Complete Xenforo 2.x & 1.x Custom Services Expert Company | + 8 Years Experience

In 15 years of working online i have never had such a bad experience as i had with forumcube

I was scammed by forumcube (fahad and usman)

the quality of his work is very bad, and his attitude and communication skills even worse, there tech skills are a joke!

now i am fighting them on upwork.com for a 50% refund

if anyone is considering hiring forumcube please contact me in private first and i will show you the details.

In 15 years of working online i have never had such a bad experience as i had with forumcube

the quality of his work is very bad, and his attitude and communication skills even worse, there tech skills are a joke!

if anyone is considering hiring forumcube please contact me in private first and i will show you the details.
Sorry you have had a bad experience with Fahad and his team. We have had exactly the opposite of your experience, the utmost in professionalism and fantastic in communicating with us and our team. Fahad also stayed on past the contract time to take care of some bugs. We will surely be working with them in the future.

We hired FC to remake 4 addons for our transaction from Vbulletin to Xenforo2. The overall experience was good and we plan to use them for future addons, but they're a bit expensive. Communication is professional, turnaround time is on par with other developers and understanding of the projects requirements is also good.

The one issue we had was a bug that was fixed, but then undone twice with future updates to the same addon.

Aside from that, I would rate ForumCube 8.5/10 and would recommend them to others.
(would have been 9 if there prices were a little lower)

Question. Is @ForumCube a scammer or is the quality of his work bad? Because in the second case, it is not necessarily a scam.
And then, since you've been kind enough to write in public that Forumcube is a scammer, why do not you show them in public instead of showing them in public, giving Forumcube a chance to defend himself against your accusations?

Last edited:
We are working on XF projects from last couple of years now and this long thread is great endorsement for our service quality & standards. Every member in this thread is verified XF customer and most of them are active members as well.

Our company's policy & standards not encourage us to respond to individual case on public platforms because we believe that every customer who worked with us is entitled to have their opinion about our services. We take criticism just as positively as praises for our services.

Now just to register our side of story, I can write a very short overview of how things unfolded on our side.
  • We were selected to work on a specific project for a customer on UpWork.
  • Escrow was requested and funded by the client
  • We completed the project & presented that on our demo
  • Once client was happy with the results we asked for escrow release, which was rejected and client demanded the package first (which is unusual)
  • We still gone out of our way and provided the full package to the customer without any payment from escrow.
  • Client faced few issues related to Cloudflare and his server setup those were not related to our plugin but he blamed all those on us
  • We again gone out of scope to even support those issues and helped the customer at every possible step
  • Finally we received message from customer that everything is working fine
  • Now just few days after out of nowhere client released 50% escrow and closed the project with notes, "Your product is broken"
  • When we started asking the client what exactly he didn't liked or what was really wrong, we were not given any answers at all
  • Than we started dispute against client on UpWork.
  • Once we were in dispute, client forced us to either take it back or we will be losing reputation on XenForo and might face legal action against us
  • This behavior and all these events just gave us more confidence to stand against the client
  • In the end dispute ended in our favor and we have the full amount.
This is the short version of all the events in sequence. Our success rate for project delivery is greater than 99% and our client repetition is above 70% but unfortunately nothing is perfect in this world so sometimes things simply doesn't work out well. We never hesitated to refund a client just because he didn't liked our work. This particular case is in isolation, as he was just trying to bully and threat us for accepting his proposal.

in the end, ForumCube is a team with great passion and we love every single customer of ours. We're largely a services based company and we understand the importance of great customer relationship.

@delicatebobster I spoke in English, if you don't understand it's your problem. But, as courtesy, I will repeat the question.
Since you've been kind enough to blame, publicly, @ForumCube, could you show, publicly the details of your accusations?
Because it is neither honest nor correct to accuse people publicly but to keep privately the details of accusations.
In all the legal systems of the world this would be considered "defamation".
I do not know in yours.

Did I express my question sufficiently clearly?

This type of thing happens from time to time, but you were wise to choose UpWork escrow which ensures you both get what was agreed to.

This type of thing happens from time to time, but you were wise to choose UpWork escrow which ensures you both get what was agreed to.
It is not a mathematical rule.
The escrow systems protect those who know how to master them, who know the rules in detail and is able to return them to the less-skilled user.
They are not necessarily secure systems, unfortunately.

Question. Is @ForumCube a scammer or is the quality of his work bad? Because in the second case, it is not necessarily a scam.
And then, since you've been kind enough to write in public that Forumcube is a scammer, why do not you show them in public instead of showing them in public, giving Forumcube a chance to defend himself against your accusations?

I can't opine to the events that occurred between ForumCube and this other client as obviously none of us know the specifics outside of those 2 parties. I will reiterate my previous experience with FC and that was extremely positive. ForumCube is in my opinion the top tier shop for add-on development - they have a great reputation, a full team of people to handle your needs and the ability to handle extremely complex projects. In full honesty, along with the top tier shop, you also pay top dollar.

When I often have smaller dev requests/modifications, I'll try out newer/freelance developers as the cost savings can be substantial HOWEVER when it comes to any complex/signficant add-on project, this is where ForumCube comes in. Through my experiences with them they can handle any size project and understand all the complexities. It is run like a true SDLC project with planning, dev, testing and go-live support. This structure can be the difference between a successful or failed project.

