Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

xfrocks version is on a subscription basis.

$5 a month and you get Pushover plus more. You've also, presumably, got the option to cancel. But then you miss out on upgrades and support.

Your £15 for Xen Pushover (was £25!) includes all future upgrades and support, free of charge.

Is Pushover a new service? Maybe that's part of why the app costs so much. Some apps go down in price eventually.

Is Pushover a new service? Maybe that's part of why the app costs so much. Some apps go down in price eventually.
It is relatively new in that it looks like it was launched to the public in 2012.

Looks good, and something for me to think about for CycleChat! (y)

Do the "pushed" alerts also still show up on your site when the user visits via a browser? (i.e. the normal alerts aren't replaced/deleted?)

Do the "pushed" alerts also still show up when a user visits your site?
Yes. Right now nothing on the client (iOS / Android) does a postback to the XF install indicating that it has been read (which, for now at least, I prefer). If you have multiple mobile devices you can configure the Pushover clients to synch' between them so that if you view the alert one one device then it'll mark it as read on the other devices.

People have suggested it might be a good idea to list which sites are using this add-on. I'm going to list sites using the add-on in the FAQ tab of the Resource. If you would like me to list yours, please quote this post and give me your URL.

Now Serving Linux just purchased and implemented this but it has been implemented as a paid subscription service (with some other features) except for those that meet the XenForo license holder requirements of my forum.

There is a "problem" if you have [BD] Alerts 0.9.7 by @xfrocks installed and use this. If you currently have this add-on installed, you will need to disable [BD] Alerts.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method bdAlerts_Model_Alert::getPushoverResponse() - library/XenPushover/ControllerPublic/Account.php:254
Generated By: Tracy, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://servinglinux.com/account/external-accounts/pushover"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["user"] => string(30) "duhhhh"
    ["device"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["account"] => string(11) "xenpushover"
    ["submit"] => string(23) "Associate with Pushover"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/account/external-accounts"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
There is a "problem" if you have [BD] Alerts 0.9.7 by @xfrocks installed and use this. If you currently have this add-on installed, you will need to disable [BD] Alerts.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method bdAlerts_Model_Alert::getPushoverResponse() - library/XenPushover/ControllerPublic/Account.php:254
Generated By: Tracy, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://servinglinux.com/account/external-accounts/pushover"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["user"] => string(30) "duhhhh"
    ["device"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["account"] => string(11) "xenpushover"
    ["submit"] => string(23) "Associate with Pushover"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/account/external-accounts"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
I posted in the [bd] Alerts add-on thread :D

Anyway, I checked and it looks like @Chris D used a high execution order for his code event listener, [bd] Alerts add-on also uses a high number (9999 to be exact) and it prevents other add-on from extending after it. Not sure if @Chris D has to do that too? Otherwise, I can increase my number to let this add-on runs after his.

Great addon!
I know push.com and I missed pushover :D

push.co is supported on ifttt.com, pushover too?

p.s. the smart thing is that if user buy the app they can use for many things.

Please make sure you read the add-on description fully, including the cost of the mobile apps for your platform. Your users will need to purchase the add for their devices and it isn't the cheapest app available. But it is worth noting that they may be able to use the app (or already use it) on a number of sites aside from your own.

People have suggested it might be a good idea to list which sites are using this add-on. I'm going to list sites using the add-on in the FAQ tab of the Resource. If you would like me to list yours, please quote this post and give me your URL.
You can add Senior Gamers http://www.seniorgamers.net to the list of sites using this excellent add-on. (y)

Purchased yesterday, one little hitch. The XF template account_wrapper only shows the External Accounts section for users if

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.twitterAppKey} OR {$xenOptions.googleClientId}">

We don't have FB, Twitter or Google integration, so we modified the template. You might want to add a template modification to also check for a Pushover API key in that conditional.

Excellent add-on @Chris D

My first suspicion is the permission.

Have you used Never to remove the permission from any usergroups or anything like that?

Top Bottom