1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Xenforo 1.2.3 incorrect string at posts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by viktorlantos, Nov 22, 2013.

1. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Member

Cheers guys i hope you're able to help me out.

Using xenforo a while ago, but since the last 2 releases Xenforo 1.2.1, 1.2.2 i keep getting errors on links.
    Links in private messages and forum posts too. Currently running 1.2.3.

It's a little annoying. I've seen similar errors on other topics but seems this is A about the table encoding or B an extension conflict.

Here is my trace. I thought this is something about bookmark extension, but i am up to date with it and this worked fine in the older xenforo releases.

Maybe this is about the extension, but i would like to narrow it down before i go there.

If you can take a look i would appreciate that. This is allways appear when someone would post a spec URL link

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE4rken[...' for column 'message' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generated By: nebula, 10 perccel ezelőtt

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Member

And this one is form last week on private conversation

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xEDszhal...' for column 'message' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generated By: Alexander, Tegnap: 21:06

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Check the add-on that you have installed that fetches titles for links. It'd either need to be disabled or updated.

viktorlantos likes this.
  4. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Member

Thank you Mike. Spot on! :) This was not updated. Did that now so i am making a few tests to see if this solved.
    Speedie response i really appreciate that :)

5. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Member

Problem solved thank you again Mike :)