[XenConcept] Prefix forum listing

[XenConcept] Prefix forum listing [Paid] 2.0.8 Patch Level 3

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Thank you. happy new year to you too

The purpose of the add-on is to display all forum prefixes. Your request does not seem to fit most uses.
Oh, thanks for the heads up! Assumed this would list only the prefixes in the particular node. What a pity ;)

Does this hide prefixes not used yet? Example, you use prefixes for cars (Ford, Chevy, etc.). I would not want the ones with 0 listed.

If not I suggest it as an option: Hide prefixes with zero results (Y/N)... as some may want to show them.

Thanks!

Does this hide prefixes not used yet? Example, you use prefixes for cars (Ford, Chevy, etc.). I would not want the ones with 0 listed.

If not I suggest it as an option: Hide prefixes with zero results (Y/N)... as some may want to show them.

Thanks!

It does, but the add-on is currently still not working properly. On mobile the display is broken:

1579661190778.webp

I hope the developer can fix this soon.

Thanks looks great!

I would like to add a suggestion:

Prefix list order
Title
Display order
Number of threads <----

This way we can use it like a cloud with the highest number first; (190) (89) (77) (3). Thanks!

Will this hide empty prefixes? I don't want to show ones not used. Gonna click buy if so.

Last edited:
I purchased this but I am not able to use it.

When I click a forum category that has a ton of prefixes (I have a prefix that has over 10K results) I get a server error.

Either:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@*******.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

or

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/*******/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 104

It is definitely the add-on. It only happened when I installed it. When I disable it is fine, when enabled it happens every click to the category. What's odd is, if I remove that forum category from the list in your settings it still happens (I guess the code still queries but menu is hidden). It must be fully disabled.

Last edited:
I purchased this but I am not able to use it.

When I click a forum category that has a ton of prefixes (I have a prefix that has over 10K results) I get a server error.

Either:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@*******.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

or

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/*******/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 104

It is definitely the add-on. It only happened when I installed it. When I disable it is fine, when enabled it happens every click to the category. What's odd is, if I remove that forum category from the list in your settings it still happens (I guess the code still queries but menu is hidden). It must be fully disabled.

You need to increase your server's memory. You can modify it by adding this line in your htaccess. php_value memory_limit 256M

Also when you are in the category and it has a lot of prefixes (one has over 10K) clicking one is slow even if it has a low number itself.

Maybe this can't handle 10K+ prefixes in one category?

Can you add cache and also, if you disable it for a forum, totally disable it so it does not query?

I turned off the large forum node and it still happens so I imagine you just hid the menu and the query still happens.

I am using this one now and is is super fast! No lag whatsoever. I can click into the forum now and also click the prefix with 10K+ results and it is instant.

I like the features in yours better but I will have to use this one. He must be doing something different to load them.

I am using this one now and is is super fast! No lag whatsoever. I can click into the forum now and also click the prefix with 10K+ results and it is instant.

I like the features in yours better but I will have to use this one. He must be doing something different to load them.

What slows down the forum is the counting of discussions for the prefixes I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom