[OzzModz] Home Blog

[OzzModz] Home Blog [Paid] 2.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Does slider have an autoplay option?

A suggestion: It would be better we can show only featured threads on the whole page, instead of the latest articles. I mean, there is an option such as "Sticky thread only". If there will be a feature such as "Featured threads only" we can fill the page with the topics only we featured. So we can have full control over the page.

And another suggestion: It would be perfect if we increase or decrease the number of threads to the right of the slider. For example, Someone may wish to reduce the height of the slider. In this case, it will look more elegant to have two threads on the right grid. :)
Thanks for the great suggestion :) i will work on that :)

Hello.

Please add support for meta description. For example, make support for outputting a description through a macro that we can find in the PAGE_CONTAINER template, the line
Code:
    <xf:if is="!$head.meta_description && $description is not empty && $pageDescriptionMeta">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="description" arg-description="{$description}" arg-output="{{ true }}" />
    </xf:if>
I tried to set it manually, but did not recognize it from the current templates. Or can you tell me how to solve this problem? Because SEO swears that there is a headline and there is no description.😔
By default, the meta description is only displayed in the forums page. I also wanted to display the meta description on the main page of the Home blog, because it is incorrect that it is not there.
What can I do? There is a title in the meta, but there is no meta description.
XF version: 2.1.5. I checking for a meth description on a clean demo. Everything is the same.

Page Forums:
Screen Shot 12-17-19 at 01.50 AM.PNG

Page Home Blog:
Screen Shot 12-17-19 at 01.49 AM.PNG

Can you explain why that's the case? The example was thrown to you on xf demo.
As I can see, it all rests on the main plugin template - thread_home_blog_Xenbros - and I don't know how to solve it.

You don't have the support:
  • <meta name="description"
  • <meta property="og:description"
  • <meta property="twitter:description"
This was written to the developers and from the latest version they fixed the problem. Please, fix it.

Last edited:
hello, I would be interested in buying, I asked myself, to make sure that users type the URL of my site they are immediately redirected to the blog how should I do? do I have to install my copy of xenforo in / or can I still install xenforo (forum inside the www.url.com/forum folder?

hello, I would be interested in buying, I asked myself, to make sure that users type the URL of my site they are immediately redirected to the blog how should I do? n
Hello @Luca.M you can do that setting it on blog page a home page in xenforo basic option.
do I have to install my copy of xenforo in / or can I still install xenforo (forum inside the www.url.com/forum folder?
not able to understand what you are saying sir.

Hello.

Please add support for meta description. For example, make support for outputting a description through a macro that we can find in the PAGE_CONTAINER template, the line
Code:
    <xf:if is="!$head.meta_description && $description is not empty && $pageDescriptionMeta">
        <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="description" arg-description="{$description}" arg-output="{{ true }}" />
    </xf:if>
I tried to set it manually, but did not recognize it from the current templates. Or can you tell me how to solve this problem? Because SEO swears that there is a headline and there is no description.😔
By default, the meta description is only displayed in the forums page. I also wanted to display the meta description on the main page of the Home blog, because it is incorrect that it is not there.
What can I do? There is a title in the meta, but there is no meta description.
XF version: 2.1.5. I checking for a meth description on a clean demo. Everything is the same.

Page Home Blog:
View attachment 215268

Can you explain why that's the case? The example was thrown to you on xf demo.
As I can see, it all rests on the main plugin template - thread_home_blog_Xenbros - and I don't know how to solve it.

You don't have the support:
  • <meta name="description"
  • <meta property="og:description"
  • <meta property="twitter:description"
This was written to the developers and from the latest version they fixed the problem. Please, fix it.
sure it will be added in new verision

wrong-nav-location.webp

For me, pagination shows up at the wrong place. I need help solving this issue. Pagination works fine with the "Default Style".

This plugin has so much potential. Unfortunately, how it works is not intuitive.

I'm disappointed the actual "Blog" isn't just a widget you can place anywhere on your website (expect for the sidebar). There is a "Home Blog Thread Widget" (calling it "HBT Widget" from here on) which displays Thread posts, but does so differently from the actual Blog.

The way HBT Widget displays content is confusing to say the least. In the options section of the addon itself, there is an "Order By" and "Threads Display By" setting which in combination with the "Default sort order" for the HBT Widget determine how content is displayed. It seems these three settings work together. The "Order By" and "Threads Display By" apply globablly to all HBT Widgets....which CAN be a problem if you want some of your HBT Widgets to display content in an ascending order, and some in descending order. You're stuck with one or the order for all HBT Widgets.

View attachment 228341

For me, pagination shows up at the wrong place. I need help solving this issue. Pagination works fine with the "Default Style".

This plugin has so much potential. Unfortunately, how it works is not intuitive.

I'm disappointed the actual "Blog" isn't just a widget you can place anywhere on your website (expect for the sidebar). There is a "Home Blog Thread Widget" (calling it "HBT Widget" from here on) which displays Thread posts, but does so differently from the actual Blog.

The way HBT Widget displays content is confusing to say the least. In the options section of the addon itself, there is an "Order By" and "Threads Display By" setting which in combination with the "Default sort order" for the HBT Widget determine how content is displayed. It seems these three settings work together. The "Order By" and "Threads Display By" apply globablly to all HBT Widgets....which CAN be a problem if you want some of your HBT Widgets to display content in an ascending order, and some in descending order. You're stuck with one or the order for all HBT Widgets.
for any support or help please contact on website or PM with verification detail

Great add-on,

i do have a question when i click on the blog tab the navbar highlight does not show over the blog tab?
nohighlight.webp

but all the other tabs seem to work fine.
highlighting.webp

Top Bottom