Great team... they know what they are talking about... if you want specific Xenforo customization... this is the company to go.

100% recommended

An happy customer :)

A little hard to communicate with at first, but was finally able to get exactly what I wanted, far before I expected, after shooting off a few rounds of messages.

Would recommend them and I will be a returning customer when in need of something else.

Ohh this guy Fahad was here making business.

So i used to work with him on 2017 for integrating forum new style and some more vB plugins. I have large vB forum with 20M ++ post and had wasted a lot working with him.

• The result was very bad. His team wasn't not so skillful. He even can't solve issues i've raised.
  • His price was over expensive comparing with his results and efforts, 50% of payment will be getting him quite luxurious life in Pakistan. He's very nice before getting your money. Once received the money, he's act differently and sometimes will losing focus with your requests. Communication with him will get haywire.
  • He is just a supervisor of his team. You can't technically ask him directly about technical as he don't know anything about programming. You must explain what you need exactly to him or you will get wrong direction of work results.

So far i never use the new style because his team can't solve some issues. I paid for 4 built custom plugin to him but only 1 was perfectly working.

Not recommended.

I will admit I was hesitant at first dealing with a foreign company to build my forum. The price seamed almost to good to be true and was almost 50% the cost of the US based companies I got quotes from.

I started emailing Fahad and then we had a couple of Skype calls. From the day of our first skype call, never once have I had to wait on them, they are always waiting on me. They met every deadline, have answered every question and solved every problem.

I could not be more pleasantly surprised with the quality of work, the price and the timeline.

They built me a completely new custom forum with many custom add ons. Excellent company to do business with. 5 Stars for Team ForumCube...

Not sure what happened to my records, but I swear I left a review of these guys.
I'm going to keep it brief, but I've hired them a year or two ago for a big project. To be fair the project was complex, and I knew some developmental challenges were possible.

The problem with this company was that it was extremely hard for them to grasp complex concepts and they had no talent for UI/UX design and I had to mention the obvious. For small projects, I can see them being very efficient. For complex projects, tread carefully as they may do what they did to me. Give me a different product than what I've wanted and then try to do whatever they can to justify a no refund.

Their main problem is they say they can do things in theory and then after they end up running into problems, they won't offer to cancel the project with a full refund. This is a common issue in software dev freelance work.

I spent hundreds of dollars and two months of time on them and eventually found other solutions and still haven't used their product to this day.
Also, upwork isn't safe for consumers. The way they work is that they force you to pay a $300 nonrefundable fee to hire a third-party arbitrator, whether you win or not, so the consumer will lose and it's a game of chicken for their dispute process.

Ohh this guy Fahad was here making business.

So i used to work with him on 2017 for integrating forum new style and some more vB plugins. I have large vB forum with 20M ++ post and had wasted a lot working with him.

• The result was very bad. His team wasn't not so skillful. He even can't solve issues i've raised.
  • His price was over expensive comparing with his results and efforts, 50% of payment will be getting him quite luxurious life in Pakistan. He's very nice before getting your money. Once received the money, he's act differently and sometimes will losing focus with your requests. Communication with him will get haywire.
  • He is just a supervisor of his team. You can't technically ask him directly about technical as he don't know anything about programming. You must explain what you need exactly to him or you will get wrong direction of work results.

So far i never use the new style because his team can't solve some issues. I paid for 4 built custom plugin to him but only 1 was perfectly working.

Not recommended.
I had a similar experience with him and you hit the nail with your points. What forumcube should have done is admit to a poor result and refund the project until the product is fixed. Communication was awful and they eventually put the blame on me.

Their method is to say they will do what they can to fix it and when development turns sour, they tell you they will give you "free extended support" while the product is useless and different from what you need.

Seeing that others had similar experiences, hire these guys for small to medium projects only. Don't agree to an assignment with too much cost up front.

Working with ForumCube was a very pleasant experience for a change, I have done a lot of work with freelancers for work on Joomla and rarely are the services worth what I pay. In this case they quoted a fee for a xenForo 2 Joomla bridge, and they provided the functionality for the price quoted. There were tweaks to the aesthetics and functionality, and they fixed it without complaints. When the code was moved to my live site with all the nuances that arise, they trouble shot issues and resolved them. I would without hesitation use them again on future projects.

I wanted to transfer the Drummerworld Forum (180'000 members) from V-Bulletin to Xenforo.
I found Forumcube and received a reliable offer. The work started immediatly and everything ran smooth and professionally.
The forum works now like a charm: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php. After implementing i wanted some
graphics and little things to change - was done within hours - I'm really perfectly satisfied.
i can recommend Forumcube without any doubt - Well done - Congaratulations!!

I wanted to transfer the Drummerworld Forum (180'000 members) from V-Bulletin to Xenforo.
I found Forumcube and received a reliable offer. The work started immediatly and everything ran smooth and professionally.
The forum works now like a charm: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php. After implementing i wanted some
graphics and little things to change - was done within hours - I'm really perfectly satisfied.
i can recommend Forumcube without any doubt - Well done - Congaratulations!!
Thanks Bernhard, We will be looking forward to work with you again.

Top Bottom