Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

Came in today when a thread was featured by CTA FT and one "reply" where send out at the same time. Could be just a hiccup...

Code:
Error Info
Cannot query; no document registered - library/Zend/Dom/Query.php:245

Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Dom/Query.php(231): Zend_Dom_Query->queryXpath('//*[contains(co...', '.PopupItemLink')
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Model/Pushover.php(692): Zend_Dom_Query->query('.PopupItemLink')
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Deferred/AlertQueue.php(22): XenPushover_Model_Pushover->push(21648, 2)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenPushover_Deferred_AlertQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.5741069316864, '')
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.5741069316864, '', false)
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}

Request State
Array
(
    [url] => https://www.mywebsite.com/deferred.php
    [_GET] => Array
        (
        )

[_POST] => Array
        (
            [_xfRequestUri] => /threads/my-thread.1291/
            [_xfNoRedirect] => 1
            [_xfToken] => ********
            [_xfResponseType] => json
        )

)

A little bug with @Brogan's "CTA Featured Thread Add-on". The only alarm that comes with CTA FT – when someone features a thread is not pushed completely: While the alarm is correct and complete on the board, the pushed notification only reads like this: "User (Admin) featured your thread ." (There is a space after "thread" and the name of the thread is not pushed – although the alarm on the board is displayed correct.) Let me amend, the alarm was send with the "Auto Thread Feature" function (the thread was featured by CTA FT automatically for certain criteria met).

Hey @Chris D could you have a look into this, please?

Hey @Chris D could you have a look into this, please?
I definitely will. I just haven't had the chance, yet... Sorry for the delay.

Which push app do we use? There are loads to choose from but not XenForo listed.
This add-on is "Xen Pushover" it's an integration with the "Pushover" service, and therefore requires the Pushover app.

There is a Pushover client available for iOS and Android including Apple Watch and a desktop client.

I definitely will. I just haven't had the chance, yet... Sorry for the delay.

This add-on is "Xen Pushover" it's an integration with the "Pushover" service, and therefore requires the Pushover app.

There is a Pushover client available for iOS and Android including Apple Watch and a desktop client.
It's okay. I was looking at the featured thing on the pushover homepage.

I've bought your plugin, signed up to pushover, setup Admin CP settings, and have allowed (so far) my admin usergroup to associate the pushover account. But where to I enter my 'key' that it's given me on my Android when I logged in? Can't seem to find it in user control panel on the forum.

Okay I've managed to sort that issue.

With the pushover account, I wasn't able to fill in and save the same box you used.

upload_2015-8-21_1-24-47-png.114724

I had to create a group to save the page and get the subscription code. My URL wasn't being accepted.
Will that matter?

Hi,

Do you have a screen with all push type alert please ?
It covers all alert types added by any add on. You can disable whichever ones you don't feel are useful. So they are more descriptive than just a content type and action, you can create a phrase which describes each alert type.

Okay I've managed to sort that issue.

With the pushover account, I wasn't able to fill in and save the same box you used.

upload_2015-8-21_1-24-47-png.114724

I had to create a group to save the page and get the subscription code. My URL wasn't being accepted.
Will that matter?
Yes probably. Not sure why the URL wouldn't be accepted. When I last set this up recently I didn't come across any issues. Is there anything special about your URL? What exactly were you entering?

Rookie error. I left out the trailing slash. Seems to be really important. :cautious:

Sorted now. Already have a few subscribers. I can see this being advantageous. Bring on the traffic. :D :whistle:

Works great so far! Admittedly I wish it didn't have to be tied into this third party "Pushover" app, but I suppose there's no way around that, huh?

For the widest support, yes, it needs an app. For example, push notifications are only possible on iOS with a third party app. We're just waiting for iOS to catch up with all of the other platforms. Fingers crossed for iOS 11, just as they were for iOS 10, and iOS 9 and iOS 8...

For the widest support, yes, it needs an app. For example, push notifications are only possible on iOS with a third party app. We're just waiting for iOS to catch up with all of the other platforms. Fingers crossed for iOS 11, just as they were for iOS 10, and iOS 9 and iOS 8...

Interesting, I didn't know that! So does Android require a third party app for push notifications as well?

Either way, it's working flawlessly so far.

Recent versions of Android may have native push notifications. At some point in the future, this add-on will expand to other providers of push services, be that native support, other services or apps to do that.

The download link you received today will always download the most recent version, so try and keep that safe. But when a new version is released you should get an alert here and an email.

Trophy Points
I need to do this much better I think. Presently, my user title ladder is only based on messages, and I don't display the user title or trophies awarded.
Anyone with a successful model of trophies and trophy points on their site that they're proud of, and willing to share?

Top Bottom