xenDigest [Paid] [Deleted]

netkingZ

netkingZ submitted a new resource:

xenDigest - xenDigest is the automatical NewsLetter system.

What is it?
xenDigest is the automatical NewsLetter system.

How does it work?
xenDigest is fully integrated in XenForo.

Admin:
- Can enable or disable the add-on
- Can insert the Slogan in the NewsLetter
- Can active Last Poll in the NewsLetter
- Can active latest Registered in the NewsLetter
- Can choose the number of latest Registered show
- Can Active the Daily , Weekly and Monthly system NewsLetter
- Can choose the number of "recent discussions" in the NewsLetter show

Read more about this resource...

How about all previous members on the forum, can I get all of them signed up - for the ones who chose to receieve emails from admins?

How about all previous members on the forum, can I get all of them signed up - for the ones who chose to receieve emails from admins?

Registered users above should be advised to choose one of the options from its preference pane. In doing so the system can then send the NewsLetter to those who have chosen to receive them.

Registered users above should be advised to choose one of the options from its preference pane. In doing so the system can then send the NewsLetter to those who have chosen to receive them.
So you can't initially force send the newsletter out to all current members who already do accept emails then? Because then the current members can simply opt out if they wish. I'd rather do that then post a request on the forum hoping existing members will sign up/opt in.

So you can't initially force send the newsletter out to all current members who already do accept emails then? Because then the current members can simply opt out if they wish. I'd rather do that then post a request on the forum hoping existing members will sign up/opt in.
We will evaluate whether to include this option in a future update.
Inviting users already registered to subscribe to the newsletter.

It was announced that from today there will be more information provided in connection with this add-on on this page, but we will use our website as an information base, specifically the section dedicated to the add-on (http://demo.netkingz.it/xenforo/index.php?forums/add-ons.39 /).

We invite all interested users with this add-on to put their questions in the special section on our website in reference to the add-ons that interests you.

On this site we report only the updates of the add-ons. invite anyone to ask their own questions within our website in the section dedicated to this add-on.

Last edited:
2 quick pre-purchase questions:

- for already existing users, can I automatically set so they would receive the newsletter?
- is the newsletter customizable with other functions from external plugins I have?

Are you planning to keep expanding this addon, or should this be considered 'as is´?
There are some nice features in this addon, but I need a lot more for it to be useful for my sites.
Without bounce management for example, this addon would get my sites blacklisted as a spammer.
It would be nice to be able to add featured content from the forums the user is most active in.
Is it possible to define email template designs?

Also: The footer that you use in your addon is not legal. You need to add an unsubscribe link.

Are you planning to keep expanding this addon, or should this be considered 'as is´?
There are some nice features in this addon, but I need a lot more for it to be useful for my sites.
Without bounce management for example, this addon would get my sites blacklisted as a spammer.
It would be nice to be able to add featured content from the forums the user is most active in.
Is it possible to define email template designs?

Also: The footer that you use in your addon is not legal. You need to add an unsubscribe link.

This is the version 1.0.1 , we are working to expand this add-on, give us the time we published this add-on only a few days ago. :)

It was announced that from today there will be more information provided in connection with this add-on on this page, but we will use our website as an information base, specifically the section dedicated to the add-on (http://demo.netkingz.it/xenforo/index.php?forums/add-ons.39 /).

We invite all interested users with this add-on to put their questions in the special section on our website in reference to the add-ons that interests you.

On this site we report only the updates of the add-ons. invite anyone to ask their own questions within our website in the section dedicated to this add-on.

I do not think this is a good idea. Actually it turns me off to be honest.

This is an addon, that does not run independantly from xenforo, so the place to discus it is the xenforo place here. If every developer starts to give support only on his own forum, then we all need to register on 50 different pages only to ask questions for all the addons we are using. This is a nightmare.

If you want to earn money with this addon, you should make it for your clients as much convenient as possible to interact with you. The more interaction you have, the better your addon will get through users suggestions and the more you can sell of your addon.

Suggestions:

1. You need bounced email handling. Nobody will use it without that because of risk of getting black listed
2. You need email throttling and specif smtp addresses for the sneders email, bounce emails and postmaster email, to avoid to get blacklisted
3. You need an option to import all users, who agreed to receive admin emails, at once while installing this addon. No webmaster wants to send begging emails that people subscribe for a new newsletter
4. You need an unsubscribe link at th footer for legal requirements
5. Unsubcription for this newsletter should totally separated from unsubscribing of admin emails (but I think you have this already AFAIK)
6. You need the option of sending either HTML emails or text emails

If you need some ideas about what is status quo in mandatory features, look at this free newsetter software: www.phplist.com. This is one of the most successfull software out there. Unfortunately not yet integrated with Xenforo.

I do not think this is a good idea. Actually it turns me off to be honest.

This is an addon, that does not run independantly from xenforo, so the place to discus it is the xenforo place here. If every developer starts to give support only on his own forum, then we all need to register on 50 different pages only to ask questions for all the addons we are using. This is a nightmare.

If you want to earn money with this addon, you should make it for your clients as much convenient as possible to interact with you. The more interaction you have, the better your addon will get through users suggestions and the more you can sell of your addon.

Sorry you do not like our policy, but despite this we continue to inform those interested here on XenForo.
We need to emphasize that our policy is derived from the attitude past users, but not for all users of a type of user who has tried to deceive then the solution (temporary) that we decided to protect our products has been to put as a reference point our demo site.

Suggestions:

1. You need bounced email handling. Nobody will use it without that because of risk of getting black listed
2. You need email throttling and specif smtp addresses for the sneders email, bounce emails and postmaster email, to avoid to get blacklisted
3. You need an option to import all users, who agreed to receive admin emails, at once while installing this addon. No webmaster wants to send begging emails that people subscribe for a new newsletter
4. You need an unsubscribe link at th footer for legal requirements
5. Unsubcription for this newsletter should totally separated from unsubscribing of admin emails (but I think you have this already AFAIK)
6. You need the option of sending either HTML emails or text emails

If you need some ideas about what is status quo in mandatory features, look at this free newsetter software: www.phplist.com. This is one of the most successfull software out there. Unfortunately not yet integrated with Xenforo.

We will take your suggestions.
we are working on the next update.
Thanks

Sorry you do not like our policy, but despite this we continue to inform those interested here on XenForo.
We need to emphasize that our policy is derived from the attitude past users, but not for all users of a type of user who has tried to deceive then the solution (temporary) that we decided to protect our products has been to put as a reference point our demo site.

Sorry, but I do not undertand what this has to do with my point above. This is a discussion thread, not an announcement-only thread. at least this is the way the xenforo team decided to offer this place here.

So I think all addon-developers should also use this place as it was designed for: Feedback to addons, Q&A to addons, downloads of addons directly. No other site is needed for these points.

Sorry, but I do not undertand what this has to do with my point above. This is a discussion thread, not an announcement-only thread. at least this is the way the xenforo team decided to offer this place here.

So I think all addon-developers should also use this place as it was designed for: Feedback to addons, Q&A to addons, downloads of addons directly. No other site is needed for these points.

We're using this site to: Feedback, Q & A and downloads, but we also have our own point of information. We're not denying anything to the user because what we write on our site we write it here too.
We're not doing anything wrong, we respect XenForo and users.
Who wants to have news can choose whether to follow us here or on netkingZ.it. :)

Top Bottom