Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

It not working for alerts here is expected at this time.

But it should not have an effect on your local alerts.

@Chris D If I may take the opportunity to remind you of this too: Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Paid]
BTW, I hadn't forgotten about this, and I thought we had discussed it before, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyway, the upshot of my testing when this originally came up was that I couldn't reproduce it. Considering my hazy memory about whether we actually discussed this or not, I just tried again with the latest FT and latest Xen Pushover and I still can't reproduce the issue.

If you can produce it reliably, please run through the reproduction steps again in more detail in case I've missed anything. Thing is, all this alert stuff is fairly simplistic and there shouldn't be any fathomable reason as far as I can work out for that part of the alert to be missing.

If you can produce it reliably, please run through the reproduction steps again in more detail in case I've missed anything.
Hey Chris, thanks for getting back to the issue. There are no real steps to do beside that the alert of "Admin featured your thread xyzxyz." (which is displayed correctly in the alerts on the forum) is then pushed by Pushover as "Admin featured your thread ." So the thread name is missing entirely but there is a space and the dot of the end of the sentence. So the thread name is not pushed and is missing. CTA Featured Thread is the only add-on where this happens. Everything else is pushed correctly and completely.

To summarize it:
  • The thread that is featured is featured by the admin account (user ID 1).
  • The alert is displayed correctly on the forum.
  • The thread title is missing in the Pushover message on the mobile device app.
  • CTA Featured Thread is the only add-on where this happens.

It’s nothing to do with your own forums running XF2. It’s because THIS forum is running XF2 and it has a feature which can read your alerts here and push them to you.

Hey Chris, thanks for getting back to the issue. There are no real steps to do beside that the alert of "Admin featured your thread xyzxyz." (which is displayed correctly in the alerts on the forum) is then pushed by Pushover as "Admin featured your thread ." So the thread name is missing entirely but there is a space and the dot of the end of the sentence. So the thread name is not pushed and is missing. CTA Featured Thread is the only add-on where this happens. Everything else is pushed correctly and completely.

To summarize it:
  • The thread that is featured is featured by the admin account (user ID 1).
  • The alert is displayed correctly on the forum.
  • The thread title is missing in the Pushover message on the mobile device app.
  • CTA Featured Thread is the only add-on where this happens.
It’s not something I’ve ever been able to reproduce and no other reports of it.

7FA7A4D4-59F1-47B2-9F92-9B954640A997.webp

I’ll do some more testing.

It’s nothing to do with your own forums running XF2. It’s because THIS forum is running XF2 and it has a feature which can read your alerts here and push them to you.

that doesn't make sense to me. I'm not running XF2 -- do I upgrade this or not?

that doesn't make sense to me. I'm not running XF2 -- do I upgrade this or not?

If you are a forum admin, you can use this addon, installed on your forum, to scrape your alerts here (on xenforo.com) and push them to you via XenPushover.

When this site upgraded to XF2, this broke. The upgrade fixes that so that you can get push notifications for post here.

According to your add-on list in the Admin CP, which version of the add-on do you have installed?

I can’t see why that would be happening and can’t currently reproduce the issue.

Did it work prior to version 1.2.3?

@Martok or anyone else any similar issues?

This might be something I need both FTP access and Admin CP access for then please @Joeychgo.

If you could PM some details that would be appreciated.

(It may take a day or two to look into it properly so bear with me).

When I purchased this, I was presented with a zip file and was stranded on your download page. I downloaded the zip and tried to use Install & Upgrade with the zip file, but it says file not found. I then tried to use the URL of the resource here and got the error There is a problem accessing the resource page.

I guess I still have not mastered installing add-ons but the last several have been pretty automatic with addons & upgrades since I installed that.

If you have downloaded the zip file, there shouldn't be any issue using Install & Upgrade with it.

Might be worth deleting the downloaded file and attempting to download again. You should end up with a file called XenPushover-1.2.3.zip and you should be able to use that with the add-on installer.

Top Bottom