Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

Sorry Chris, I'm probably being a complete cabbage here. But that's the page I've been looking at and I can only see a button to renew?

upload_2014-9-4_22-51-54.webp

Ha! Phew, thank goodness I'm not completely crazy :LOL:

You're going to hate me though, I may have found another bug. It won't accept my url when I try it with and without the www.

upload_2014-9-4_23-5-34.webp

Ahh, silly me. Of course, you might want to add a note to the page indicating that though as I'm sure someone else will make the same mistake.

I won't be, for now. XenForo has a few of these fields that validate URLs; usually no further explanation is required. I'll stick to the same convention.

Looks like you're all set, though (y)

That seemed to work, oddly enough I got a different error message when I made a typo though.

I wrote htptp instead of http and it allowed me to hit the okay button and submit the info, which then provided a different error

upload_2014-9-4_23-12-58.webp

Without the http:// or typo rather, it gets past the upload_2014-9-4_23-13-29.webp check that doesn't let you click update and intsead provides you with the other one instead.

I'm not sure which validation check that messes with, but just thought I'd mention it, not that it really matters, same result :)

The strange dialog with the yellow mark is from the browser...

Incidentally, I really do love the way this is coded @Chris D... I've got Stripe working already!

Liam

There are two validations in place.

The first one you encountered is validated in the browser using HTML (it's an input with type url). The second one you encountered is checked server side using a PHP function.

You can see the same behaviour in your XenForo account in the home page field.

Yep, you need the "Convert cart to licenses" permission.

Then add the product/s to your cart and click "Convert Cart...". Enter their username and click "Convert".

Yep, you need the "Convert cart to licenses" permission.

Then add the product/s to your cart and click "Convert Cart...". Enter their username and click "Convert".

(Importing all the old licenses is going to take a while...)

If it's any help, I wrote an importer from GFN Product Manager. You'll see the code in Importer/GFNProductManager.php and Model/Importers.php. It may be of some help if you wish to write a proper importer.

The Importer hasn't been touted as a feature because it was purely for my use, and I did some things in a specific way, e.g. not bothering with past versions etc. But it should serve as a good starting point for creating your own.

If you go directly to the add to cart URL (such as being linked to it from somewhere), I would've expected to be redirected to the cart page.

However, it's a dynamic redirect...

Liam

In my opinion you shouldn't like directly to a cart with an item in it. It's better to link to a product and allow them to add it to the cart. For example, what if they already had an active cart and didn't expect items to randomly be added to it just from following links. Then at checkout their cart potentially doubled in value, they'll either buy on accident, or empty the cart and never come back.

Yeah the cart link really isn't designed to be accessed directly. It will be staying as dynamic redirect for now.

Is there any plan to add Stats features to this addon (Customers, Sales, Revenue,...)?
Thank you.

Top Bottom