[OzzModz] Home Blog

[OzzModz] Home Blog [Paid] 2.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Here's what it looks like to add a topic to one of the grids. You need to open a topic, click the button to recommend a topic and you choose where to post - slide or grid. If there is a picture, it will automatically pick it up and the path, if not, you write the path yourself. My correction, I wrote above, corrects the output of this button. Because when you install the plugin on XF 2.2 +, this button no. My fix returns it. The rest of the plugin works properly.
Ah, I understand now. So basically when you write an article, you need to manually click the "Featured" button in order for it to show on the grid. It works, but it's a shame that there isn't an option to do it automatically.

Ah, I understand now. So basically when you write an article, you need to manually click the "Featured" button in order for it to show on the grid. It works, but it's a shame that there isn't an option to do it automatically.
That's right. However, if the button is not pressed, then the created topic in the desired forum will simply be published in order with all in the general list.
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 08.48 PM.PNG
You can choose to display general articles by numbering or scrolling will open everything as you scroll down. There is a choice of that here.
The grids here are for articles that you specifically want to select as favorites for long publication. The purpose of manual addition is this. On WP this is displayed automatically, but you can set it to manual as well, so I don't consider this a disadvantage. Why would you want to publish everything in the grid if you don't need to? I think it makes sense.

The grids here are for articles that you specifically want to select as favorites for long publication. The purpose of manual addition is this. On WP this is displayed automatically, but you can set it to manual as well, so I don't consider this a disadvantage. Why would you want to publish everything in the grid if you don't need to? I think it makes sense.
Actually, when you explain it like this - it does make sense. I wasn't thinking of WP flow. You basically write an article, then you can make it draft or publish it.

Actually, when you explain it like this - it does make sense. I wasn't thinking of WP flow. You basically write an article, then you can make it draft or publish it.
That's right. On XF, you can also hide a created topic or remove it from publication. Especially when creating a topic, each topic can be checked before publication. It all depends on what user rights you write. Other variants of blogs that I looked at all publish their articles from the control panel of the administrator. For example, the same XenPorta, absolutely not convenient as a blog, but a matter of taste. I have heard that as a blog praised Article Management System (AMS), but I have not tested it. It is up to you to choose what suits you best.

Article Management System (AMS)
I saw this one and it looked unmaintained but not sure if it's the same one you're talking about.
I just saw that Bob's is called Article Management System - so it is the one I am talking about.

I did look at the one that Bob over at XenAddons made and it looks very nice - bit more expensive but a full fledged article/blog system. So, I'm weighing my options currently.

I saw this one and it looked unmaintained but not sure if it's the same one you're talking about.

I did look at the one that Bob over at XenAddons made and it looks very nice - bit more expensive but a full fledged article/blog system. So, I'm weighing my options currently.
That's right, I was talking about him. The AMS plugin was created by Bob. It is recommended most often, but I've never fully seen XF with its work. I have nothing to compare it with or see examples. If you do not mind, write to me in the PM addresses of sites where you can see the real work of this plugin. Because on Bob's forum there is only text, no examples... so I did not even focus my attention. If it is so good and extensive in functionality, the Home Blog plugin does not stand next to it.

I have tried Sado's fix, but I cannot get featured post functionality to display any kind of button on my install of 2.2.1. The add-on does work otherwise, but I have no ability to mark a post as featured. No way to mark a post as featured when composing one.

Documentation of this add-on is non-existent outside of this thread. I am not happy at this point. As Sado warned in previous pages, I would not recommend purchasing this for XF 2.2.x until @hemant_bhardwaj can update it. Unfortunate, because it was very promising.

Last edited:
I have tried Sado's fix, but I cannot get featured post functionality to display any kind of button on my install of 2.2.1. The add-on does work otherwise, but I have no ability to mark a post as featured. No way to mark a post as featured when composing one.

Documentation of this add-on is non-existent outside of this thread. I am not happy at this point. As Sado warned in previous pages, I would not recommend purchasing this for XF 2.2.x until @hemant_bhardwaj can update it. Unfortunate, because it was very promising.

Personally checked on a clean install 2.2.4 and made changes to the template modifier, which is here pointed out and everything works.

Did you enable visibility in user groups? If you do not include, then of course do not see the button.

To change the template, you need to enable developer mode in /src/config.php and insert: $config['development']['enabled'] = true;
When you're done, change "true" to "false" to turn it off.

And yes, I apologize. The code changed with the last update. Last post doesn't work anymore. Here is the new fix.

New fix:​

Go to Template modifications - [Xenbros] Home Blog: thread_view - hb_xenbros_featured_blog
The "find" window:

Insert this
Code:
                        <xf:if is="$thread.canApproveUnapprove() AND $thread.discussion_state == 'moderated'">
                            <xf:button href="{{ link('threads/approve', $thread) }}" class="button--link" overlay="true">
                                {{ phrase('approve') }}
                            </xf:button>
                        </xf:if>

The "replace" window:
Insert this
Code:
$0
<xf:if contentcheck="true">
    <xf:contentcheck>
        <xf:if is="in_array($thread.node_id, $xf.options.where_show_feature_hb) && {{ $xf.visitor->hasPermission('xb_home_blog', 'xb_feature_thread') }}">
            <xf:button href="{{ link('threads/HBThreadEdit', $thread) }}"
                    class="button--link"
                     data-xf-click="overlay">
                <xf:if is="{$HBblog}">
                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-bullhorn fa-fw"></i> {{ phrase('xv_hb_unfeatured_thread') }}
                <xf:else />
                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-bullhorn fa-fw"></i> {{ phrase('xv_hb_featured_thread') }}
    </xf:contentcheck>

The button "Feature" for grid publishing will be returned to XF 2.2+

Attachments

• Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.12 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.12 AM.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.16 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.16 AM.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.17 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.17 AM.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.18 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.18 AM.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.18 AM 001.webp
    Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.18 AM 001.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.20 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.20 AM.webp
    8 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.30 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 04-06-21 at 09.30 AM.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hello all,

Looking into getting this to have a blog section set-up on our forums.

Apologies for the likely very basic question (I'm new to all this) is it possible to have this plug-in setup the thumbnails on a separately created page within Xenforo rather than the home landing page?

Cheers.

Hello all,

Looking into getting this to have a blog section set-up on our forums.

Apologies for the likely very basic question (I'm new to all this) is it possible to have this plug-in setup the thumbnails on a separately created page within Xenforo rather than the home landing page?

Cheers.

Hi

About the pages, definitely not. When you choose from which forums to display a topic, the thumbnail will automatically be loaded from the selected forums with the title of the topic and the name of the forum. If you have not uploaded anything in the attachment, it will not upload anything except the header and an empty window.

On the other hand, here you need to create a template modifier, so that the news output block template, duplicated in other pages you created. If I understand the question correctly. I can hardly help, you have to try.
Perhaps the author of the plugin can tell you something, but the feeling that he abandoned the plugin.:cautious:

At least the plugin works on the current version XF 2.2.8 and its functionality is more than enough. However, I'm thinking of replacing it in the future with something better.
There are 2 variants of the analogue:
  1. XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO
  2. Article Management System (AMS)
Or consider integrating WordPress:
Unfortunately, there won't be much more to advise for beginners. Choose what's right for your needs. Not every option will work for everyone.

Last edited:
Bought and installed it today. Pretty easy setup but how does the featured thread work? I can not get it to show up. All threads are the same size and would really like the blog entries to show prominently.
Also is there a reason when I reached out on your site that I hit a 404? With no blogs for support or anything like that.

Bought and installed it today. Pretty easy setup but how does the featured thread work? I can not get it to show up. All threads are the same size and would really like the blog entries to show prominently.
Also is there a reason when I reached out on your site that I hit a 404? With no blogs for support or anything like that.

In order for the plugin to fully work for you. Use the edit I write about here. Because of this you can not apply the functionality of the plugin to its full extent. What forums you specify that will be on your main page to publish taking into account the name of the forum, theme name and attachments, if loaded when publishing. For publication in the header as recommended, then only through the button "Feature", which you get after my edits.

Regarding the author's site, don't expect support. Whole 2 years we are waiting, we will not wait neither bug fixes nor adaptation to 2.2. But, if you do not need more from the plugin from what it offers, it is not difficult to fix these deficiencies and work quietly. Or consider analogues.

Last edited:
It's a disappointing, but to be expected.:cautious: The plugin's features were good. I do not know how much longer I will use this plugin, but clearly in the future will have to change, nobody knows when the work may fall off in future updates XF. Who else uses this plugin, then look out for analogues boldly. I looked so, the latest version XenPorta brought it to mind and there is automatic posting topics on the page, it makes sense to consider.

Analogs:
Personally, I will probably consider XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO they have interesting solutions. Who else uses Home Blog, then write in personal messages, if possible I will help with questions on it.

Last edited:
Personally checked on a clean install 2.2.4 and made changes to the template modifier, which is here pointed out and everything works.

Did you enable visibility in user groups? If you do not include, then of course do not see the button.

To change the template, you need to enable developer mode in /src/config.php and insert: $config['development']['enabled'] = true;
When you're done, change "true" to "false" to turn it off.

And yes, I apologize. The code changed with the last update. Last post doesn't work anymore. Here is the new fix.

Go to Template modifications - [Xenbros] Home Blog: thread_view - hb_xenbros_featured_blog
The "find" window:

Insert this
Code:
                        <xf:if is="$thread.canApproveUnapprove() AND $thread.discussion_state == 'moderated'">
                            <xf:button href="{{ link('threads/approve', $thread) }}" class="button--link" overlay="true">
                                {{ phrase('approve') }}

The "replace" window:
Insert this
Code:
$0
<xf:if contentcheck="true">
    <xf:contentcheck>
        <xf:if is="in_array($thread.node_id, $xf.options.where_show_feature_hb) && {{ $xf.visitor->hasPermission('xb_home_blog', 'xb_feature_thread') }}">
                    class="button--link"
                     data-xf-click="overlay">
                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-bullhorn fa-fw"></i> {{ phrase('xv_hb_unfeatured_thread') }}
                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-bullhorn fa-fw"></i> {{ phrase('xv_hb_featured_thread') }}
    </xf:contentcheck>

The button "Feature" for grid publishing will be returned to XF 2.2+

The "find" window:
Insert this:
Code:
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.user_id AND $thread.isUnread()">
The "replace" window:
Insert this:
Code:
            class="button--link"
            data-xf-click="overlay">
$0
Who still uses it, you can be happy. 😋
Tested on XF v2.2.11.

It's a disappointing, but to be expected.:cautious: The plugin's features were good. I do not know how much longer I will use this plugin, but clearly in the future will have to change, nobody knows when the work may fall off in future updates XF. Who else uses this plugin, then look out for analogues boldly. I looked so, the latest version XenPorta brought it to mind and there is automatic posting topics on the page, it makes sense to consider.

Analogs:
Personally, I will probably consider XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO they have interesting solutions. Who else uses Home Blog, then write in personal messages, if possible I will help with questions on it.
There is also:

The latter may take a little tweaking to suit but... it works pretty well for us!

1679978121903.webp

Top Bottom