Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

I know, its not showing up anywere after i rebuild, or on the external page. The alerts been handled differently i guess.

Yes possibly. But see my post in the other thread. I will be studying others in detail.

Yes possibly. But see my post in the other thread. I will be studying others in detail.
Thanks, I've just seen that and your good points made. I'm currently happy with what I have (though conversation alerts would be nice ;) ) but was curious following the discussion in the other thread. :)

In all honesty, I suspect you haven't followed my previous instructions correctly.

It works with all other add-ons, there's no reason why that one should be different unless you have done something wrong.

If you'd like me to take a look, please let me know your Admin CP username and password.

Just an FYI on a correction to the thread ban alert type.

The default text says "Have have been banned from a thread (reply_ban)"

But obviously that can be easily corrected.

Forgot to ask another question that I'm too lazy to look at myself.

For the XenForo site notifications, I assume the XenForo user password option field isn't encrypted? It's just a standard password option type?

Only in the same way as seeing who has registered with Facebook or other external services. It's stored in the database.

Okay thanks, I think I managed to find what I need in the database.

Is there a way to target notices to users who don't have it installed?

There's currently criteria for 'User's forum account is associated with their Pushover account', is there a way to reverse that so I can target users where it is not associated?

Chris D updated Xen Pushover with a new update entry:

Improved compatibility with add-ons

This update addresses an issue whereby alerts could not be set up for *******'s Support Ticket System.

Code has been modified to make fixing such issues in the future more trivial.

The update will be delivered via e-mail shortly. If the e-mail does not arrive, please click any download link in any e-mail you may have previously received regarding Xen Pushover - this will always download the most recent version.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ok, maybe a dumb question. If I've enabled Pushover for XenForo.com, there doesn't appear to be a way to disabled it. There is the "Associate with Pushover" button, but no "Disassociate".

And the User Identifier, XenForo username and password are required fields once they are set

EDIT: Never mind, just saw this "To disassociate and disable receiving XenForo alerts via Pushover, remove all user details."

Last edited:
I've had Xen Pushover running on my site for a few days now, and I've only received a grand total of... 1 notification. Any idea what could be wrong?

I've had Xen Pushover running on my site for a few days now, and I've only received a grand total of... 1 notification. Any idea what could be wrong?
You'll need to give more details of your set up to troubleshoot.

What push alerts have you permitted in the ACP?
What push alerts have you selected in your preferences in external accounts?
Have you had any forum alerts that match any of the enabled push alerts?

Last edited:
I have all notifications turned on except for when someone likes a resource. I also have all of the server error log and users awaiting approval. The notifications are enabled in my external account preferences as well.

Top Bottom