Painbaker's development services

Painbaker

Custom development services:

I am developing low and medium difficulty add-ons for XF 2.x (only).

My skills:
  • PHP 7+ (with respecting modern development standards)
  • MySQL
  • Little bit front-end Javascript, HTML, CSS/LESS.
  • Git basics
  • Mind mapping
My services:
  • Custom add-on development or improving the existing add-ons (if that possible)
  • Database schema design, query optimization (slightly)

Popular ideas that allow to sell as a paid resource - much cheaper.
PS: Payment only to Paypal/VISA card. With prepayment 50%.

Last edited:
It rejected again.. It doesn't give me a reason unfortunately!

1611826782922.webp

I don't mind contacting my bank to try and resolve whatever the issue is, it's just an extra problem when it invalidates your promo code on a failed payment.

@Oblivion Knight
It is sad. Unfortunately, I can not contact PayU support (accept requests only from the buyer).
After click on "check payment" button you should see information message, where you should contact: https://russia.payu.com/en/payu-support/

If you contact them or your bank, please keep me informed if the reasons for the rejection are on my side .

I will renew invalidated codes.

WARNING: I do not recommend working with this team of developers.
Upon paying for some minor custom development work, we received note that our custom add-on was released publicly to everyone via the same developers who created our custom solution. This was NOT covered in our original agreements and is nowhere posted by the two individuals who completed this work. When I asked about this, they stated that this was in their original advertised work descriptions, unless we paid for exclusivity earlier on. This was not described in their thread posts or between us (the client) before the work was completed and the deliverable was provided.

After waiting more than a month for responses, it's not worth my exclusivity anymore as the source is now plastered across the internet on various illegal websites. What a waste of private development work.
If you're looking for someone to develop your services who can keep your projects private, I'd recommend steering away from this service.
We were deceived from the developers, and I will never be working with @Ozzy47 or @Painbaker again in the future. Stay away from them!

Last edited:
This is a failure of communication on the part of both parties, at the very least. They have it labeled on their development thread, but they should have followed up in conversation. You on the other hand, when contracting for any work, should have also specified it needed to remain private.

The add-on in question isn't something that is of a sensitive nature, and you saved a lot by it being public versus it being private.

I have so far had several add-ons made (that I always say to make public), or have funded features for public add-ons and have had no issues to date. If anything, @Painbaker works incredibly quickly and goes above and beyond to meet expectations for someone as picky and finicky as I am 🤷‍♂️.

I would take things as more of a learning experience, rather than burning a bridge with a developer that does good work for an affordable price. Most other developers charge $35-45+ an hour, and some have a minimum time that they will do work for.
Just quoting my other post because why not 🤷‍♂️.

Upon paying for some minor custom development work, we received note that our custom add-on was released publicly to everyone via the same developers who created our custom solution. This was NOT covered in our original agreements and is nowhere posted by the two individuals who completed this work. When I asked about this, they stated that this was in their original advertised work descriptions, unless we paid for exclusivity earlier on. This was not described in their thread posts or between us (the client) before the work was completed and the deliverable was provided.

After waiting more than a month for responses, it's not worth my exclusivity anymore as the source is now plastered across the internet on various illegal websites. What a waste of private development work.
If you're looking for someone to develop your services who can keep your projects private, I'd recommend steering away from this service.
We were deceived from the developers, and I will never be working with @Ozzy47 or @Painbaker again in the future. Stay away from them!

We appreciate your feedback.

By the way, I’ve just sent back your $40 donation from July 26th. We never charged you for the development, you donated what you wanted for the addon, because it wasn’t worth charging for.

By the way, I’ve just sent back your $40 donation from July 26th. We never charged you for the development, you donated what you wanted for the addon, because it wasn’t worth charging for.
My intentions were never to have this as a volunteer work.
Your instructions regarding the "donation" payment for your service was unclear to me, along with the structure of your work, overall services, and agreements. I've worked with many great developers from this community, this was the messiest by far.

Apologies for feeling dismayed by your services.
As I stated in our private conversation, nowhere did we discuss any exclusivity pricing. Again, I said that would have never been an issue if you'd provided us this information in the first place. Nowhere in your thread advertisement or profile do you state that all developmental work is owned by you and can be provided at any time to anyone else. $40 for an addon? What a steal! I was originally expecting the high hundreds by the end. The reason I took action so fast with choosing you to create this simple task was due to miscommunication of information throughout the entire service.

I do want to state that you (Ozzy) did try your best to reach out about the situation, without a response given back.
Your work was semi-thorough. However, I will choose to work with someone else in the future. My 100% honest review of the experience I had with you and Painbaker.

I highly recommend this developer.
He is professional, available, fair in price and above all with excellent human relations and a desire to solve problems in an optimal way.
I ordered several developments from him and I was always satisfied.

Custom development services:

I am developing low and medium difficulty add-ons for XF 2.x (only).

My skills:
  • PHP 7+ (with respecting modern development standards)
  • MySQL
  • Little bit front-end Javascript, HTML, CSS/LESS.
  • Git basics
  • Mind mapping
My services:
  • Custom add-on development or improving the existing add-ons (if that possible)
  • Database schema design, query optimization (slightly)

Popular ideas that allow to sell as a paid resource - much cheaper.
PS: Payment only to Paypal/VISA card. With prepayment 50%.
Super Services.

Everything goes superfast and my gray hairs are no longer there.

🤔...seems rather unusual.

Would be interesting to know which specific add-on this was.

I think @Forsaken has done a great job of thoroughly & very reasonably addressing this matter. Case closed.

Just wanted to add that it seems quite odd that anyone would even presume to expect exclusivity without specifically making this expectation absolutely clear right from the get-go.

My opinion is that exclusivity as a standard practice for developers, would simply be utterly absurd. Developers are not discount personal servants-nor cheap slaves. This is a legitimate job for them, although likely only a part-time/or second-possibly even third side job—which I can't imagine is all that profitable in general and as I currently understand things, the work itself is anywhere between bloody complicated through to outright nightmarish complexity.

So in light of failing to directly clarify one's exclusivity expectation to begin with, thusly means therefore I do not see any logically reasoned justification for such an expectation whatsoever.

Quite frankly based on the highly reactive response, it suggests possibly more than merely being an erroneous expectation and perhaps instead a false sense of entitlement. Now with all due respect, it just seems a completely ridiculous and entirely unreasonable subjective expectation to have for a meagre $40 custom job—which is roughly around an average mid-range add-on purchase price.

😂...oh, but then things get sillier subsequent to the OP quoted above, as then the $40 was fully refunded, so the developers actually have taken reasonable steps to resolve the rather onesided non-issue.

They did the work...yet they have had to surrender this $40 chump change donation simply to help resolve a subjective error which is not of their fault at all.

Honestly I think the shameless lack of reasonability or even a basic degree of gratitude for the full refund, is quite telling.

@Painbaker & @Ozzy47 have each helped me with numerous odd support jobs and of course these were done free of charge because I'd already purchased the products—and still, when I am able to, I make sure to show my appreciation for their help, via donating some extra cash.

I consider them both to be very reliable and indeed capable developers who of course I will also happily recommend to others.

Ultimately, this whole entitlement expectation thing is nonsense and developers deserve much more respect than the OP has failed to demonstrate here.

I bought a few things and was also advised to make them available to others. The prices are great and they deliver really quickly. Even at times when normal people are asleep or could be doing something better. You can't please everyone. As I said, I am satisfied and will continue to order.
Sorry, my Bavarian is better than English :)

80_.webp

Top Bottom