with support for Mandrill and Mailgun for clients and dealing with Pepipost was a much better experience. They really treat you like a customer, not just another user id. Them being a superhero theme makes them cool too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Once you’ve used up your 100 million free email credits or the validity of 1 year expires (whichever happens first), you will be automatically be shifted to our regular plan. In this, you get 25,000 monthly emails free. After that, you’ll only be charged for emails that are not opened ($1 for 5000 emails).
I don't really understand that.
The receiver doesn't read the email, you charge for that?
Can be read only on your site? Otherwise how do you know that he/she didn't read it?

I don't really understand that.
The receiver doesn't read the email, you charge for that?
Can be read only on your site? Otherwise how do you know that he/she didn't read it?

When you send emails, by default we deduct credits for all the emails. Because at the time of sending we don't know which all emails will get open in future.
Once the emails are successfully sent and users start opening the email we track which emails are being opened. And for those opens, we credit back the email credits to your account. This is how the process works. It's completely transparent and all credit backs happen in real time.

In a case of Transactional emails like XF forum alerts we have observed an average open rate of 60%. Hence, in such a scenario 60% of your credits will be back and you end up paying for only 40% of your email. The more the open rate, lesser will be your cost of sending emails.

And, under this offer you will get unlimited transactional emails for 3 months, there will be no cost for you :)

Last edited:
Back to the original question:
Mail can be read on any email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Thunder Bird etc.
We track opens using the 1 pixel hidden image technology which is the common industry practice.
But, there are times when mail client blocks the auto display of images, in those cases even we consider any link clicks inside the email as "open".

We track opens using the 1 pixel hidden image technology which is the common industry practice.
But, there are times when mail client blocks the auto display of images, in those cases even we consider any link clicks inside the email as "open".
That's how my email client works.
When I receive emails images are hidden.
I read them.
Usually I don't click on links.
So the email I receive from your company would be considered as unread.

That's how my email client works.
When I receive emails images are hidden.
I read them.
Usually I don't click on links.
So the email I receive from your company would be considered as unread.

@whynot Most of the new age and new versions of email clients by default load/display the images.
Hence it's possible to track the open rate with better accuracy.

Here are the Email clients wise stats for your reference:

Email Clients
- By Default Display Images

WebMail

AOL Mail (Chrome) - No
AOL Mail (Firefox) - Yes
AOL Mail (IE) - No
Gmail (Chrome) - Yes
Gmail (Firefox) - Yes
Gmail (IE) - Yes
GMX (Chrome) Yes
Outlook.com (Chrome) Sometimes
Outlook.com (Firefox) Sometimes
Outlook.com (IE) Sometimes
Web.de (Chrome) Yes
Yahoo! Mail (Chrome) No
Yahoo! Mail (Firefox) No
Yahoo! Mail (IE) No
Apple Mail Yes

Desktop
Lotus Notes 8.5 No
Outlook 2000-2003 No
Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016 No
Outlook 2011 (Outlook for Mac) No
Thunderbird Yes

Mobile

Android 4.x (Native email client) - No
AOL Alto Mail app- No
AOL Mail (Android browser) - No
AOL Mail (iPhone browser) - No
BlackBerry OS7 - No
BlackBerry Z10 - No
Gmail (Android browser) - Yes
Gmail (iPhone browser) - Yes
Gmail app (Android) - Yes
Gmail app (iOS) - Yes
iOS 6.x (Native email client) - Yes
Mailbox (iOS) - Yes
Outlook.com (Android browser) - Sometimes
Outlook.com (iPhone browser) - Sometimes
Windows Mobile 7.5 - No
Windows Phone 8 - No
Yahoo! app (Android) - No
Yahoo! app (iOS) - No
Yahoo! Mail (Android browser) - No
Yahoo! Mail (iPhone browser) - Yes

@whynot Most of the new age and new versions of email clients by default load/display the images.
Hence it's possible to track the open rate with better accuracy.
Good luck with them.
My email clients are strictly set to: Not to display images.
Some of the spam is tricky, I'm not sure they are spam or not.
Open them.
Without the above setting they would know that the email's been read.
In AOL I cannot even click on links in the email without clicking somewhere else to permit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom